PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Updating Image

crx
12-05-16, 20:16
Hi guys,

I'm sure this has been covered a million times and apologies for asking the question but I want to update my solo 2 to the latest image and want to double check if I preform a backup through backup manager will this back up all my settings including cams etc or should I use the Image manager, and is there anything that wont be backed up.

Can I install a new image from vix or do I need to install from a usb stick?

Thanks Again for any help.

Tony :thumbsup:

Andy_Hazza
12-05-16, 20:20
First things first. What image are you on now? Menu > Information > About

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crx
12-05-16, 20:25
On Hades 018

abu baniaz
12-05-16, 20:40
Create a settings backup in "Backup Manager". This will save your cam configs and other settings.

To be on the safe side, make an image backup using "Image Manager" so you can revert if you need to.

Flash new image. It does not matter if you flash using Image Manager or using USB.
After flashing, you can restore the settings which will also contains the cam configs. Install the cams from the plugin downloads section as well as any other plugins you want.

crx
12-05-16, 20:43
I presume things like skins etc wont be transferred?

abu baniaz
12-05-16, 20:48
Skins are plugins, so no. Anything installed will not be re-installed. (you can currently only restore/re-install plugins from 4.0 and 4.1 images and if same kernel)

See this thread which will assist in listing things you have installed.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?50873-Plugin-list-for-new-image-flash

crx
13-05-16, 20:12
Cheers guys worked a treat, just need to do my duo 2 now.:thumbsup: