PDA

View Full Version : Miracle Box Premium Twin+ 3 tuner - loopthrough or not?

danlou
25-05-16, 21:14
hi

I have just purchased (from WoS) the MB Twin+ 3 tuner for cable.
There will be only one cable feed so i have purchased a splitter and 3 separate cable leads.
The plan is to have the 3 cables from the splitter straight into each individual tuner port.
Is this right way or is better to go via loopthrough?
What are the pros and cons of each method.

Also having had a previous discussion on another thread about swapfile , does this need creating on the internal HDD?

I'm looking forward to setting up this box so any tips will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Andy_Hazza
25-05-16, 21:34
No No Noooooo. A swap file is not needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danlou
25-05-16, 21:39
No No Noooooo. A swap file is not needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reassurance, just keeping you on your toes ;)

What about the tuner/cable configuration, in terms of to loopthrough or not to loopthrough?

Rob van der Does
25-05-16, 21:40
It should make no difference; using loopthrough is an internal splitter that should be just as good as an external one (but gives you less cables behind the box).

danlou
25-05-16, 21:51
It should make no difference; using loopthrough is an internal splitter that should be just as good as an external one (but gives you less cables behind the box).

ok, thanks . I was reading the Openvix manual (as one does...) and it mentioned in section 1.3 about loopthrough restrictions but this is applicable to satellite tuners and this particular box has 3 built-in cable tuners so not an issue...

Rob van der Does
26-05-16, 04:29
Indeed: for DVB-C&T there are no loopthrough restrictions.

BTW: every splitter (internal or external) will give around 3dB signal loss, but that's about signal strength. It will not influence signal quality, and that's what matters.