PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Faulty Image Restore

aidanboland
22-05-16, 08:23
Hi guys,

I was trying to restore openvix 3.2 from an old image yesterday and upon restore, it said "faulty remount". I restarted the Vu+ Duo at that point (there were no other options) but since then, it has merely said "Starting..." on the front of the box without anything happening. I've tried reloading an image of Vix onto the box using USB but that hasn't fixed the problem.

Has anyone any idea what I could do next?

Any help greatly appreciated!
Aidan.

Rob van der Does
22-05-16, 08:26
....I've tried reloading an image of Vix onto the box using USB but that hasn't fixed the problem.
But the new image has actually been flashed successful (i.e. the message ''remove USB and reboot" showed on the VFD?

Andy_Hazza
22-05-16, 08:27
Try flashing the bootloader first, then try the latest image.
Are you sure its a genuine receiver and not a clone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
22-05-16, 08:31
No worries about a bootloader. If the image isn't being flashed (which is what I asked), the bootloader won't be flashed either.
And a bootloader for the DUO is years old.

aidanboland
22-05-16, 11:17
But the new image has actually been flashed successful (i.e. the message ''remove USB and reboot" showed on the VFD?

I didn't get that message actually.... it said "Reading from USB..." and then went back to "Starting..."

The receiver was working fine until yesterday afternoon but I wanted to restore an old image which was more stable...... (I had been getting error messages when I tried to record things)

Rob van der Does
22-05-16, 11:22
Then the flash didn't work. Are you sure you had the correct files (just unzip the file directly to the stick) on the stick?

aidanboland
22-05-16, 11:29
I hadn't unzipped directly, I had extracted the "vuplus" folder and its subsidaries and put that on the stick.... I just tried unzipping directly onto the stick and "Reading from USB..." flashed up for about 0.5 seconds and then into "Starting...." (actually read "StarSing..." the first time).

:-(

aidanboland
22-05-16, 12:35
I hadn't unzipped directly, I had extracted the "vuplus" folder and its subsidaries and put that on the stick.... I just tried unzipping directly onto the stick and "Reading from USB..." flashed up for about 0.5 seconds and then into "Starting...." (actually read "StarSing..." the first time).

:-(

Tried again - it worked off a different memory key :-)

Rob van der Does
22-05-16, 15:29
So all is fine now?