PDA

View Full Version : CCTV Recommendation

dfox
05-06-16, 11:24
Anyone got any recommendations for cameras I can connect up over my home network and use the HDD in my GI lx3 to record onto?

Or any recommendations for single camera units.

john doe
05-06-16, 18:23
WOS have the hikvision set, a bit expensive but worth the money. I have 8 cameras all 1080p and a 8 channel PVR, with purple 4 TB HDD. you can use a program called ezviz or something like that to view when you out and about. or from a laptop using firefox.

if two expensive look at the 720p range

dfox
05-06-16, 22:14
Cheers I'll have a look

wullboy
06-06-16, 07:37
Ive just bought these, xxxxxxxxxxxxx. and they look good, this company sell all types of set-up`s, worth a look m8, good communications from him, and a very helpful guy....

Sicilian
06-06-16, 08:23
Link removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wullboy
06-06-16, 13:04
Sorry, did i leave a live link ?? did not mean too Sicilian...

Stanman
06-06-16, 18:07
Sponsor sells CCTV so no linking to competitors plz.

The hikvision stuff is supposed to be excellent even at night and the PZT cams are btilliant

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Ashley69
06-06-16, 18:21
My local CCTV installer swears by the Hikvision. Most of his installs are now Hikvision.

john doe
06-06-16, 18:52
i've had crap of ebay and not worth the money. hikvision is the dogs ... you know what

Sicilian
06-06-16, 19:30
Firmware backup and support from Hikvision is excellent too.

mobileman
06-06-16, 20:24
Another hikvision user here for a couple of years both PVR and NVR and few for friend n family etc

I buy all mine from China flashed with English firmware a third of the U.K. Price and free delivery most of time only issue if do get faulty one has to go back to them at roughly £8-9 I've only had 3 faulty cameras out of around 15-17 so savings have still been massive [emoji1360]

Watch out in eBay etc as many stores will be selling flashed China stock unlike WOS who will be full Uk units and not grey import so will carry the benefits that it brings [emoji1360]

I've put £60-80 hikvision camera against £300 camera and they out them to shame even recently at friends house supply police with photos for attempted car theft and they said best stuff they seen in ages [emoji16]

Ashley69
06-06-16, 20:32
Don't want to appear sceptical but if they are from China and a third of the price there is a possibility they are cloned. I have bought cloned stuff thats worked ok for a while but I have been burnt more often that not. But its a personal choice for each person.

wullboy
06-06-16, 20:49
Sponsor sells CCTV so no linking to competitors plz.

The hikvision stuff is supposed to be excellent even at night and the PZT cams are btilliant

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

aa, sorry guys, i did not know that, and if i did, then i would have bought from the Sponsor....!!!

mobileman
06-06-16, 20:55
Don't want to appear sceptical but if they are from China and a third of the price there is a possibility they are cloned. I have bought cloned stuff thats worked ok for a while but I have been burnt more often that not. But its a personal choice for each person.

No I purchased from genuine hikvision seller via a well known Chinese trade supplier site but a good point do your homework before hand if you go down flashed route, also clones won't pass the software and upgrades via the hikvision site

Only difference for UK stock and even say US versions are warranty is handled buy that country and the variation in price is caused by those markets purchase price set by the manufacturer and the currency prices they use for conversions I would say if you have no experience in cctv or trading with company's in other country's then UK stock would probably be your best route

john doe
07-06-16, 07:49
look at your local cctv shops. they are stocking more and more of the hikvision. I bought mine from a local shop and to be honest they were cheaper than ebay by £10 per camera.

dfox
07-06-16, 12:21
Cheers everyone.