PDA

View Full Version : Harmony 650 remote issue

Willmoore
24-05-16, 08:26
I have a very simle set up at present using a Harmony 650. One activity - TV/Soundbar/VU Solo2. When switching off using the AllOff button, quite often the VU will remain on. I then have to go through the Help to get it to switch off.
If I do not notice it has remained on, the next time I press Watch TV the TV and Soundbar comes on and the VU switches off. I then have to use the Help button again.
I have cleared and reprogrammed a number of times but the problem persists. Any suggestions ?

ccs
24-05-16, 09:09
If you use power toggle to switch the VU on and off, then if alloff misses the VU, the next watch tv will simply power toggle the VU off.

I always set all devices to be permanently switched on, and then power them on/off using the remote/VIX, not via a change of activity.

Is power toggle reliable if you use devices/VU/toggle on the harmony? It might be worth relearning that command.

Rob van der Does
24-05-16, 09:36
Power-toggle is indeed a pita, but that's how it is.
Are you using HDMI-CEC? If so, please disable it on all devices.

A second try might be to set the soundbar to 'auto power on/off', and program the device in the Harmony as 'always on'.

Willmoore
24-05-16, 12:58
Power-toggle is indeed a pita, but that's how it is.
Are you using HDMI-CEC? If so, please disable it on all devices.

A second try might be to set the soundbar to 'auto power on/off', and program the device in the Harmony as 'always on'.
Why do you suggest changing the soundbar settings ? this works correctly - it always seems to be the VU that doesn't switch on/off

Rob van der Does
24-05-16, 15:07
I had a similar issue with my LG soundbar; this fixed it (while the soundbar goes neatly auto on/off).
And one has to try something.