PDA

View Full Version : boot screen

martinaskew
09-06-16, 10:09
OK

I have a strange problem, I was messing with my VU+solo2 and stuffed up the image, so like any good installer I have a backup on USB which I flashed fine image is working great but for some reason its lost the openvix bootscreen all I get is a black screen with vix logo spinning top left, I have looked for the boot screen but cant seem to find it running 4.10 I think it is, can anyone help with this.

cheers

Martin

twol
09-06-16, 11:38
Normally when you flash an OpenViX image from usb, it will contain the splash. I guess your backup had a different splash screen.
I maybe wrong :) but I think if you download an image to the usb and then delete everything but the splash it should just flash the splash..... obviously take a backup before hand:)

Ford1
09-06-16, 18:06
If it is like my xtrend et8000 there is a initial BOOT LOGO usually something with the manufacturers name, then when openvix boots there is either the openvix default boot image, or you place one of your own images for it to use.

The first/initial boot logo is flashed when upgrading via usb, the openvix bootlogo is located in, SHARE directory, and consists of two files labelled "backdrop.mvi" and bootlogo.mvi"

hope this helps

birdman
09-06-16, 20:55
I have a strange problem, I was messing with my VU+solo2 and stuffed up the image, so like any good installer I have a backup on USB which I flashed fine image is working great but for some reason its lost the openvix bootscreen all I get is a black screen with vix logo spinning top left, I have looked for the boot screen but cant seem to find it running 4.10 I think it is, can anyone help with this.If the top-left spinner is running then that means enigma2 is starting, as that is what displays it.
The system bootup puts an image on screen (for me OpenVix in big letters across the screen).
The system start-up scripts puts bootlog.mvi on-screen (usually mentions Please Wait)
The enigma2 start-up script puts backdrop.mvi on-screen (usually the same image without the Please Wait)
The two *.mvi files are in /usr/share - although you can put your own into /etc/enigma2 to override these.

So check that you have these files (and that you haven't accidentally copied black.mvi from /usr/share/enigma2/).