PDA

View Full Version : KODI low definition sites

paulfg
04-06-16, 16:16
Hi
I am running orroo build kodi on my VU solo2 receiver.
my problem is my internet is very slow so I am getting buffering on HD streams.Does anyone know of normal definition streams for BT sport on orroo as the ones I have tried are all HD
thanks

Mr. Mister
04-06-16, 18:55
Under sports .. go to Lily Sports.. and select BT sports HD..

Its not HD.. and both SD and HD are labelled arse about face..

paulfg
04-06-16, 21:49
thanks mister
I have jarvis 2.2 build from orroo firestick builds is it on that one? as I cant see it or do I need to reinstall another download

Mr. Mister
04-06-16, 22:38
You must be using an older build buddy..

Id unistall.. and install again..

paulfg
05-06-16, 14:31
ok thanks mister
what is the file name in ares wizard?
I am using jarvis 16.1 do I need to delete all including the files on the HDD (I assume I must) not a problem as I have done it twice now once to install son s of anarchy and once for 2.2

Stanman
05-06-16, 15:49
If you have ares install just ho into it and install 2.3. It's no 56 iirc in the build list

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

paulfg
05-06-16, 16:56
If you have ares install just ho into it and install 2.3. It's no 56 iirc in the build list

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
just seen your post ,after I had deleted all and reinstalled kodi and orroo .never mind
I am getting the lily sport now and when I click on it it opens and I select a channel.
Getting message loading local proxy and then a blank screen no picture only a time display at the bottom,if I then wait after about a minute it returns to the channel lists

paulfg
05-06-16, 17:32
Another question
Am I wasting my time with kodi on the Vu solo2.
Would you recommend me to just get an Amazon Fire Stick and load kodi and orroo on that.
All i want to do is access standard definition streams without too much buffering and with links that work.
I have read that kodi doesnt work well with the Vu
I dont know if it matters with accessing the links but I am not in the UK

Andy_Hazza
05-06-16, 18:20
Its good on the Vu+ range of receivers, but admittedly even better on the Amazon Fire TV. Amazon Fire Stick is ok but relies on Wifi whereas the Amazon Fire TV can be hooked up via ethernet cable which is what you need imo really. Nonetheless Kodi and The Beast/Orroo are working great on my Vu+ Solo2 & Vu+ Solo4Ks. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulfg
05-06-16, 18:51
Its good on the Vu+ range of receivers, but admittedly even better on the Amazon Fire TV. Amazon Fire Stick is ok but relies on Wifi whereas the Amazon Fire TV can be hooked up via ethernet cable which is what you need imo really. Nonetheless Kodi and The Beast/Orroo are working great on my Vu+ Solo2 & Vu+ Solo4Ks. [emoji4]

thanks Andy
I suspect the underlying problem is the slow internet speeds I get and no matter what I do it wont work well.
The surprising thing is I can watch on my pc via a standard defeniton stream with less buffering
As you say it works fine on your Vu I wont waste my money on anything else until/if the internet improves

davers1875
06-06-16, 15:08

can i ask how on earth you get that AH :confused: i have the kodi on my solo2 and apparently all up to date, but i can't find where to get this 'orroo' thing :(

Mr. Mister
06-06-16, 15:24
Its in ares wizard.. number 55 in the browse builds list..

Willmoore
06-06-16, 15:57
can i ask how on earth you get that AH :confused: i have the kodi on my solo2 and apparently all up to date, but i can't find where to get this 'orroo' thing :(

Have you installed ares wizard ?
HTTP://areswizard.co.uk

ianw0327
06-06-16, 17:22
hi i have vu solo2 number 55 is shepo build is that right mate

Andy_Hazza
06-06-16, 17:46
Its number #54. It clearly says in the name description "Orroo Fire Stick Builds". This is what you want. [emoji4]