PDA

View Full Version : How many of you use this box?

scottmcmullan8
23-05-16, 13:01
Hi folks,

How many of you are using the MB premium twin +plus? I see it has been for sale on WOS since feb but there isn't much discussions about it just wondering why more people haven't picked this up at around 200 quid it seems like well spec'd box.

Sicilian
23-05-16, 18:29
I use as my main test box all the time, fast box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easkey
23-05-16, 20:00
I use Miraclebox Premium Ultra with Open Vix.
Its a great box.......
VERY HAPPY!!!!!!

scottmcmullan8
23-05-16, 21:04
In comparison to a gigablue quad plus... Who wins? What do you have as your main box sicilian

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
23-05-16, 21:09
I would imagine the mb premium+ wins hands down.

birdman
23-05-16, 21:21
I use as my main test box all the time, fast box.Curiosity. Does it have a symbol_circle entry under /proc/stb/lcd/?

Sicilian
23-05-16, 21:24
In comparison to a gigablue quad plus... Who wins? What do you have as your main box sicilian

Both are good imo, speed wise I'd say twin+ is faster. My main tv box always changes :)

Sicilian
23-05-16, 21:25
Curiosity. Does it have a symbol_circle entry under /proc/stb/lcd/?

Will need to check.

scottmcmullan8
23-05-16, 21:26
I would imagine the mb premium+ wins hands down.

In what way? Processor/speed wise? Hard to find any info on the mb premium + from people who actually are using it so any info you have on it I'll take . Looks good tho have to say

scottmcmullan8
23-05-16, 21:28
Both are good imo, speed wise I'd say twin+ is faster. My main tv box always changes :)
:) faster is good. I had a solo2 for a while and sold it to a friend. I liked it and it was fast but i thought might be better going for something a little newer.

scottmcmullan8
24-05-16, 13:25
Ordered the MB Premium Twin +

I will let you know how I get on and how the box compares to others I have used as there isn't a great deal of info on it at present.

Thanks for all the help. :thumbsup:

imish
24-05-16, 21:51
Ordered the MB Premium Twin +

I will let you know how I get on and how the box compares to others I have used as there isn't a great deal of info on it at present.

Thanks for all the help. :thumbsup:

keep us posted. I am interested in buying one too.

what tuners did you go for?

scottmcmullan8
24-05-16, 22:41
keep us posted. I am interested in buying one too.

what tuners did you go for?
I will mate I'll come back to you with some info. I went for a Twin sat for now. That's all that's currently offered in my area at present. But wanted the option to upgrade the tuner incase other services become available or I move [emoji6]

imish
01-06-16, 13:45
How are you getting on?

scottmcmullan8
01-06-16, 15:13
How are you getting on?

OK so here is some feedback.

Positives:

Fast box / boot time on Vix around 60 seconds from cold and 25-30 seconds from restart of GUI
Zapping is instant on channel change
It look's awesome - the front display impressed me and it's just a basic VFD display but for some reason I think it looks very slick and easy readable something that I never cared about before on a sat box but really is useful when you can actually read it.
Build quality also impressed me - looks and feels well built and expensive. No issues with hardware (of the actual box).
Picture quality is perfect - better than my last box I have noticed a big difference.

Negatives:

The remote control - don't get me wrong I am not knocking the design of the remote. In fact the design of the remote is probably the favourite of any remote I'v used (I have used technomate nano 3t and vu+solo2). All the buttons are in the right places and you know when you have pressed it, they are not too soft (spongey). However the issue I have is if you press the same key more than once in quick succession it won't register the second press. Here's an example: you are in the EPG menu and you want to go up two channels, so you quickly press UP UP - it won't register the second UP press and you will have to press again. This can become frustrating when navigating plugins or the EPG. I have learnt to press and hold for scrolling and it does help however having to alter the way you use a box to get it to work properly isn't ideal. I have tried amending the settings in the image but it doesn't make a difference. I have contacted miracle box and so have the guys at WOS so hopefully they can do some sort of driver update (not holding my breath) or you can get a universal remote if it really is a bug bearer.

Only other thing I would say is in the graphical EPG it maybe takes a millisecond longer to change pages than the nano 3t and the solo2 - but not noticeable at all. You have to try really hard to even notice it.

Verdict:

Even with this remote issue at present this box is amazing. With the speed and the ability to add and remove tuners it is future proof whilst also looking the business. I give it a thumbs up :thumbsup:

If you have any questions I will be happy to answer. :cool:

imish
01-06-16, 16:20
Agree with regards to the remote -takes a while to get used to - the VU remote is far superior.

