PDA

View Full Version : Remote issue Edision OS MINI 1x DVB-S/S2 Linux Enigma 2 ...

djh_wolf
08-06-16, 23:00
Hi,

I've just received the above product from your site. For the first few days it seemed to function beautifully. For reference, I chose to have it flashed with OpenVix on purchase.

After a few days though, it seems the box is randomly choosing to refuse to accept any input from the included remote. The only solution seems to reboot the box (power-off then on again). Sometimes this needs to be repeated up to 4 reboot cycles before the remote functions again.

It seems I hay have a faulty product. Can anyone shed any light on this, or alternatively, tell me how I go about exchanging this for a properly functioning one?

Thanks in advance, and kind regards.

(oh, and just to note that the remote seems to be trying to send a signal, because I can see the IR light flashing when viewed through a digi camera on my phone)

Willmoore
08-06-16, 23:17
I've had a few issues with Edision remotes. Try putting some decent batteries in.

redbellied
08-06-16, 23:18
Not sure if its the problem or not but there is a flimsy plastic covering across the display screen. Maybe trying removing that if you haven't already.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Sicilian
09-06-16, 05:32
Replace the batteries on the remote with brand new premium batteries like Duracell, not used batteries of any kind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No1gooner
09-06-16, 07:03
I had the same issue with the both my remotes, the included batteries are not very good I found replacing them with decent ones solved the problem.

djh_wolf
09-06-16, 09:11
Thanks to all for the replies. I'd already removed the plastic cover, ta.

Woke up this morning, box seemed to have frozen again. Replaced the batteries in the remote - no problem after that. Such a simple solution, which I never thought to try because (a) it's brand new and (b) the lights on the remote were working just fine.

Thanks so much for that. =)

Andy_Hazza
09-06-16, 09:15
As a rule I always use high quality Duracell batteries, regardless what comes with the receiver. Surprising what a difference using higher quality batteries does make. [emoji4]

hicky087
18-08-16, 23:00
I'm having a similar problem with my remote. I have tried new batteries and still the controls works poorly. I have to have the remote pointing exactly at the right angle and even have it at the same level as the box,which is low to the ground, for it to work. Anyone having the same problems?

hicky087
22-08-16, 22:23
I've tried duracell and panasonic both making no difference.

osmononame
06-09-16, 21:55
I have bought this box and have same issue. Remote has to be pointed level and right at the box for it to work. I have tried new Duracell batteries. Same issue. Bit of a shame as other than the remote it's a decent box.

stu232
08-09-16, 01:48
This box has the worst remote of any receiver I've ever owned, not even Duracell's can save it.

Huevos
08-09-16, 02:29
This box has the worst remote of any receiver I've ever owned, not even Duracell's can save it.Is this the only box you've ever owned? :D

Remote seems fine to me. Worst remote ever was the Ultimo qwerty I think.

Sicilian
08-09-16, 07:29
Is this the only box you've ever owned? :D

Remote seems fine to me. Worst remote ever was the Ultimo qwerty I think.

1 second that!

I've never had an issue with OS Mini remote either, universal remote too! Supplied batteries aren't great, swapped for brand new Duracells, job done. No issues. Also peeps need to remember its a 'universal' type remote. If its not working, PRESS 'STB' button to switch control to the receiver.

hicky087
09-09-16, 21:12
When I first got the box the remote seemed to work fine but after about 3 weeks the signal strength diminished. I put new batteries in but that didn't seem to fix it. I've now had the os mini for a few months and it's gotten to the point where I have to lean out of the chair and have the remote a foot or so off the floor to match the height of where the box is situated to get it to respond and even then I could be pressing the remote 3 or 4 times for it to react. Maybe I'm just unlucky and got a faulty box/remote.

Huevos
09-09-16, 21:29
Energy saving light bulbs?

alcable
11-10-16, 19:35
where u get replacements lights on remote dont even work

Busterroo
24-10-16, 20:55
I'm having a similar problem with my remote. I have tried new batteries and still the controls works poorly. I have to have the remote pointing exactly at the right angle and even have it at the same level as the box,which is low to the ground, for it to work. Anyone having the same problems?

I have had the same problem with two of these remotes recently, you have to point them at the floor for them to work. Even installing new quality batteries wont solve this particular fault I'm afraid.

john doe
25-10-16, 08:26
When I first got the box the remote seemed to work fine but after about 3 weeks the signal strength diminished. I put new batteries in but that didn't seem to fix it. I've now had the os mini for a few months and it's gotten to the point where I have to lean out of the chair and have the remote a foot or so off the floor to match the height of where the box is situated to get it to respond and even then I could be pressing the remote 3 or 4 times for it to react. Maybe I'm just unlucky and got a faulty box/remote.

try changing the height of the mini etc. I have a solo remote, which has to be directly in line with the box, even with good batteries. the mini remote is far better and picks up channel change without the remote pointing directly to the box/

blackvenom
26-10-16, 07:29
I've been having similar issues with my OS Mini too. Box unresponsive even though it seems to receive the command from the remote (green light flashes on box when button pressed) and unless the remote is pointed directly at the box, it doesn't pick up the command which is very frustrating.

coolbawn
17-03-17, 09:16
Hi, I have just received my edision mini and the remote will not work except close to the box. I have changed the batteries but it is just as bad. The comment about using good quality batteries in other posts does not seem relevant as all my other remotes work perfectly well with all types of batteries. However I did use duracell batteries and it is just the same. It is a remote control that doesnt seem fit for purpose!

Willmoore
17-03-17, 09:27
This has been reported several times. New batteries can solve the problem - if not the other issue is the LED not set correctly. I 'cracked' open an Edision remote yesterday and the LED was pointing downwards. Straightened it and it worked fine. This problem/fix has been discussed several times - Can WOS inform Edision ?