PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] Problem with external subtitles

tapkor
16-05-16, 09:49
Neither .sub nor .srt subtitles do not seem to work. Nothing shows in Subtitle submenu. The subtitle file is guaranteed to have the same name as the movie file and they reside in the same folder. Subtitle files seem to be all right since they work in PC with VLC. Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug in 4.1?

Andy_Hazza
16-05-16, 10:25
Never worked for me. I use tsMuxeR to add the subtitles n then remux the movie file. Only a five minute job if that. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stuart35
16-05-16, 17:18
Works for me with .srt with either mkv or avi files played thru my solo2. Might be worth checking subtitle settings on the vu ....menu/setup/system/subtitle settings and make sure external subtitles is set to yes.

ronand
16-05-16, 18:14
SRT subtitles work fine. SUB format is different and will not work.

IAmATeaf
16-05-16, 19:13
External srt files have always worked on my et10000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tapkor
17-05-16, 07:34
I found out that subtitle files (both .srt and .sub) have to be encoded as UTF-8. ANSI encoding does not work. To change the encoding open the subtitle file in a text editor like in Notepad and save it as UTF-8 encoded. After this subtitles work (with some inconsistencies) although they are still not visible in Subtitles submenu.

tapkor
23-05-16, 07:48
I have to take this back. Changing the encoding helps in the sense that subtitle files are recognized in the first place. However, subtitles either do not show at all or do it inconsistently. Sometimes they do and sometimes don't. What a pity. Must try remuxing as suggested.

stuart35
23-05-16, 17:30
try downloading a .srt from a site called sub scene and try again...they do they best subtitles.