Can you confirm that the box is fanless?

scottmcmullan8
02-06-16, 08:14
Agree with regards to the remote -takes a while to get used to - the VU remote is far superior.

Can you confirm that the box is fanless?

I'm not overly fussed on the VU remote to be honest either. It is quite spongey and is basically the same layout as any other remote. The thing is that it works! So plus points for it.

I never noticed a fan when installing the HDD and I certainly can't hear a fan.

dfox
24-08-16, 09:54
OK so here is some feedback.

Positives:

Fast box / boot time on Vix around 60 seconds from cold and 25-30 seconds from restart of GUI
Zapping is instant on channel change
It look's awesome - the front display impressed me and it's just a basic VFD display but for some reason I think it looks very slick and easy readable something that I never cared about before on a sat box but really is useful when you can actually read it.
Build quality also impressed me - looks and feels well built and expensive. No issues with hardware (of the actual box).
Picture quality is perfect - better than my last box I have noticed a big difference.

Negatives:

The remote control - don't get me wrong I am not knocking the design of the remote. In fact the design of the remote is probably the favourite of any remote I'v used (I have used technomate nano 3t and vu+solo2). All the buttons are in the right places and you know when you have pressed it, they are not too soft (spongey). However the issue I have is if you press the same key more than once in quick succession it won't register the second press. Here's an example: you are in the EPG menu and you want to go up two channels, so you quickly press UP UP - it won't register the second UP press and you will have to press again. This can become frustrating when navigating plugins or the EPG. I have learnt to press and hold for scrolling and it does help however having to alter the way you use a box to get it to work properly isn't ideal. I have tried amending the settings in the image but it doesn't make a difference. I have contacted miracle box and so have the guys at WOS so hopefully they can do some sort of driver update (not holding my breath) or you can get a universal remote if it really is a bug bearer.

Only other thing I would say is in the graphical EPG it maybe takes a millisecond longer to change pages than the nano 3t and the solo2 - but not noticeable at all. You have to try really hard to even notice it.

Verdict:

Even with this remote issue at present this box is amazing. With the speed and the ability to add and remove tuners it is future proof whilst also looking the business. I give it a thumbs up :thumbsup:

If you have any questions I will be happy to answer. :cool:

Did anything ever happen to fix the remote issue?

imish
25-08-16, 06:47
Agree with the remote comments - having moved from a VU to a Miracle box over a year ago took us a wee while to get used to the miracle remote.

dfox
25-08-16, 07:08
Agree with the remote comments - having moved from a VU to a Miracle box over a year ago took us a wee while to get used to the miracle remote.

Just about to order a MB Premium twin+. How do you rate this box?

imish
25-08-16, 07:44
Just about to order a MB Premium twin+. How do you rate this box?

We have an Ultra which is fantastic.

I checked out the specs of a premium a few months back - looks impressive - unlike the Ultra this one does NOT have a hardware transcoder.

dfox
25-08-16, 07:51
We have an Ultra which is fantastic.

I checked out the specs of a premium a few months back - looks impressive - unlike the Ultra this one does NOT have a hardware transcoder.

That's ok, was looking at the xtrend et8500 as similar spec but I just think its an ugly looking receiver. don't like the shape.

Sicilian
25-08-16, 08:08
That's ok, was looking at the xtrend et8500 as similar spec but I just think its an ugly looking receiver. don't like the shape.

Looks nicer in the flesh, imo pics dont do it justice. It's actually nice and compact.

dfox
25-08-16, 08:12
Looks nicer in the flesh, imo pics dont do it justice. It's actually nice and compact.

Food for thought then before I order. :)

Sicilian
25-08-16, 08:18
Look at the sizes, cut a piece of cardboard and you'll see how compact

peter2017
20-11-16, 19:26
I bought this receiver in 2xDVBS2+1xC/T2 variant and I added a hard drive.
So far the box works really great, I love it. Very fast zapping, great features. I'm using it also as miniDLNA server to stream music files to iPhone or my other A/V equipment supporting AirPlay and this feature works seamlessly.
I'm not yet so familiar with ENIGMA though to play with various images and I'm just using my first EGAMI image that came in the box from the shop owner - no real problems detected so far, some minor topic with remote that was not switching off the receiver to standby mode while staying in EPG mode or DVR player application. I'm not sure if such behaviour is image specific issue or is just Miracle HW specific?
I highly recommend this receiver, great price and it is much smaller then Premium Ultra.