PDA

View Full Version : Playback Choppy / Broken When Recording

iamSteve
12-05-16, 11:45
When we are watching a program on the box that has been previously recorded all is well until some timers kick in. Previously it was noticeable if 3 or 4 things were recording at the same time, however it now appears even if 2 things are recording at the same time.

I thought it could be the HDD Read / Writes however it also has this issue if all the recorded and playback programs are SD. You can watch the 'problem' recorded program at another time without issue once the other recordings finish.

I have a Solo4k with two Sat and two DVB-T tuners fitted.
WD Red HDD

Thanks.
Steve.

DaMacFunkin
12-05-16, 12:21
Does it happen when you are watching sat and a recording starts on terrestrial and goes it happen when watching a recording and another recording starts on terrestrial?
I have some weird problems with terrestrial on my solo4k, too long to go into here but it can really slow down the box or lock it up.

iamSteve
12-05-16, 12:55
Don't think it matters what tuners its using to record from, last night I know it was using both satellite tuners when we were half way through watching a recorded (from a few days ago) program and as soon as we hit 9.00pm and the recordings started payback broke up and became unwatchable. The program is fine today and I believe both recordings will be ok also.

birdman
12-05-16, 17:20
Do you have a "real" hdd, or are you using a network drive for recordings?

iamSteve
14-05-16, 14:25
Its a WD Red 1TB inside the box.

NeRd666
29-07-16, 00:34
Yes i have the exact same problem with brand new solo 4k box on latest vix image.