PDA

View Full Version : Unicable setup - help / advice needed

chumley
24-05-16, 11:51
I am going to install a unicable setup as I have just moved and have no dish at the moment so I can start from scratch.

Currently have a VU+Duo2 with 4 tuners

Thinking of getting:

Unicable Quad 40mm LNB, 2 Legacy (1 splitter*) (IDLB-QUDL42-UNI2L-1PP)

Also thinking of standard Sky dish will i need an adapter to make it fit?

and finally does anybody know if this splitter will work for unicable:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/4-way-splitter-with-powerpass-all-ports/69265

Huevos
24-05-16, 14:08
If you are just going to use a 4 channel LNB what is the point?

chumley
24-05-16, 15:36
Single cable down the side of my house really - 4 cables looks horrible plus in the future when I get a FBC box, I can just keep the cable and change the LNB :)

Rob van der Does
24-05-16, 17:06
I have very bad experiences with the VU dual tuners and a Unicable LNB.

twol
24-05-16, 17:22
I have very bad experiences with the VU dual tuners and a Unicable LNB.

Rob a serious question! Are there any receivers that work out of the box with Unicable, without any additional work?
Just seems that Unicable seems to need a lot of time, effort and drivers to get it to work and I haven,t seen a benefit apart from cables.

Rob van der Does
24-05-16, 17:36
Unicable should work just fine (and 'out of the box'). And it is very easy to setup. It works just fine for me for all my boxes EXCEPT for VU DUAL tuner boards.
But remember: I'm just talking about one Unicable LNB, not about Unicable switches or Unicable II (Jess). So no idea if that makes any difference.

twol
24-05-16, 18:37
Unicable should work just fine (and 'out of the box'). And it is very easy to setup. It works just fine for me for all my boxes EXCEPT for VU DUAL tuner boards.
But remember: I'm just talking about one Unicable LNB, not about Unicable switches or Unicable II (Jess). So no idea if that makes any difference.
Again bcause I am totally ignorant on this subject, I thought Jess was Unicable?

Andy_Hazza
24-05-16, 18:45
Again bcause I am totally ignorant on this subject, I thought Jess was Unicable?

JESS is Unicable II @twol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chumley
24-05-16, 21:52
Ok - I didn't realise there were issues - what kinds of problems do the VU+ tuners experience?

Rob van der Does
25-05-16, 03:48
They won't switch normally from an occupied tuner (e.g. because a recording is going on) to a free tuner.
But as I said: this only applies to the dual-tuneboards.

'Jess' is just a brand name of a Unicable II manufacturer.