PDA

View Full Version : Vu zero sound issue

mike4scuba
05-06-16, 17:21
Have a vu zero with sound issue

Is running the latest version of vix

Whist watching the TV the sound goes quiet as if someone is pressing the button on the remote

Anyone have a cure

john doe
05-06-16, 18:20
you may want to login to webif and check the volume from there & check all hdmi cables are plugged in properly

mike4scuba
05-06-16, 18:59
you may want to login to webif and check the volume from there & check all hdmi cables are plugged in properly

How do I login to webif on the machine and what am I supposed to change

Never had issues on my other by boxes

john doe
05-06-16, 19:06
use firefox and login by entering your ip address of the box into the web address, no need to use www or hhtp, just the number, should be something like 192.168.1.45. this will go into webif, there you will see a volume control, push that to 100 and report back.

in your box go to information and then network, this will have your ip address

mike4scuba
05-06-16, 19:59
use firefox and login by entering your ip address of the box into the web address, no need to use www or hhtp, just the number, should be something like 192.168.1.45. this will go into webif, there you will see a volume control, push that to 100 and report back.

in your box go to information and then network, this will have your ip address

Ok had a look in webif and the volume was set at 100%

Seems strange that you can be watching tv and the volume bar comes on the screen then the sound goes down as the bar moves to the left

If I increase the sound on the remote the bar moves to the right but the sound is mute and doesn't get louder

The vu box is a month old. Is it software or hardware issue

john doe
05-06-16, 20:07
are you using another device to watch from? the sound volume should not turn up or down by its self unless some one has access to another device, sounds like it been hacked. for example do you use anything like plugin.

I would flash from new and re=setup everything again . without back up or plugins

Andy_Hazza
05-06-16, 20:17
Do you have your ports open on your router/hub?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike4scuba
05-06-16, 20:23
The box is at my father in laws. I have never seen this issue with any other box, but saying that I have never seen a box that has a plug in ir unit as the zero has.

Think I will bring it home and try it at my house

mike4scuba
05-06-16, 20:24
Do you have your ports open on your router/hub?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No ports are closed as default on a plusnet router

mike4scuba
13-06-16, 05:46
Have removed the ir extension cable from the box

Sound issue seems to be resolved

Will test it over next few days and report back

Would the ir extension cable really cause the sound issue ?

TK4|2|1
13-06-16, 07:03
It's probably picking up ir interference from an external source, i.e. Plasma screen or low energy light bulbs.

mike4scuba
15-06-16, 08:09
It's probably picking up ir interference from an external source, i.e. Plasma screen or low energy light bulbs.

Surely the manufacturers would/should have screened the ir extension cable to stop interference causing issues with the vu zero box

TK4|2|1
15-06-16, 14:09
It's doesn't pick up on the cable. Plasma a bulbs produce ir light so gets picked up by the sensor.

mike4scuba
30-07-16, 06:43
Ok problem now sorted

It wasn't an issue with the zero box it was in fact the Samsung tv

After do a Google search for sound issues onthe Samsung model it turns out the web is full of problems with sound issues

The cure was to turn off the tv and remove the batteries in the remote .. Wait a couple of mins and turn the TV on at the switch then reinstall new remote batteries

All good now with no sound issues 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍕🍕🍕🍺🍾👀👀