PDA

View Full Version : Ford1's skin modification thread

Ford1
04-05-16, 21:25
Great mod, working fine on 3 xtrend et8000's

one complaint, the text is a different "font" and as such, my parents are having difficultry reading it, I have tried to alter the no. of rows, and font size, but they would prefer the old font with the new setup, is there any way to revert the "font" to the original?

bbbuk
08-05-16, 18:34
If the font thing is determined by skin I can easily sort that. If it's determined by python code I will try and determine which is the offending code and change it so it matches current original code

Ford1
08-05-16, 18:58
thanks, any way to learn how to do this sort of stuff myself, I love learning something new!

twol
15-05-16, 10:04
If the font thing is determined by skin I can easily sort that. If it's determined by python code I will try and determine which is the offending code and change it so it matches current original code
The only thing I have noticed is that in epglist.py, 2 lines of code go where the namefont is reset ... haven,t followed through to see what impact this has but sticking to the OpenViX code hasn,t caused any obvious issues :)

Ford1
15-05-16, 12:07
The only thing I have noticed is that in epglist.py, 2 lines of code go where the namefont is reset ... haven,t followed through to see what impact this has but sticking to the OpenViX code hasn,t caused any obvious issues :)

Can you point in the correct direction for modifying the file that deals with the font, and have you altered this back to the vix / blueHD default?

twol
15-05-16, 13:01
Can you point in the correct direction for modifying the file that deals with the font, and have you altered this back to the vix / blueHD default?

If i have time (we have another saintly holiday :) ) I will have a look at the code to see if this does any thing that might cause a font issue. If it does what I think it might ( :) ) it woudn,t cause your font issue, as it would keep the existing font with the mod.

Ford1
18-05-16, 20:56
If i have time (we have another saintly holiday :) ) I will have a look at the code to see if this does any thing that might cause a font issue. If it does what I think it might ( :) ) it woudn,t cause your font issue, as it would keep the existing font with the mod.

Hi twol, did you get anywhere with the font issue, I am very "green" when it comes to Linux, and skin's, I have looked in

"/usr/share/enigma2/Blue-HD/fonts" and found 3 possible fonts, skyfinalbold.ttf, skyfinalmedium.ttf, and skyfinalregular.ttf
I have looked in files epglist.py using notepad++ but cannot find the place where font is decided, and don't want to edit anything that may break the skin.

This is the start of a learning curve and something id like to get more information about.

any help greatly appreciated.

twol
18-05-16, 21:14
What I looked at couldn,t have caused your issue.

Ford1
18-05-16, 22:12
Ok, do you know of a way to edit the skin to change the font used? what file would it be in, as it only affects the epg mod, and how may I go about altering it

twol
19-05-16, 06:48
Ok, do you know of a way to edit the skin to change the font used? what file would it be in, as it only affects the epg mod, and how may I go about altering it

Can you confirm which which skin you are using, and graphical or text mode for the epg?
The skin mods only add display of channel number, channel name and in some cases I think bouquet name, so don,t change the fonts in use.

Ford1
19-05-16, 07:58
Thanks, im on openvix .037 running blue_hd, and I have the graphical epg, with service name picon and channel number displayed. im sure the MOD has changed the font of the epg, it seems to now be in bold rather than regular?

bbbuk
19-05-16, 19:35
@Ford1, here is the latest blue-hd skin but modded with just the two lines of code needed. Can you see if this solves your bold issue?

Extract the .xml file from the archive and FTP it to:

/usr/share/enigma2/Blue-HD/ and over-write the existing file. You will need to restart box.

@Twol, I vaguely remember GEPG being bit more bold after installing this mod for blue-hd (nothing seems to change for the skin I use).

Ford1
19-05-16, 22:06
Ill give this ago at the weekend when I update to latest vix version.

as I said, its not a "problem" it just looks different, and is a little harder for my parents and their "older" eyesight

twol
19-05-16, 22:10
@Ford1, here is the latest blue-hd skin but modded with just the two lines of code needed. Can you see if this solves your bold issue?

Extract the .xml file from the archive and FTP it to:

/usr/share/enigma2/Blue-HD/ and over-write the existing file. You will need to restart box.

@Twol, I vaguely remember GEPG being bit more bold after installing this mod for blue-hd (nothing seems to change for the skin I use).

I had another look this afternoon, but could not (with my limited python knowledge) see why the modded skin xml would cause an overall font change. However, epglist.py has code that might .....but I have to say its not something I have noticed with the 1080 skins.

Ford1
26-05-16, 18:12
great, I still hadn't got round to checking it, guess that's tonights project before the Edison os mini arrives tomorrow!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ford1
26-05-16, 18:21
well that didn't take long ;)

can you tell me what lines you changed to revert back to "skyreg" instead of "skybold" please

bbbuk
27-05-16, 21:38
@Ford1, if you're referring to the blue-hd .xml file, all I did was retrieve the latest official .xml file and add the two lines that need adding so it can work with this plugin.

Ford1
27-05-16, 22:09
@bbbuk ok then, what two lines? and how did you work out/learn how to do this, im really interested but don't know where to start looking for help in learning to code like this.

abu baniaz
27-05-16, 22:20
I have moved posts from this thread http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?51524-OpenVix-Custom-EPG-v1-beta
into their own thread. If any are missing please say so.