PDA

View Full Version : how to look for my network on et 10000

joysleep1
10-05-16, 21:29
Ok this is hard issue to explain.
On my laptop it, when i go to my computer page, it shows up Vu solo2. This box is currenty a slave box in the extension with just a small 40gb hd. When i click inside that page it shows up everything recorded on there. I would love for my xtrend 10000 to show up there too but i can not understand why the vu solo2 shows up and not the extrend. They are both running the same latest image with NFS and USHARE turened on. My computer even sometimes finds my edison OS box which is in my living room. (which is not really helpful lol)

See pic to understand what i am talking about.
Anyway to get my xtrend 10000 to show up on that list. That is my main box.

Ashley69
10-05-16, 21:40
Have you got samba enabled on your xt1000

joysleep1
11-05-16, 07:25
Have you got samba enabled on your xt1000

Oh not sure about that. I'll check when I get home. Thanks

Bangord30
11-05-16, 08:54
I have this enabled on my 8000 but never see my box in my computer on the laptop now I think about it. Maybe me lol

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

joysleep1
11-05-16, 10:06
I have this enabled on my 8000 but never see my box in my computer on the laptop now I think about it. Maybe me lol

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

yh well it is strange because the extrend 8000 that is in my brothers room does not get picked up on the networks page in my computer settings. It is only the vu solo 2. Why only that receiver? I have not done anything different with that one as far as i know.

ccs
11-05-16, 11:06
I'm pretty sure a settings restore no longer enables Samba. You have to switch it back on again after flashing a new image.

joysleep1
11-05-16, 11:12
I'm pretty sure a settings restore no longer enables Samba. You have to switch it back on again after flashing a new image.

ok will try that at home. Thanks

joysleep1
11-05-16, 18:11
Ok so i reached home and then installed samba. It then restarted itself after installing. So i go to network settings but it does not allow me to start . It just says current status stopped in red. I am pressing the green start button on my remote repeatedly and nothing happens. I am on the latest image to.
Why would it not start?

ccs
11-05-16, 19:37
It didn't start properly for me either first time, I had to install it twice before it was ok.

I've mentioned this twice before in other threads, but it fell on deaf ears.

joysleep1
11-05-16, 22:33
but i can not install it again. Once installed, it just does not start.
i will try again. lets see

joysleep1
11-05-16, 22:41
i tried installing and then uninstalling but i just can not get it to say running. Every time i press start button on the remote, nothing happens. Is it do with my receiver or could it be something else. Anyone else have samba running on xtrend 100000??

joysleep1
11-05-16, 22:49
It just seems to stay stuck on "stopped". Nothing happens when i select the start button. Have tried installing many times. Any ideas?

Bangord30
12-05-16, 08:50
I can get samba started no bother and have enabled on every flash/build/update on my 8000 and never shown on my computer. I thought it was my old laptop but maybe not then?!

Re it not going green, I had that with FTP and a reflash was only cure! :(

Sent from my VF695 using Tapatalk

ccs
12-05-16, 09:28
Anyone else have samba running on xtrend 100000??After a 2nd install it works ok on my ET10k, as does viewing files via windows.

Bangord30
12-05-16, 09:50
Hmmm, wonder why nothing I seem to do gets it showing on my 8000.

ccs
12-05-16, 09:55
It just seems to stay stuck on "stopped". Nothing happens when i select the start button. Have tried installing many times. Any ideas?Maybe produce a debug log of the install??

ccs
12-05-16, 10:01
Hmmm, wonder why nothing I seem to do gets it showing on my 8000. Do you see anything at all?

For example, I can also see my router from Network in windows explorer.

Bangord30
12-05-16, 10:12
See my router yes

joysleep1
12-05-16, 10:41
Hmmm, wonder why nothing I seem to do gets it showing on my 8000.

could be an xtrend issue. There is no debug log or any log for that matter. It just does not start. After installing many times. How can you report this?

joysleep1
12-05-16, 10:42
it is running on my solo2 properly and my edison OS i think. Just not on the xtrend.

Bangord30
12-05-16, 10:47
Thanks for confirming not just me!

abu baniaz
12-05-16, 10:47
When enabled, the debug logs are generated by Enigma 2 to help debug (fix) problems. Default setting is debug logs = off.

You enable debug logs in the logs menu. You must reboot receiver for change in this setting to take effect.

joysleep1
12-05-16, 10:56
When enabled, the debug logs are generated by Enigma 2 to help debug (fix) problems. Default setting is debug logs = off.

You enable debug logs in the logs menu. You must reboot receiver for change in this setting to take effect.

So if i enable it and then install samba, will there then be something to show you or some sort of log i can post?

abu baniaz
12-05-16, 11:08
Yes, there will be a debug log. You attach it to the post.

I would suggest you do the following:
Create an image backup so you can revert to it later.

Install latest image on download server, do not restore any settings or plugins. enable debug logs. reboot. install/setup samba. do not forget the client. After reboot (normal after setting up samba), go back to samba setup.

Attach all debug logs.

ccs
13-05-16, 13:52
I've updated from 4.1.004 to 4.1.009 today. (Couch flash)

If I do not restore settings or plugins and only setup the wifi network (which seemed sensible), Samba installs ok.

