PDA

View Full Version : Stripped down Duo imaage?

Jules
16-05-16, 19:52
Hi everyone.
I have been given 2 Duos that were faulty.
I manged to get them both working after a lot of effort.
I still have a small problem with one of them. It works OK but after changing a few channels it restarts itself.
Is there a really basic stripped down image out there that may be of help to me?

Thanks.
Regards,
Jules.

Jules
16-05-16, 21:21
I have attached crash log. Thanks.

abu baniaz
16-05-16, 21:26
Vix image should be fine for you. Make sure you have latest bootloader

Jules
16-05-16, 23:29
Thanks for the answer. I have tried Vix but does the same. Thats why I thought a stripped down version may work?

Trial
17-05-16, 08:03
Hi,
I created a strip down script for my Solo2 because they are at their limits when HbbTV, Kodi and MediaPortal is installed.

I created a list of thinks which are installed by default with opkg -list_installed >/tmp/installed.txt and then I analyzed it and I created a script where I did
- opkg remove <package> for each package I do not need/want. For instance I removed all languages I do not need or common interface plugin and so on.
- opkg install <package> for all packages I want/need.

Instead of restore with backup plugin I use this script to install plugins. This is quite some work but it only has to be done once if you keep the script also on your PC. The problem with a general stripped down version is that everybody needs other things and this way you can create your own prefect stripped down image.

btw. compared to the original images ViX is already rather stripped down because HbbTV and Kodi (where possible) are not include as default.

ciao

Jules
17-05-16, 11:13
Thanks for the info. I will try and strip down my image.

Trial
17-05-16, 12:07
Hi,
after you stripped it make a backup so that you can start from a stripped image again.

ciao

Jules
17-05-16, 12:19
Thanks, but I am a bit confused as to how to go about stripping my image down?