PDA

View Full Version : Mutant 2400HD tuner issue

drphibes
22-05-16, 14:52
Hi

I have owned a Mutant 2400HD for a few weeks now and have just stumbled across an issue.
My Mutant came with four tuners and hdd direct from wos and upto now I have been very happy with the box.
However it appears that the box will not clear four channels at the same time, therefore if I want to record four fta channels the minute the D tuner is required all I get is a black screen.
In the tuner config screen I have activated each tuner one at a time and they all clear the programme eg bbc or itv etc etc.

I am running the latest vix image that was installed by wos and is upto date.

Thanks

drphibes
23-05-16, 00:30
I forgot to say the box is fed by a quad lnb with a coax going to each tuner. In addition I flashed a openpli image just to see if that made any difference but yet again when the d tuner needs to be used I get a blank screen.

abu baniaz
23-05-16, 00:38
Have you tried swapping wire going to tuner D?

drphibes
23-05-16, 00:49
Have you tried swapping wire going to tuner D?

Yes tried that and still no luck. While checking the tuner settings I tried to set the tuners to automatic and this resulted in tuners a,b,c setting themselves to 28.2e but tuner d keeps looping with an onscreen message saying it is aquiring tsid/onid. It gives you the option to abort via the red button but this fails and you need to turn the box of and reboot.

abu baniaz
23-05-16, 00:55
OK.

Put some tape on the tuners to identify them TM-1, TM-2, TM-3 and TM-4. TM-4 is the troublesome one. Shut down the receiver. Disconnect the mains. Swap the tuners over. Lets say TM-3 and TM-4.

Do you have the same problem with the Tuner D (TM-3) or is the problem now Tuner C (TM-4)?

drphibes
23-05-16, 01:08
OK.

Put some tape on the tuners to identify them TM-1, TM-2, TM-3 and TM-4. TM-4 is the troublesome one. Shut down the receiver. Disconnect the mains. Swap the tuners over. Lets say TM-3 and TM-4.

Do you have the same problem with the Tuner D (TM-3) or is the problem now Tuner C (TM-4)?

Think we are getting there now. I swapped tuner d and tuner c, booted up and started to record tuner a ( works) record tuner b ( works) and then tried to get another channel to work and c fails ! Went into the tuner config and disabled tuner c and this allowed tuner d to record a channel .
This looks like a possible dodgy tuner ?

abu baniaz
23-05-16, 01:18
Best to contact WOS and follow any tests/advice they give.

drphibes
23-05-16, 01:26
Best to contact WOS and follow any tests/advice they give.

Yes going to give them a call tomorrow, hopefully the tuner just needs swapping .

meherenow
30-05-16, 08:56
I found major issues when trying to use all 4 tuners at the same time - I had 2 x DVB-S2 and 2 x DVB-C/T2.

EVENTUALLY (after much retesting THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN and a lot of back and forths with WOS) it was admitted by the manufacturer that there is a driver issue (although I wonder if it's actually a hardware fault relating to a power issue when all 4 tuners are in use). Seemed to be confined to the Hybrid tuners for me though, I didn't see any issue with the sat ones.

Shame really, great box, but NOT a quad tuner box as advertised...

I swapped it out for an Xtrend ET10000, which does work as a quad tuner as it allowed me to use all 4 tuners at the same time.

I posted about it over in this thread:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?51713-Cable-and-satellite-in-one-box