PDA

View Full Version : [GI-XPEED LX3] Swapping HDD in 2 receivers

dfox
03-06-16, 09:00
Is it possible to swap the HDD from my LX3 into a Mutant HD2400 and vice versa but keep all recordings etc on there.

It wont erase all of the data when I swap them?

Thanks

abu baniaz
03-06-16, 09:11
They will only get deleted if you initialise/format the HDD.

Check that the HDDs are the same physical dimensions.

dfox
03-06-16, 09:19
They will only get deleted if you initialise/format the HDD.

Check that the HDDs are the same physical dimensions.

Will do thanks, so really if they are the same dims 2.5", I should be able to swap them and then the receiver automatically find the HDD without mounting?

Because if for some reason you opened the receiver and disconnected the HDD that is already installed and re-connected it wouldn't need mounted again.

Rob van der Does
03-06-16, 10:06
In fact swapping HDD's between boxes is the very same as flashing a box and leaving the HDD in place.
Normally the internal HDD will be auto-recognized as such and be mounted as HDD; if this would not be the case you can use the ViX-mountmanager to correct that.
As Abu already said: as long as you don't initialize the HDD the contents will not be touched.

dfox
03-06-16, 10:10
In fact swapping HDD's between boxes is the very same as flashing a box and leaving the HDD in place.
Normally the internal HDD will be auto-recognized as such and be mounted as HDD; if this would not be the case you can use the ViX-mountmanager to correct that.
As Abu already said: as long as you don't initialize the HDD the contents will not be touched.

Thanks. All I needed to know :thumbsup:

dfox
17-06-16, 20:49
Just wanted to update this and say this worked without a problem.

Only thing I had to change was to swap a fixing plate from the HDD that came out the mutant onto the LX3 HDD to enable me to install back into the Mutant.