PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Duo2 Vers: 4.1.09 Crashed Spining Vix top left

chuf
23-05-16, 17:27
Me Again...................:confused:

System just crashed out of the blue no warning can telnet/ftp to box but no control over the unit itself via remote or web gui.

Crash log attached.

Chuf :thumbsup:

chuf
23-05-16, 17:57
I also have another log in there about the same time which is showing as 780meg!

Any ideas?

chuf

birdman
23-05-16, 18:48
<285788.107> [eventData] EPG Cache is corrupt (eventData::~eventData), you should restart Enigma!
Probably best to clear it too, then restart (again).

chuf
23-05-16, 19:03
Epg deleted logs deleted, restarted box re-loaded epg............

Any ideas why this happens? its set to auto download every night at 1am........:confused:

Andy_Hazza
23-05-16, 20:01
You saving EPG to your HDD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chuf
23-05-16, 22:55
You saving EPG to your HDD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure am................:D

birdman
24-05-16, 01:17
Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza http://www.world-of-satellite.com/images/BlueSteel/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?p=403839#post403839) You saving EPG to your HDD?
Sure am................:DMight be an issue?
Not exactly sure of the timing issues here, but on a shutdown enigma2 will be sent a signal to shutdown as init leaves state 3. The system will then (without waiting, I think) to shutdown other processes by running the K* scripts in /etc/rc0.d, then run the S* scripts, where S20sendsigs will send a TERM to everything else then, after 10s, send a KILL signal to terminate everything.
There could be a problem with enigma2 having to spin up your hard-drive to write out the EPG data (it only reads it at startup and write it at shutdown). It could be possible that it gets KILLed in the middle of doing that re-write, which could result in the corrupt cache.

chuf
24-05-16, 07:36
Might be an issue?
Not exactly sure of the timing issues here, but on a shutdown enigma2 will be sent a signal to shutdown as init leaves state 3. The system will then (without waiting, I think) to shutdown other processes by running the K* scripts in /etc/rc0.d, then run the S* scripts, where S20sendsigs will send a TERM to everything else then, after 10s, send a KILL signal to terminate everything.
There could be a problem with enigma2 having to spin up your hard-drive to write out the EPG data (it only reads it at startup and write it at shutdown). It could be possible that it gets KILLed in the middle of doing that re-write, which could result in the corrupt cache.

I can see what you are saying, :thumbsup: But why did this happen at 5:30pm many hours after the epg update.......:confused: all working fine before.......

Tnks

Chuf

abu baniaz
24-05-16, 10:21
how did you delete the epg data?

birdman
24-05-16, 10:29
I can see what you are saying, :thumbsup: But why did this happen at 5:30pm many hours after the epg update.......:confused: all working fine before.......It will depend on when it gets round to using a part that is corrupt, and how corrupt it is.
There was an "EPG Cache is corrupt" entry in the log over an hour before the actual crash.

<281525.982> [eventData] EPG Cache is corrupt (eventData::~eventData), you should restart Enigma!

chuf
24-05-16, 11:28
how did you delete the epg data?

Hi

Deleted it through the menu on the vu+ box after I rebooted it, then did another restart and reloaded the epg again.