PDA

View Full Version : does the disqec tester pluggin work??

beezo
02-01-11, 23:15
hi guys,

ive downloaded the disqec tester pluggin from the pluggin menu as im having problems with my snr yo yoing on certain channels but not other. when i check my signal level, it is saying its 96% but i think this i because i have 3 lnbs and they are all connected through a disqec, so i think im getting a false reading.

i would like to test each lnb one by one to see what the signal levels are like??

ive used the disqec tester but it just kinda does its thing and then tell me 136 not tested!!

any ideas

Der_Andy_C
04-01-11, 09:39
You could always try bypassing the diseqc switch, and test each LNB directly from the vu+.

Just remember to turn the Vu+ off (not just in standby) before connecting and disconnecting the coax cable as otherwise you might get a shock!

silverfox0786
04-01-11, 09:44
You could always try bypassing the diseqc switch, and test each LNB directly from the vu+.

Just remember to turn the Vu+ off (not just in standby) before connecting and disconnecting the coax cable as otherwise you might get a shock!

not just a shock mate you can risk burning out the lnb or the tunner and beleive me i have done it to a £400 receiver the day i brought it in the past

rob76
04-01-11, 11:35
ive used the disqec tester but it just kinda does its thing and then tell me 136 not tested!!

any ideas
doesn't work for me either

Hakon
04-01-11, 18:22
hi guys,

ive downloaded the disqec tester pluggin from the pluggin menu as im having problems with my snr yo yoing on certain channels but not other. when i check my signal level, it is saying its 96% but i think this i because i have 3 lnbs and they are all connected through a disqec, so i think im getting a false reading.

i would like to test each lnb one by one to see what the signal levels are like??

any ideas

How is your tuner setup done ? Just connected Tuner A ? Nothing to Tuner B ? If nothing to tuner B have you set this one to loopthrough ?