PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] Can I Update the Image version without losing settings?

SatelliteUser
07-06-16, 21:49
Hi,

Apologies in advanced for the noob question - If I flash my receiver with the latest version of the Vix image, will I lose my custom settings on the receiver? For example, I have set up my EPG settings, USB recording settings, installed a couple of extra plugins and an exFat driver. Would I lose all these settings and would I need to re-install the additional plugins?

I have a backup of my image, but I'm not sure if this will mean certain plugins will be rolled back to a previous version as in the backup, defeating the purpose of flashing the box with the latest version.

Would really appreciate any help/guidance as you can probably tell that I'm confused. :/

Thank you.

Andy_Hazza
07-06-16, 22:01
What image are you currently on? Menu > Information > About.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SatelliteUser
08-06-16, 20:22
What image are you currently on? Menu > Information > About.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Andy,

I'm running version 5.2 build 0 as written above. Thanks

Tkr001
08-06-16, 21:04
no such thing as 5.2. perhaps you could post the results of menu>information>about

abu baniaz
08-06-16, 21:34
he is probably using openatv. they have a 5.2.

SatelliteUser
08-06-16, 22:07
Sorry, I completely forgot that there was a bug on my device. Since updating to the latest Vix image about 2 months ago, the information displayed in Menu > Information > About shows the version as 5.2 - the OpenATV image I was running previously. If I hit the Info button on the image information screen to show the Release Notes, it shows as openvix build 003, though no mention of the version no. I'm not sure how else I can check the version no, though all I can say is that it was the latest version of the Vix image on 3rd April 2016. My backup file name autogenerated by the Backup Manager even formatted the filename as "vix-release-5.2.0-2016[....].zip". :confused: Rest assured i'm definitely running a Vix image, just not sure the exact version no.

Ashley69
08-06-16, 22:10
Are you sure your box is VU+solo?

judge
08-06-16, 23:21
did you restore a settings backup from one image on the other?

twol
09-06-16, 09:45
Sorry, I completely forgot that there was a bug on my device. Since updating to the latest Vix image about 2 months ago, the information displayed in Menu > Information > About shows the version as 5.2 - the OpenATV image I was running previously. If I hit the Info button on the image information screen to show the Release Notes, it shows as openvix build 003, though no mention of the version no. I'm not sure how else I can check the version no, though all I can say is that it was the latest version of the Vix image on 3rd April 2016. My backup file name autogenerated by the Backup Manager even formatted the filename as "vix-release-5.2.0-2016[....].zip". :confused: Rest assured i'm definitely running a Vix image, just not sure the exact version no.
....... and where have you downloaded the Vix image from?
I have seen 5.2 not just on atv but on a cloned box, it showed ViX 5.2 but wasn,t a proper OpenViX image