PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Recording list selection is reset after playback

pmatil
19-05-16, 08:44
This is more of a feature request. I've been using the 4.1.008 for a few weeks now and I like it. But there's one thing I like to mention (if not already known). After watching a recording (on the internal HDD) the selection on the recording list is always reset to the start of the list (up). The playback setting is set at "go to live tv after stopping a recording". It would be nice if the selection would stay at the spot it was the last time the list was accessed. In this case it would be the recording that was last played. This is not a huge issue with a few recordings but when you have tens you always have to scroll to the oldest (bottom of the list).

Overall I like OpenVIX, keep up the good work!

Rob van der Does
19-05-16, 08:50
Hmmm, here the last played video is always highlighted after stopping playback. And it has always been like that.

tappari
19-05-16, 10:04
Hmmm, here the last played video is always highlighted after stopping playback. And it has always been like that.
Yes, that is how it works in OpenPLi image, but not in OpenViX.

birdman
19-05-16, 10:20
Hmmm, here the last played video is always highlighted after stopping playback. And it has always been like that.Notice that he goes to live TV when stopping. So he exits the list.
I think that if you exit the list and go back in you re-start at the top.

spanner123
19-05-16, 12:21
I may be stating the obvious but if you press up arrow you go straight to the bottom of the list and pressing left or right arrow jumps a page at a time so finding what you want does not take long at all.

Rob van der Does
19-05-16, 12:23

Yes, that is how it works in OpenPLi image, but not in OpenViX.

I was talking about ViX.

pmatil
20-05-16, 06:20
Yes the list position is reset every time I exit the recording list. Also if you have several recordings that are not finished you may get confused about what one you were watching if the names are the same. So, feature request: please save the list position:D

Rob van der Does
20-05-16, 06:28
Ah, indeed; when you completely exit the movielist, you'll start from fresh.

Rob van der Does
20-05-16, 06:34
And you're right: in PLi the last played file is highlighted when re-entering the movielist.

tappari
22-05-16, 10:54
And you're right: in PLi the last played file is highlighted when re-entering the movielist.
So you finally undrerstood the point? When can we see it in ViX?

Rob van der Does
22-05-16, 11:24
No idea if any of the devs finds this worthwhile to try to get this into ViX; don't forget ViX is quite far away from PLi. This is not something that can just be copied from PLi.

tappari
22-05-16, 13:23
No idea if any of the devs finds this worthwhile to try to get this into ViX; don't forget ViX is quite far away from PLi. This is not something that can just be copied from PLi.
Like HotKey?

Rob van der Does
22-05-16, 15:31
Not sure what you mean?
PLi's 'Hotkey' functionality has been embedded ages ago (named 'Button setup' in ViX); but that wasn't a simple cut & paste either.

Anyway: the movie list in PLi & ViX are quite different from each other.