PDA

View Full Version : Which socket for cable tuner

eggie99
15-05-16, 21:52
Hi all
Which connector is used for cable on the gigablue quad plus and which connector type is used to fit the connection.

Any help appreciated

Thanks
Eggie

casuk
15-05-16, 21:58
RF connector it's like the aerial connector on your TV

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

eggie99
16-05-16, 22:13
.Hi casuk
Used that connection cant tune anything in always comes back no channels found. Tried the bottom connection same thing . Tried autobouquets same thing. The splitter i am using is 1000mhz 4 way i can get a signal through splitter because if i connect my broadband connection to it my wireless router works through it, but i cant find any channels. Problem is the connectors on back are RF so i cant even put my broadband connection into it to see if that way i get any channels.

All these problems occurred when i moved address couldnt get the quad plus to find cable or sky channels or even operate my motor so sent box back was tested and it was fine. I just cant seem to pick any channels up. Also which cable are you guys using i am just using regular sat cabale and making sure inner does not touch outer cable and then using RF connector to connect. I am not having any luck at finding channels always comes back no channels found , it doesnt matter what method i use manual scan auto scan or autobouquets always the same no channels.

Desperate for help any help appreciated please.

Thanks
Eggie

abu baniaz
16-05-16, 23:08
Just because you have adequate signal for broadband, it does not mean you have adequate for TV. Get an F-Plug to Bellling-lee adapter. Disconnect the splitters and connect the signal wire direct to tuner. Then scan again.

You have not said which image you are using. There was a driver issue with the GB's which was rectified.

casuk
16-05-16, 23:32
Like abu said above buy an f to RF adaptor and use that to test, i use the cables I originally got when first installed and mod them if needed if your using cheap cables you won't get a good signal

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk