PDA

View Full Version : Help a newbie please

MR51CUK
31-05-16, 08:18
Hi all I was wondering if you could help.
I have been told that it is possible to also install Kodi onto my box and run it as well Vix(?)
Firstly is this possible and then is it a good idea or would you recommend something else?
Then how do I do it?

Thanks

Andy_Hazza
31-05-16, 08:20
You need to be on the latest ViX image (currently 4.1-010) and in the plugin feeds under Extensions you will find vuplus-kodi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MR51CUK
31-05-16, 08:20
You need to be on the latest ViX image (currently 4.1-010) and in the plugin feeds under Extensions you will find vuplus-kodi.

Thanks
How do I check that I've got the latest version?

MR51CUK
31-05-16, 08:27
I can only find kodidirect in the list is that ok?
Is this the best way to get films?

meatball1987
31-05-16, 08:33
Kodidirect is very old and a good chance not what your looking for

Imo kodi is just no good for these boxes

Use iptvplayer, tsmedia or get a plex account
Maybe even all of them

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
31-05-16, 09:07
Menu > Information > About will tell you what version you are on.
I have Kodi with The Beast installed on my Vu+ Solo2 & Vu+ Solo4K and working great.

MR51CUK
31-05-16, 09:30
It says version:Hades
Is that right?

Andy_Hazza
31-05-16, 10:14
That's an ancient build. If you want to use Kodi you need to update to the latest build. 4.1-010 is the very latest ViX build available.

MR51CUK
31-05-16, 17:50
That's an ancient build. If you want to use Kodi you need to update to the latest build. 4.1-010 is the very latest ViX build available.

How do I go about updating to that?

Bazzer
31-05-16, 18:06
Have a read of this http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/guides-and-tutorials/receiver-usb-flashing-guides/ . And this is the image for your box http://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/Vu+Solo2/openvix-4.1.010.release-vusolo2_usb.zip

Andy_Hazza
31-05-16, 18:06
Easiest way is to couch flash.
Take a backup of your settings > Blue button, ViX, Backup Manager and Green button to save a backup.
Then exit one, Image Manager, Yellow button, then highlight on the latest available image which is 4.1-010 and green button to download. After a few minutes, Red button to close that window, highlight the image you have just downloaded and Blue button to restore and press Yes when prompted.
This will then flash your receiver via ofgwrite tool. This will take a few minutes. The Vu+ Solo2 will then reboot and you will then be at the FIW stage, setup then you will be asked if you would like to restore Settings, say Yes and select the backup image you created earlier to restore your settings.
Simples.