PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] Edison osmini twin dvbs2 "unknown" channels

Ford1
27-05-16, 23:33
Just setting up two Edison osmini's and both provide the same issue, I set them up as I have 4 xtrend et8000, however I get some channels listed as "unknown"

When I select epg, and scroll through my bouquets, the movie section only lists channels as "unknown" I also have an issue with rossepg not populating, and wondered if the two are connected?

I have enabled debug logs, but it dosent seem to want to create one for abm?

sorted the crossepg by converting filesystem on usb to ext4.

Also found if I tune to "unknown" channel and then tune off, when I tune back on the name is there? could this all be down to the usb flash drive I have in the rear?
It is a 2gb sandisk

abu baniaz
28-05-16, 00:16
EPG is irrelevant at this stage. Forget the EPG system for now.. Stay away from the EPG button until afterwards.

1. Which bouquet has the unknown channels?
2. There is no separate debug log for ABM.
3. Post a picture showing these unknown channels please.

Ford1
28-05-16, 00:40
The channels seem to have "populated" the correct titles now, after a restart. its a strange one.
I know you have said "epg is irrelevant" but that was where the problem manifested at first.

After doing an initioal abm scan, if I selected 301, instead of saying "sky premier" it said unknown. I cannot provide you with screen shot as the problem has resolved after a restart of the unit. I shakll monitor it and if it appears again I shall post the screen shots.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44783-ABM-support-questions does this post not indicate that abm generates a debug log file?

abu baniaz
28-05-16, 01:16
ABM details are added to/included the system's debug logs. It is not a separate debug log.

abu baniaz
28-05-16, 01:24
When you access the EPG system, you make use of the bouquets system.

Bouquets are kept in RAM and need to be reloaded after a change. Pressing the TV button does this for you. Or if you select a different bouquet

judge
28-05-16, 05:47
Did you restore an old settings?
What build number did you flash?

Ford1
28-05-16, 09:01
the first reciver was a fresh install from 4.09, flashed by the sponser, delivered yesterday, and then setup by me. I then made a backup of the first box, and restored this to the second, so that is probably why the fault has been duplicated.

Ford1
28-05-16, 11:42
ok, just been to the second unit and took some pics, ABM only finds 522 channels, but autobouquets maker e2 finds them all, strange one this.

I understand I am viewing this through the graphical epg, rather than just pressing the TV button, to load the bouquets. im will try the other way the next time the reciver shows the fault.

what are my troubleshooting steps for the lack of channels? as I mentioned ABM only "finds" 522, however ABM -E2 finds all and populates correctly?

judge
28-05-16, 12:30
Do a fresh flash with no settings restores.
Seems to be a mismatch with some files, maybe lamedb.

abu baniaz
28-05-16, 13:01
522 sounds about right. Depends on settings being used.

ABM finds slightly more user channels than AB 28.2 (Ireland channels). ABM has been geared to be "Purist" out of the box.

AB 28.2 will include the data channels too by default. Pending upgrade, help with remote etc. AB 28.2 is geared to work with obtaining as much as possible with user having to change as little as possible.

Unless we know the settings being used, can't really look into anything.

Ford1
28-05-16, 13:59
See attached screen shots....

abu baniaz
28-05-16, 14:16
Include "not indexed" channels should be enabled if you want out of region channels such as Setanta/Premier sports.
I prefer adding the Provider Prefix. People complain about bouquets being wrong when they are looking at a different one.

Your screenshots are not very clear for some odd reason. Please consider attaching the debug log.

Ford1
28-05-16, 14:30
two logs attached, don't know if these will help. I will try and get the logs from the other reciver next time im round my parents.

abu baniaz
28-05-16, 14:52
This is the ABM configuration in your system

[ABM-config] level: expert
[ABM-config] providers: sat_282_sky_uk:sdcustom_granada:132:
[ABM-config] keepbouquets: All
[ABM-config] hidesections: sat_282_sky_uk:580|sat_282_sky_uk:650|sat_282_sky_ uk:700|sat_282_sky_uk:780|sat_282_sky_uk:861|sat_2 82_sky_uk:881|sat_282_sky_uk:950|sat_282_sky_uk:99 8|sat_282_sky_uk:1020
[ABM-config] add provider prefix: False
[ABM-config] show in extensions menu: False
[ABM-config] placement: top
[ABM-config] skip services on non-configured satellites: True
[ABM-config] show non-indexed: False
[ABM-config] schedule: True
[ABM-config] schedule time: [4, 10]
[ABM-config] schedule repeat: daily

Just to repeat what I said earlier, enable the not indexed channels.

I have run ABM using your configs, I cannot recreate the unknown channel phenomenon.

You may wish to delete all the channel data and run ABM again. The command do so is:

init 4 && sleep 10 && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/lamedb && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.tv && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.radio && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.del && init 3

Ford1
28-05-16, 14:55
thankyou, I shall give it a go and get back to you

Ford1
31-05-16, 20:39
Just an update, the first osmin, that has no issues with the channel list/bouquets anymore, however ABM fails to scan when both tuners are enabled. when I disable tuner b, it will force a channel change, then download the channel list perfectly, I have attached a pic of my tuner configuration.

The dish is a standard skyuk dish, fitted with a standard sky 8 port lnb. connected to this is a Edison osmini (2 feeds), a xtrend et8000 (2 feeds) and a openbox v8s (single feed)

I have not noticed any faults on the xtrend, ( and we wont talk about the shitty openbox :p ) .

Should both tuners on the osmini, not be the same (ie broardcom)??

Huevos
01-06-16, 09:07
Sounds like there is a fault with the second feed.

Ford1
08-06-16, 19:14
Back again, Still having issues with the osmini and ABM cannot read data.

If I have both tuners setup, simple, 28.2 slyuk = ABM wont update
If I disable tuner A, ABM works fine
If I disable tuner B, ABM works fine

I have even swapped cables between A & B, but when both tuners are enabled ABM wont work. Only by disabling one tuner, then running a manual ABM scan will it work. I haven't tried running an automatic scan with only one tuner setup but I will do that tonight.