PDA

View Full Version : Motorised dish settings Solo2

Barnoe
15-05-16, 14:53
I have 28.2 working fine, but can i find another satellite!!!
All weekend been sending my dish back and forth (1.1m Triax dish)

There must be a better way, i had a Dreambox 7000 15 years ago and it took me about 30 minutes!!
I know i am still getting to grip with this new Vu+ Solo 2 box but jeez

does someone know a step by step guide of programming a new satellite in (for an idiot lol)

On the dream box as soon as i put long lat in it found all the satellites its self by just choosing a channel.... some needed stepping to get a stronger signal, but most worked fine.
This doesn't do anything when i choose a channel?
Sure im missing something obvious... just getting fed up now, been at it 2 days :/

abu baniaz
15-05-16, 14:59
What do you mean by programming a new satellite?

H/W:
Is your motor correctly installed to use USALS motor controls or did you have to set and store the positions for each satellite?

S/W:
What have you configured your tuner as?

Please note:

Thread will be moved to the ViX-Team-Images-Support-Discussion section. It is best to use the image support section for image issues as problems/solutions are usually the same irrespective of receiver. It also helps others searching for the same issue although they may have another receiver.

Please read the thread in link below which explains things better.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section)!

No harm has been done, no need to apologise. Please bear in mind for future support questions.

twol
15-05-16, 15:05
I have 28.2 working fine, but can i find another satellite!!!
All weekend been sending my dish back and forth (1.1m Triax dish)

There must be a better way, i had a Dreambox 7000 15 years ago and it took me about 30 minutes!!
I know i am still getting to grip with this new Vu+ Solo 2 box but jeez

does someone know a step by step guide of programming a new satellite in (for an idiot lol)

On the dream box as soon as i put long lat in it found all the satellites its self by just choosing a channel.... some needed stepping to get a stronger signal, but most worked fine.
This doesn't do anything when i choose a channel?
Sure im missing something obvious... just getting fed up now, been at it 2 days :/

Have you read the OpenVix manual ... maybe that can help/assist?

abu baniaz
15-05-16, 15:28
easiest option is to select USALS in Tuner configuration. make sure there is no mix up between east and west.

install a channel list from plugins download section (settings).

If dish is correctly aligned, you will lock onto channels you select. provided you are in coverage area for dish size.

Barnoe
15-05-16, 15:37
The motor has been used before successfully with a Dreambox.
I have tried a few ways i tried choosing positioner and input my long/lat hoping it would find the sats. but nothing.
I tried choosing advanced and dedicating a number for each satellite.
1 = 28.2, 2=19.2 3=13.0 4=0.8 etc
I tried downloading settings from plugins, for channels for other satellites, but to be honest i was not sure if the settings work with my box :/
I should lookup settings on my PC and ftp them over like i used to on the DB really.

The motor and dish is 15 years old... is it still compatible with newer boxes?

Barnoe
15-05-16, 15:46
Oh and by the way...

I have my Motorised dish plugged into LNB input 1 and my sly dish plugged into LNB input 2
While working on the motorised dish i have had tuner B disabled

does that make any difference?

abu baniaz
15-05-16, 16:00
post a screenshot of your tuner configuration for the tuner with motor.

does dish move when you select a channel?

abu baniaz
15-05-16, 16:05
Did you use USALS on the Dreambox?

If you don't answer, you are going to waste more time.

Barnoe
15-05-16, 16:24
Yes i used USALS on the dreambox

These are the 2 ways i have tried settings

abu baniaz
15-05-16, 16:31
Does motor move?
Which channel list did you install?

Barnoe
15-05-16, 16:45
CST.Motor.db

I tried one of Vhanibals too.

Yes motor moved when im in the positioner menu and choose west or east

Doesnt move when i choose a channel though

Barnoe
15-05-16, 17:13
OK, i managed to get 19.2e working.

The dish went there automatically, but only when i chose a random channel called LTC
strange, didnt go there when i chose the channel actually wanted lol, but now its there i changed to my channel and now it works.

abu baniaz
15-05-16, 20:41
First off, disable your 28.2 tuner.

To select channels by satellite:
TV button > Green (satellites)
All the channels will be ordered by their satellite.

Select a channel from 39.0, 28.2, 19.2, 13.0, 0.8w.

Do you get signal locks?

Barnoe
15-05-16, 23:23
Sorry been away from computer messing with the box all night :/
USALS doesnt work at all, ive tried every way possible.

My dish went to 19.2e above only because i had accidently saved it while messing with the settings, was pure luck.

Searching for satellites with the auto feature is useless.... either my LNB or the tuner is to weak to see the signals and goes straight past satellites.

I had to start at 28.2, and step west 1 click at a time till i found 19e, then 13e.
I stored them and now the dish moves if i pick any channel from the 3 ive set up so far.

Now i have issues where Cccam stops as soon as i pick certain channels on 19.2e... but thats another story!

Thanks for your help Abu :)