PDA

View Full Version : can the Sat channels be output on the RF out?

allanicars
12-05-16, 20:09
Hi,

new to all this and i think i have worked out most things by reading the forums... but one thing still eludes me
I want to output what is on the screen (satellite channel) by the Rf output to another TV.. is this possible ?

I am running OPENVIX 4.01.008
Tuner is Vu Plus DVB-T NIM(SSH108) (DVB-T2)

if so anyone got a how to?

many thanks

Allan

twol
12-05-16, 20:25
What are the plans for the 2nd TV? used how often? By just you or ?
There are other ways of doing things but it depends on what you are trying to do:)

allanicars
12-05-16, 20:31
We used to have the ability with our old sly box... rf out to other rooms (my house is flood wired with cables) and the tv in the bedrooms are used nightly...

don't really want to invest in any other devices or upgrade TV's

imish
12-05-16, 22:42
sounds like your house is equipped with a RF based TV distribution box. that being the case - why not take the signal from the RF out on the sat box and connect it to one of the inputs on the distribution box.

BTW: which sat box do you have cause mine doesnt even have an RF out?

if your box doesnt have an RF out then you can easily by a converter - connect the HDMI output on the sat box to the RF Converter via a HDMI Double Signal Adaptor.

Sicilian
13-05-16, 06:37
VU+ Duo2 does not have RF out. On the hybrid tuner the out is simply a loop out.

You would use either of the following:

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/EDISION-HDMI-MODULATOR-single-DVB-T-Full-HD-Distribution-over-Coax

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Mercury-Universal-Scart-to-RF-Video-Modulator-ILS102?filter_name=mercury

allanicars
13-05-16, 08:54
Can I output from both the HDMI and Scart, with the HDMI going to the TV in the front room and scart going to a DVD player/recorder and use that to send the RF out?
I can only see the choice of one output on the Vu+ Duo2

timofee
13-05-16, 13:46
Yes you can output from both the HDMI and Scart at the same time to drive two separate outputs.

There is also a third possibility with the Duo2 which is the component output (video)+phono output (audio).