PDA

View Full Version : [Venton Unibox HDx] Problem in using fallback tuner

V12
30-05-16, 21:01
I've a problem in using the fallback tuner in my Unibox-HD2. When the box uses the fallback tuner, it "loses" the B-tuner from the box. The tuner is there, it's set up correctly, but the system can't use it. It's like it's not installed, allthough it is. It usually occures if the recording from the fallback tuner is longer than in normal A or B tuner. After the recording ends, the B tuner can't be used without rebooting the system.

The other system is Unibox-HD3, and I've noticed that I can use only one of it's tuner as a fallback tuner for the other box.

Any good, or any advice?

Rob van der Does
30-05-16, 21:40
1- Can you give the tuner config of both boxes?
2- In the above example: why was the fall back tuner being used?
3- How do you know only one tuner of the server can actually serve as fall back tuner?
4- Not sure what you mean by 'if the recording from the fallback tuner is longer than in normal A or B tuner'?

V12
31-05-16, 20:21
1- Can you give the tuner config of both boxes?
Both boxes have two tuner (C/T), and they are both in cable mode.

2- In the above example: why was the fall back tuner being used?
The fall back tuner was used, because both local tuners were in use, recording.

3- How do you know only one tuner of the server can actually serve as fall back tuner?
I can record, even though both local tuners are in use, and the info screen shows both tuners (A and B) in grey

4- Not sure what you mean by 'if the recording from the fallback tuner is longer than in normal A or B tuner'?
As it's obvious, english is not my native language. Lets's say thet the tuner A is recording from 19:00 to 21:00, the tuner B is recording from 19:30 to 20:45, and the fall back tuner is recording from 20:00 to 21:30. I hope this makes it more clear.

Rob van der Does
31-05-16, 21:00
No worries: English isn't my native tongue either :)

ad 3: I still don't understand how you can see that only one tuner of the server can actually serve as fall back tuner. What you show is that fall back does work; how can you tell which server-tuner is being used? You could, by making a new recording (so tuners A, B & fallback are in use), and zap to a service on a 4th frequency.
But just curiosity from me, all a bit cosmetic, as it actually is about:

ad 4: I get the feeling that this is a driver issue. When we first started with fallback, I ran into the same problem with all my boxes (stopping the use of the server tuner doesn't actually release that tuner). In due course these problems stopped, probably as result of driver updates.

V12
31-05-16, 21:24
No worries: English isn't my native tongue either :)

ad 3: I still don't understand how you can see that only one tuner of the server can actually serve as fall back tuner. What you show is that fall back does work; how can you tell which server-tuner is being used? You could, by making a new recording (so tuners A, B & fallback are in use), and zap to a service on a 4th frequency.
But just curiosity from me, all a bit cosmetic, as it actually is about:
I can make recordings only with three tuners. If I try to make recordings with more, I get zero length recordings.

ad 4: I get the feeling that this is a driver issue. When we first started with fallback, I ran into the same problem with all my boxes (stopping the use of the server tuner doesn't actually release that tuner). In due course these problems stopped, probably as result of driver updates.

The driver issue came also to my mind, or something similar. For some reason it looks, like the using a fall back tuner can't release the other tuner into use.
Does anyone have any ideas, if there is a driver update for the Venton Unibox HDx systems?