PDA

View Full Version : [MB Premium Twin+ Plus] Timeshift settings

scottmcmullan8
28-05-16, 19:48
Hi,

Just a quick question about the timeshift settings in Vix.

When you enable timeshift does it record on a channel until the channel changes or the box is turned off ? Or is there a set limit (e.g. 60/120mins)

Is there anywhere in the settings that you can set this time?

Thanks
Scott

adm
28-05-16, 20:06
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?51900-Timeshift-buffer

scottmcmullan8
29-05-16, 01:11
Yes I seen this thread. And I get that you can skip to previous program etc. But my question is what is the limit? I can't see it saying anywhere about a limit and if there is no limit whst happen when hdd is full. Sorry it may be in the thread somewhere and I have missed it.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
29-05-16, 01:19
There is no limit. Please check the size of your timeshift folder. It is better you see that they are temporary files for yourself rather than someone try to explain it to you.

birdman
29-05-16, 01:54
I can't see it saying anywhere about a limit and if there is no limit whst happen when hdd is full. Sorry it may be in the thread somewhere and I have missed it.
From the first post in the other thread:

What appears to be happening on my box (ET 10K) is that the buffer is reset every time a new program starts.

scottmcmullan8
29-05-16, 02:05
Yeah I read that and then I also read that u can go back to the previous program by using the < key. I'm asking if there is a limit to how much time shift records

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
29-05-16, 02:11
There is no limit.

The files get chopped up when the event changes and a new buffer is started. If you do not save, the segments are discarded.

adm
29-05-16, 20:17
What appears to be happening on my box (ET 10K) is that the buffer is reset every time a new program starts.

That was my observation but I wasn't aware of the < key operation to access more historic information

It now appears that the time-shift could fill the hard disk.

It may be advisable to set a power timer to put the box into standby at least once per day and to mentally allocate at least 24 hours of HD recording as a time-shift buffer, say 50 to 100G - and never have less than this margin left available on the hard disk.