PDA

View Full Version : Strange ff / rw problem

Ford1
18-05-16, 00:04
My xtrend et8000 has developed a strange fault, only recently, when trying to either ff or rw through a recorded programm, anything above x8 speed causes the playback to either return to the start, or to "jump" rather than smooth motion.

I have a hdd from a sky +hd box 2tb in size, when I try to check filesystem it says it cannot unmounts the drive, is there anyway using telnet commands I can do this via my pc?

abu baniaz
18-05-16, 00:14
Which image version?

Ford1
18-05-16, 00:29
still on 037,, was planning on jumping to 4 this weekend, just need to find out how to save my autotimers, as I belive they get lost in the upgrade?

Anyhow back to this problem, im running 037, I have timeshift enabled, I have samba enabled, my picons and epg dat are saved to my usb, any more info required?

abu baniaz
18-05-16, 01:07
The reason you cannot unmount the HDD is that it in use for the auto-started timeshift.

If you create a settings a backup before flashing a new image, you can restore them to new image. There is a change to the ffwd/rewind code, it is not yet in public image.

Please note:

Thread will be moved to the ViX-Team-Images-Support-Discussion section. It is best to use the image support section for image issues as problems/solutions are usually the same irrespective of receiver. It also helps others searching for the same issue although they may have another receiver.

Please read the thread in link below which explains things better.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section)!

No harm has been done, no need to apologise. Please bear in mind for future support questions.

birdman
18-05-16, 01:32
I have a hdd from a sky +hd box 2tb in size, when I try to check filesystem it says it cannot unmounts the drive, is there anyway using telnet commands I can do this via my pc?It can only unmount he drive to check it if it is not in use.

Are you using timeshift?
Are you using a swapfile?

Both use files on the HDD.

Sorry for the duplicated explanation - I though I'd reached the end of the thread - but hadn't.

Rob van der Does
18-05-16, 07:07
It can only unmount he drive to check it if it is not in use.

Are you using timeshift?
Are you using a swapfile?

Both use files on the HDD.

Or picons on HDD or debuglogs

Ford1
18-05-16, 07:47
As stated picons are stored on usb, as is epg, I had tried to disable timeshist autostart and then restarted the box, still wouldn't unmounts. this is why I asked if I could do it through putty.

I shall upgrade to the latest version this week and report back if I have any problems.

Rob van der Does
18-05-16, 07:52
Go to ViX-mountmanager, setup an USB-stick as HDD and save. After the reboot use 'unmount' for the internal HDD.
Don't forget to restore previous settings when done.

birdman
18-05-16, 11:42
this is why I asked if I could do it through putty.You can, but you'll have the same problem in the you still need to unmount it first.
If you login you could try:

cat /proc/swaps
to see whether you have a swapfile on the partition

fuser -m /media/hdd
to see which process(es) have files open on it and, if any are reported,

cd /proc/<pid-no>
grep /media/hdd maps
ls -l fd | grep /media/hdd
to see which file it is