PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] EPG displaying the same program name

JOHNSTON
09-06-16, 00:26
http://s33.postimg.org/m8is84yq7/image.jpg

This has just happened in the past few days it worked flawlessly since I updated to openvix a long time ago.

JOHNSTON
09-06-16, 00:30
http://s33.postimg.org/rwv1yw79r/image.jpg

judge
09-06-16, 00:33
Corrupt EPG, just delete it & download it again.
Also, you're using a pretty old build.

JOHNSTON
09-06-16, 11:56
Corrupt EPG, just delete it & download it again.
Also, you're using a pretty old build.

Thanks I am not sure how to do that.

I have went to menu > plugins > crossepg and downloaded again but this did not solve the issue.

I have the box setup exactly as I would like now it works great apart from this one niggle. I do have the update files downloaded and was considering to upgrade however I am afraid that it would wipe out all my settings and I would have to start from scratch again. That is why I am reluctant to even try to install and see what happens.

I have made what I think are full backups of my current system but I know so little about it all that I have no confidence I have done it right.

bbbuk
09-06-16, 22:40
What is the source of your EPG within CrossEPG? Is it OpenTV or rytek/xml sky uk?

I would only have one source and I find OpenTV is more accurate

JOHNSTON
10-06-16, 00:54
What is the source of your EPG within CrossEPG? Is it OpenTV or rytek/xml sky uk?

I would only have one source and I find OpenTV is more accurate

It seems to be sky opentv, you would think others would see the same thing as me of it was an issue with the source files that get downloaded so somehow mine despite downloading everyday is showing this madness

birdman
10-06-16, 01:20
I have went to menu > plugins > crossepg and downloaded again but this did not solve the issue.Menu -> Setup -> System -> EPG -> Load/Save/Delete and select Delete EPG.

Then run a download.

You have to remove the corrupted data cache before trying to add any more to it.

JOHNSTON
10-06-16, 01:44
Menu -> Setup -> System -> EPG -> Load/Save/Delete and select Delete EPG.

Then run a download.

You have to remove the corrupted data cache before trying to add any more to it.

Just did that and most have cleared out but perhaps 3 programs on screen still show "all the best hits" and the blurb describes that program.

I did not reboot after deleting perhaps this is worth a try?

Rob van der Does
10-06-16, 05:27
If you actually did "Menu -> Setup -> System -> EPG -> Load/Save/Delete and select Delete EPG" there is no need to reboot.
But it looks like your import has failed. You did run an import after deleting the data, didn't you?

Andy_Hazza
10-06-16, 08:41
Where are you saving your EPG data?
You really should think about upgrading to the latest image, because a time will come when you won't be able to access those plugin feeds and use your settings to restore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
10-06-16, 09:02
Yep; if the image is old, so are the plugins.

JOHNSTON
10-06-16, 10:55
If you actually did "Menu -> Setup -> System -> EPG -> Load/Save/Delete and select Delete EPG" there is no need to reboot. But it looks like your import has failed. You did run an import after deleting the data, didn't you?

Yes I did indeed. I deleted it and then went down to Cross EPG --> Download Now and let that complete and the issue still persisted allbeit not as much as the original picture. Just very bizarre issue I cannot think why it would be happening as I say the data downloaded must be fine because others are not having the issue, therefore where is this being loaded / populated from this repetitive data?

Where are you saving your EPG data?
You really should think about upgrading to the latest image, because a time will come when you won't be able to access those plugin feeds and use your settings to restore.

Yes I do want to however I am just not clear on wether my settings will be left intact in terms of custom remote button setups, skins etc. I have viewed a video of how to do it and if the settings would be left intact or if I knew i had pressed the correct backup procedure to restore to my current system I would do it.

Andy_Hazza
10-06-16, 11:20
Settings will be left in tact, plugins will need to be installed from scratch as no option to restore those.

Rob van der Does
10-06-16, 11:29
What settings do you use? If the servicereferences of your settings are not correct, there will be no EPG to be displayed.

JOHNSTON
10-06-16, 11:46
Settings will be left in tact, plugins will need to be installed from scratch as no option to restore those.

Is there an option to backup everything so if it goes tits up I can restore it exactly how it is right now?

Or would a backup lose plugins I have now?

Rob van der Does
10-06-16, 11:48
You can make a settings backup; after the flash you can restore all your settings, but not the plugins.

Andy_Hazza
10-06-16, 11:49
Backup Manager allows this. Blue button > ViX > Backup Manager and green button to save. Then use Image Manager to download the latest image and couch flash as we call it and when prompted at the FIW screen use your backup made earlier to restore you settings. So so so simple.

JOHNSTON
10-06-16, 11:53
What settings do you use? If the servicereferences of your settings are not correct, there will be no EPG to be displayed.

The EPG is displayed, it is the data that is populating inside the EPG that is duplicating the same program on some channels.

The data populating is All the best hits and wickets.

