PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Turbo Tuner Problem

gedclarke
24-05-16, 19:01
Hello I have recently bought a vu turbo tuner. However the box sticks whenever i change channel for the second time from built in tuner channel to usb channel. For example I turn the box on and watch a sat channel on the built in tuner, I can then turn to a cable channel and back to a sat channel, but as soon as I try to select a cable channel for the second time the box hangs until i do a hard reset. I have tried a reflash etc but to no avail any help please? Thanks in advance as always.

gedclarke
24-05-16, 20:15
Bit more information. I can change cable channel as many times as I want once i am watching cable however as soon as i try to select a sat channel for the second time (whilst watching a cable channel) the box freezes and I require a hard reset.

Therefore - Sat tuner a or b (I can select another sat channel as many times I like) - Cable usb tuner (select another cable channel as many times as i like) - Sat tuner a or b (again watch as many sat channels as I like) - Cable, spinning logo and box freezes and requires hard reset.

This happens from both epg and zap history, also timeshift is disabled

One more question, will the box still produce a useful log (for me to upload) if I do a a hard reset?

Cheers again.

judge
24-05-16, 22:55
One more question, will the box still produce a useful log (for me to upload) if I do a a hard reset?

Yes, if you have debug logs enabled.
It will be the log created prior to you shutting it down, so probably the second last debug log created. (A new one will be created on reboot)

gedclarke
24-05-16, 23:21
Yes, if you have debug logs enabled.
It will be the log created prior to you shutting it down, so probably the second last debug log created. (A new one will be created on reboot)

Shall upload via vix image or would you prefer if I upload via this post? Thanks again

abu baniaz
24-05-16, 23:21
Attaching to post is better

gedclarke
24-05-16, 23:22
Ok I'll sort asap

gedclarke
24-05-16, 23:34
Ok just replicated again and here is the log. Let me know if you need anything else and as always thanks in advance :thumbsup:

judge
24-05-16, 23:36
Does the same happen with time shift disabled?

gedclarke
24-05-16, 23:37
Yes timeshift is disabled (I never use it).

gedclarke
24-05-16, 23:40
I have read a previous post/thread where someone says to set timeshift to 10 seconds. Tried that and same result.

gedclarke
25-05-16, 22:41
Just a quick question, what happens now the bug has been reported and a log uploaded? Cheers Ged

gedclarke
27-05-16, 23:36
Hello does anyone know whether or not this will be fixed in future builds, or should I start trying alternative images? I would expect this to work with vix seeing as the forum sponsors sell them. Cheers ged

abu baniaz
28-05-16, 00:25
When you upload the logs, people read them and if they can see what is wrong they offer a suggestion. I cannot see anything obvious wrong, I'm only a moderator, not coder.

If you try another image and it works, please say so and we can try and add whatever is required to make it work. This is not always possible.

DaMacFunkin
28-05-16, 06:23
Have you tried enabling a swap file? It can solve all manner of problems on a duo.

gedclarke
29-05-16, 00:37
Have you tried enabling a swap file? It can solve all manner of problems on a duo.

Yes I have a swap file enabled. I've been using vix for a couple of years now with no problems, very happy with my set up and only ever reflashed when the box became a bit sluggish. Getting bored so thought I would give cable a go with vu turbo tuner as I thought this would have the least problems as it is made by the same manufacturer hence no compatibility issues (sadly not).
Does anyone know are there any problems with swapping between sat and cable with built-in tuners? I am hoping to buy a vu duo2 with 2 sat & 1 dvb-c tuners built in towards the end of the year but would like to know all is working before I step in.
In the meantime i will keep uploading my logs whenever it crashes in the hope one of the vix coders takes a look and can sort in the next build. Thanks for any replies in advance.

gedclarke
30-05-16, 13:26
Just updated to Openvix 4.1.010 and same fault still happening, very frustrating. Think this tuner would be an excellent addition if this could possibly be sorted.

gedclarke
30-05-16, 13:28
Quick question has anyone got the turbo tuner working stable on any other build/version of vix? If yes could you let me know which so I can give it a whirl...cheers in advance.

gedclarke
30-05-16, 20:17
Just tested with latest blackhole image and working perfect

micscave
06-06-16, 15:31
I'm having the exact same problem as gedclarke. Mine is installed on a Vu+ Ultimo with 4 sat tuners and the Turbo is tuner E on my set up.

As already outlined by gedclarke, you can change cannels as many times on sat or on cable but as soon as you change back from sat to cable, the box locks up and needs a reboot.
A real shame as it all installed without fault but not really practical if it freezes the box all the time and certainly not practical if your doing timer recordings on sat and cable.

I've not tried Blackhole but gedclarke has and it works ok, is there a chance of a fix in VIX for this issue?

Regards
micscave

micscave
06-06-16, 18:23
Update.
Anyone having the same problem as this and running 2 different cams at the same time, one for sat and one for cable.
This seems to be the problem. I was running CCcam on sat side and Oscam on cable side. I've now put everything in Oscam and I can switch between both sides with no problems.

Not a waste of money after all I pleased to say.

gedclarke
11-06-16, 00:18
Problem solved thanks to micscave, use Oscam instead of Cccam and I can switch between sat and cable as often as I like with no freezing (double bonus keep using vix & my vu usb tuner), thanks again micscave :).

micscave
11-06-16, 09:24
No problem mate, I'm glad we're both sorted.

waqypaqy
12-08-16, 15:01
Thanks to the pair of you, i've got this issue resolved too.

Had cccam 2.30 on OpenATV which was locking up when switching back from satellite to cable.

Downloaded oscam and that seems to work perfectly without any freezing!! :D

cactikid
12-08-16, 18:03
always best to use 1 cam only ,well done mic.:thumbsup: