PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD+ PLUS] AutoTimer Recordings sometimes don't record

djwoody
24-05-16, 09:01
Hi.
I am running Openvix with the BlueHD skin on my Gigablue Quad+ Plus HD.

I have set Autotimer recordings for Coronation Street for each night of the week (for my missus of course).

It recorded on Sunday but did not record on Monday, even though there was an Autotimer to record 'anytime' on Monday.
Looking at the EPG, it shows it is going to record tonight (Tuesday) but when I skip forward a day it doesn't have a record and 'series link' symbol next to Wednesday's episode.

Seems quite strange, didn't know if this was a possible bug or am I doing something wrong.

My missus now hates me and the box! So need to get this sorted. haha.

Chris

ccs
24-05-16, 09:17
Have you set up 7 separate autotimers for each day of the week?

You just need one, set to record everyday.

djwoody
24-05-16, 10:00
Have you set up 7 separate autotimers for each day of the week?

You just need one, set to record everyday.

At the moment, yes it is 7 seperate timers.
I shall try just the one, like you said and report back.

Is it best to select 'Exact match' or 'Partial match'?
Also, 'any time' or a set time, eg 20:00 - 22:00?
I assume it wouldn't make much difference.

Andy_Hazza
24-05-16, 10:21
Delete the timers then try this;
Press down so you are now in your bouquets, then blue button to go back one, go into entertainment, then highlight 103 (ITV HD) and now press your EPG button, this gives you a full 7 days listing on this channel. Find the first Coronation Street (I presume it will be Wednesday) then press the blue button (AutoTimers) now scroll down to where it says something like "Only record on weekday Wednesday", Just press the OK button to un tick this option, now press the green button and then the green button again. This will record every instance of Coronation Street that will be available during the week and automatically updates for you week on week on week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djwoody
24-05-16, 10:38
Press down so you are now in your bouquets, then blue button to go back one, go into entertainment, then highlight 103 (ITV HD) and now press your EPG button, this gives you a full 7 days listing on this channel. Find the first Coronation Street (I presume it will be Wednesday) then press the blue button (AutoTimers) now scroll down to where it says something like "Only record on weekday Wednesday", Just press the OK button to un tick this option, now press the green button and then the green button again. This will record every instance of Coronation Street that will be available during the week and automatically updates for you week on week on week.

Great, I'll also try this when I get home tonight.

psykix
24-05-16, 13:12

I've noticed that ITV have started to put New before some programmes. i.e. New: Britain's Got Talent, so I am having to change my autotimers to partial match instead of exact match.

PITA!

Wish someone had the know how to implement the proper series link because that relies on the series ID broadcast in the stream, rather than names or description - I tried to get the source code from DJBlu but apparently he had a HDD crash and lost it.......

sarntech
13-09-16, 19:01

I've tried this and it comes up with a message that no others have been found :confused:

sarntech
13-09-16, 19:34
I've tried this and it comes up with a message that no others have been found :confused:
I think I may have solved it. I went into Webif on my computer and there were numerous auto timer listings ( of Escape to the country), presumably because I've tried to set this up many times. They hadn't appeared on the TV. Anyway, I deleted them all, went back to the TV and tried again. It seems to have worked this time :smiley_yup:

birdman
14-09-16, 00:41
I think I may have solved it. I went into Webif on my computer and there were numerous auto timer listings ( of Escape to the country), presumably because I've tried to set this up many times.Did you set these up using WebIF?
I've noticed that AutoTimers set from WebIF don't show up on the TV GUI until enigma2 is restarted (not sure whether they get used in the AT scan until then - I suspect not). It's on my list of things to look at (currently bottom of it). I did have a quick look but couldn't see any obvious problem in the code.

sarntech
14-09-16, 04:58
Did you set these up using WebIF?
I've noticed that AutoTimers set from WebIF don't show up on the TV GUI until enigma2 is restarted (not sure whether they get used in the AT scan until then - I suspect not). It's on my list of things to look at (currently bottom of it). I did have a quick look but couldn't see any obvious problem in the code.
No I didn't set the Autotimers from Webif. I tried to set it up from the TV numerous times. Each time it was messaging that no others could be found. No Autotimers showed on the TV GUI.
I didn't realise until yesterday that Autotimers appear on WebIf (I'm a complete novice :( ) but clearing the from there seemed to solve the problem.

I'm using Xtrend 8500 with Vix and ABM (don't know if that's relevant).

Valiant
14-09-16, 05:31
I've noticed that AutoTimers set from WebIF don't show up on the TV GUI until enigma2 is restarted (not sure whether they get used in the AT scan until then - I suspect not).

FYI I have not noticed the problem. I regularly create ATs in OpenWebif and they appear on the box when saved and the individual timers appear soon afterwards, without any restart. I usually create ATs with partial match, sometimes description match, and always with my Favourites (TV) bouquet. Configuration as per my signature.