Thankfully it isn't a title from one of the adult channels that would be quite eye opening.

http://s33.postimg.org/dezkxi2tb/image.jpg

JOHNSTON
10-06-16, 11:59
Backup Manager allows this. Blue button > ViX > Backup Manager and green button to save. Then use Image Manager to download the latest image and couch flash as we call it and when prompted at the FIW screen use your backup made earlier to restore you settings. So so so simple.

OK i'm going to go for it and see what happens, this "all the best hits and wickets" is annoying me that much!

JOHNSTON
10-06-16, 12:12

Andy do I press restore when I downloaded 4.1.010 ?

I am in blue button :( > vix > image manager

Andy_Hazza
10-06-16, 12:13
Yeah when you have downloaded, you highlight the image and blue button to restore.

JOHNSTON
10-06-16, 12:45
Yeah when you have downloaded, you highlight the image and blue button to restore.

Well I have updated and it was painless so glad to get that all sorted.

However the original issue is still occurring the EPG still has this "All the best hits and wickets"

Should I be contacting the makers of CrossEPG perhaps?

:confused:

Andy_Hazza
10-06-16, 12:48
Do menu > setup > system > epg > load/save/delete and delete your epg data. Then restart your receiver. Then blue button > run crossEPG downloader again. See what that does

Andy_Hazza
10-06-16, 12:51
Well I have updated and it was painless so glad to get that all sorted.

However the original issue is still occurring the EPG still has this "All the best hits and wickets"

Should I be contacting the makers of CrossEPG perhaps?

:confused:

Nothing wrong with CrossEPG as its working fine here with no issues you have. You have a corrupted epg file for some reason.

Andy_Hazza
10-06-16, 12:56
Your EPG save location is defo media/hdd or media/usb NOT INTERNAL FLASH?

JOHNSTON
10-06-16, 13:04
Do menu > setup > system > epg > load/save/delete and delete your epg data. Then restart your receiver. Then blue button > run crossEPG downloader again. See what that does

Still there :confused:

I did notice though If I am watching say ITV and I want to watch channel 4, I press the channel + button on the remote to go up a channel.

The blue info bar that appears at the bottom when the channel loads will show in the yellow portion "all the best hi" for two seconds and then changes to be the correct program name.

This only happens when cycling through the channels, so the data is there from crossEPG downloading, but for some reason when i press the EPG button to bring up the EPG itself well you seen the pictures i've been posting and how it looks.

A bizarre issue.

JOHNSTON
10-06-16, 13:07
Your EPG save location is defo media/hdd or media/usb NOT INTERNAL FLASH?

under menu > setup > system > epg > settings > epg location

It shows internal flash

I have never modified this at all but i gather by the caps it should not be this way?

Andy_Hazza
10-06-16, 13:09
Should never be on Internal Flash. Its a wonder your receiver hasn't become sluggish and unresponsive. I want you to go back in and delete your EPG data. Then change your EPG location to your hdd. Then restart. Then run CrossEPG downloader again.

bbbuk
10-06-16, 13:13
It should be usb or hdd if you have either setup.

Delete epg again then change location then try downloading again

Sorry Andy you beat me to it

JOHNSTON
10-06-16, 13:20
Should never be on Internal Flash. Its a wonder your receiver hasn't become sluggish and unresponsive. I want you to go back in and delete your EPG data. Then change your EPG location to your hdd. Then restart. Then run CrossEPG downloader again.

Well that appears to have solved it thank you very much!

I have never noticed a sluggish performance ever to be honest. The only trouble we ever had is using the 1,4,7 buttons to rewind a MKV can sometimes jump it way into the file but we just press stop, ok to relaod the file and then use 3,6,9 to get back to where we left off.

How that setting was changed I have no idea as I never go near it. Unless the missus was playing about with it :confused:

Everything else has been flawless once i got it setup as i liked for well over a year or more and I honestly couldn't thank the team enough for openvix.

Andy_Hazza
10-06-16, 13:24
EPG is by default set to internal flash. This is not advisable as it can corrupt easily and also will eventually overfill your internal flash and a fresh flash would be needed. At least we have sorted your problem and if you do happen to setup any new receivers in the future just remember to change the location to either HDD or USB. Happy viewing!

Rob van der Does
10-06-16, 15:55
The blue info bar that appears at the bottom when the channel loads will show in the yellow portion "all the best hi" for two seconds and then changes to be the correct program name.
Although your issue has now been sorted, I want to explain what you see.
When you are tuned to a service, your box receives and shows the 'Now/Next' EPG data that the transponder sends to you. This is different data from downloaded EPG-data (such as Open-TV by Cross). Now when you zap to a service it takes some time for the Now/Next to be handled, so in first instance the stored data will show. Once Now/Next is populated, that will be shown to you.

Furthermore: Cross downloads the data as transmitted by the service provider and is called 'OpenTV'. So whatever it receives will be displayed (unless your data has been corrupted, that is :) ).

JOHNSTON
10-06-16, 16:28
Thanks again everyone :thumbsup: