PDA

View Full Version : New box after vu logo Black Screen?

rafter_01
28-05-16, 16:30
Hi,

A bit confused here, bought a new box from world of satellite and switched it on. Shows me the yellow vu solo logo then does nothing just shows me a black screen. Assuming that the image may have issues so I have downloaded a new image loaded the box up and the same issue. What could be wrong?

I can press the remote and nothing happens on the TV but the box flashes.

Your replies will be appreciated!

Ashley69
28-05-16, 17:18
Did you request an image to be flashed when you bought the box?

Check that you have the correct image you are flashing now. It should take no more than a couple of minutes to flash.

http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/vu-plus-images/vu-solo-se/
http://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/Guides%20and%20Tutorials/Flashing%20Guides/How%20to%20flash%20a%20Vu+%20Solo%20SE.pdf

rafter_01
28-05-16, 17:23

Check that you have the correct image you are flashing now. It should take no more than a couple of minutes to flash.

http://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/Guides%20and%20Tutorials/Flashing%20Guides/How%20to%20flash%20a%20Vu+%20Solo%20SE.pdf

i asked for the openvix image

rafter_01
28-05-16, 17:26

installed the latest image from this website and followed the correct procedure.

Ashley69
28-05-16, 17:46
Did your format your USB. Try another USB stick,

rafter_01
28-05-16, 17:55
Did your format your USB. Try another USB stick,

Could it still be the USB stick even though the lights flash on the box correctly when flashing?

Ashley69
28-05-16, 17:57
Yes. What size Usb are you using. If you can use a small GB decent make the better (i.e. sandisk 4 or 8 gb)

rafter_01
28-05-16, 17:59
Yes. What size Usb are you using. If you can use a small GB decent make the better (i.e. sandisk 4 or 8 gb)

the USB stick is formatted. The stick im using is kingston 8gb

Andy_Hazza
28-05-16, 18:02
When the flashing procedure has completed on the Solo SE you then power off n power back on yeah? Also just double check your HDMI lead, and make sure everything is powered off when you do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rafter_01
28-05-16, 18:05
When the flashing procedure has completed on the Solo SE you then power off n power back on yeah? Also just double check your HDMI lead, and make sure everything is powered off when you do this.

When the flashing procedure has completed, i power off the box, take out the stick and power on the box.

Huevos
28-05-16, 18:45
If the box was preflashed by WoS it should boot into the First-Install-Wizard.

If you are getting the same symptoms after flashing it sounds like you haven't flashed at all.

Recheck all your steps again.
Use a 4 GB max, FAT32 formatted stick.
Make sure the zip file corresponds with your box.
Place the contents of the zip file in the root of the USB stick.

rafter_01
28-05-16, 18:48

If you are getting the same symptoms after flashing it sounds like you haven't flashed at all.

I'm going to try a few different memory sticks. When I turn off the box after the flash has completed, is it normal to remove the USB stick before powering the box on?

Andy_Hazza
28-05-16, 19:18
I'm going to try a few different memory sticks. When I turn off the box after the flash has completed, is it normal to remove the USB stick before powering the box on?

Yep thats correct. [emoji1360]

Huevos
28-05-16, 20:02
Leaving the stick in means it will reflash each time you power it up.

rafter_01
28-05-16, 21:14

tried two more different USB sticks. After the flashing light (not dimming) i wait for 5 mins and turn off the box.

Same issue, what is wrong? Really annoying now.

Ashley69
28-05-16, 21:17
Whats the name of the file you are putting on the usb?

rafter_01
28-05-16, 21:21
Whats the name of the file you are putting on the usb?

VUPLUS file. Version of the vix im using is: openvix-4.1.009.release-vusolose_usb

inside VUPLUS\solose, 6 files (4 bin, 1x imageversion, 1x force)

rafter_01
29-05-16, 09:25
Not sure what I do now, is it a box Issue?

Andy_Hazza
29-05-16, 09:26
Have you tried with a scart lead?

Ashley69
29-05-16, 09:33
I agree with Andy. Possible HDMI issue. It could be the lead or connection input. Try another lead or TV.

rafter_01
29-05-16, 09:49
I agree with Andy. Possible HDMI issue. It could be the lead or connection input. Try another lead or TV.

Hi I've got 3-4 hdmi cables going back to the TV neither one work.

Andy_Hazza
29-05-16, 09:50
Try a different TV then to rule your TV out as a problem.

rafter_01
29-05-16, 09:53
Try a different TV then to rule your TV out as a problem.

Will do. Bloody strange. Just say I do try it on another tv and it works, something wrong with my TV?

Andy_Hazza
29-05-16, 09:59
Possible some sort of HDMI handshake issue, maybe. Try a scart lead on your current TV just to eliminate things.

rafter_01
29-05-16, 10:17
Possible some sort of HDMI handshake issue, maybe. Try a scart lead on your current TV just to eliminate things.

Haha, my TV is mounted ton the wall. Only have hdmi cables coming out of the wall. Don't think I'll be able to get a scart coming from the TV.

bellejt
29-05-16, 10:35
do you choose the right HDMI entree on your TV ?

rafter_01
29-05-16, 10:38
do you choose the right HDMI entree on your TV ?

Yes mate, I get the vu logo before black screen

bellejt
29-05-16, 10:46
oke. Is your HDMI resolution on the right 1080i or p ? I had the same here and TV could do only 1080i and box was on 1080p.Then you see the startup vix to but on further booting the screen goes black.

Andy_Hazza
29-05-16, 10:49
He's not getting to the FIW @bellejt. He needs to try on a different TV and/or try a Scart lead to rule out possibilities. Hopefully he will report back when he's done that.

bellejt
29-05-16, 10:57
Hopefully he will sort it out.Andy the thing I discribe is a strange fenomena that I had with one of my TV's.On booting you see the Vix logo spinning and then screen goes black.On my duo 2 you then see the config in VFD display and remarked then that resolution was wrong.On my other TV all was fine.Differance was that one TV was HD and the other HD Ready.

rafter_01
29-05-16, 11:09
oke. Is your HDMI resolution on the right 1080i or p ? I had the same here and TV could do only 1080i and box was on 1080p.Then you see the startup vix to but on further booting the screen goes black.

Okay I will try this.

rafter_01
29-05-16, 11:55
He's not getting to the FIW @bellejt. He needs to try on a different TV and/or try a Scart lead to rule out possibilities. Hopefully he will report back when he's done that.

Okay tried with another tv and same outcome. See the logo then followed by black screen

Sicilian
29-05-16, 12:12
Contact WoS.

rafter_01
29-05-16, 12:19
Contact WoS.

A bit annoyed. Not able to watch anything over bank holiday