If I do restore settings using the wizard, Samba now never installs. It goes thru' the reboot procedure,
but is then "disabled/stopped", and goes to the setup process again.

Successful and unsuccessful logs attached. I don't think they show much, but could be wrong.

It looks like the settings restore (taken when Samba was configured and running) is bringing in some kind of conflict.

/etc/samba has a file smb.conf, dated 21/4/2016.

ccs
13-05-16, 14:32
Thinking about it a bit, the debug log for the 2nd Samba install, after the 1st install appeared to work and had rebooted, might be more useful .....

Bangord30
13-05-16, 15:22
No matter what I have done since got it I've never seen it on my computer. Apart from seeing it go green on the Xtrend what all else do you have to do in English lol?

joysleep1
13-05-16, 16:13
yh exactly . I do not want to do a fresh install of a new image if i can not restore my settings. The prob is i need to restore because my channel list and bouquets for my cable channels were all done individually and it took me hours to make. I need to be able to restore my settings.

But yh same thing with me. I just can not get it to start. It works fine on my solo 2 and edison OS.
Another interesting point is that it does not work on my brothers xtrend 8000. Same issue. Can not start.

ccs
13-05-16, 16:17
I did get it working - install samba before restoring settings.

joysleep1
13-05-16, 16:19
I did get it working - install samba before restoring settings.

so your saying when i do a fresh flash and DO NOT restore settings or plug ins,
I then install samba.
I then can restore my settings and it would work?

ccs
13-05-16, 16:20
so your saying when i do a fresh flash and DO NOT restore settings or plug ins,
I then install samba.
I then can restore my settings and it would work?
... well it did for me.

joysleep1
13-05-16, 16:24
... well it did for me.

ok i will try that at home.
Thanks

Bangord30
13-05-16, 16:33
I'm on a fresh USB flash of latest Vix and no restores done as was trying to fix a cable issue and samba still not working for me anyway and it's all activated on the box! Nothing else I have to do??? Could be my old ish laptop no??

ccs
13-05-16, 16:35
I've updated from 4.1.004 to 4.1.009 today. (Couch flash)

(1) If I reflash and do not restore settings or plugins and only setup the wifi network (which seemed sensible), Samba installs ok.

(2) If I reflash and restore settings using the wizard, Samba now never installs. It goes thru' the reboot procedure,
but is then "disabled/stopped", and goes to the setup process again.

Restoring settings after step (1) leaves samba working ok.

edited a bit for clarity.

ccs
13-05-16, 16:37
I'm on a fresh USB flash of latest Vix and no restores done as was trying to fix a cable issue and samba still not working for me anyway and it's all activated on the box! Nothing else I have to do??? Could be my old ish laptop no??

Sent from my VF695 using TapatalkHow old? I think samba will be relying on a workgroup called WORKGROUP (by default).

Bangord30
13-05-16, 16:38
It's win 10 anyway

ccs
13-05-16, 16:45
How about this, perhaps....

Change Windows 10 login from a PIN to password and the other computers, devices on the network become visible and accessible

Bangord30
13-05-16, 17:12
I use a password already

Ashley69
13-05-16, 18:13
I have Win10 and they just appear in my network.

Bangord30
13-05-16, 23:37
Bizarrely I checked the log on the box and it was blank but for first time ever since it' has vappeared! ;)

joysleep1
14-05-16, 10:23
I have Win10 and they just appear in my network.

That's obviously because you managed to get samba running.

joysleep1
14-05-16, 10:25
edited a bit for clarity.

OK I did exactly what you did. DID NOT WORK. it says stopped again once I restored my settings.

ccs
14-05-16, 11:01
Ok, but it worked for me. Pity nobody else seems to be showing any interest.

A little while ago, Samba was no longer installed by default, and had to be reinstalled after a new VIX release, even after a settings restore.

Backup manager still backs up '/etc/samba', which doesn't seem quite right to me.

joysleep1
14-05-16, 11:20
Well I followed exactly what you did. It just doesn't seem to want to start. There must be something stopping it. I would start from scratch with a new flash but I can't be asked to sort out all my cable channels in order.
When you restored... Did you say yes to restore plug ins to.?

ccs
14-05-16, 11:36
Did you say yes to restore plug ins to.?I'm pretty sure I did.

What I might try, but it's really up to you..

Image reflash. No settings/Plugins. Install Samba and take a copy of /etc/samba to your pc or hd on et10k.
Restore settings/plugins.
Copy /etc/samba back onto et10k. (may need to init 4, do copy, init 3, via telnet)
Reboot.

abu baniaz
14-05-16, 12:11
I can't be asked to sort out all my cable channels in order.

You can backup up your bouquets using Dreamset/E-channelizer and send them to any E2 receiver. Whatever image they are on.

ccs
14-05-16, 12:50
@joysleep1

Another possibility, but someone in the know really needs to comment,
you could deselect /etc/samba from backup manager's set of files/folders to be backed up.
Then run backup manager and use that file to restore your settings/plugins after a reflash.
No need then to mess about taking copies of files/folders.
No guarantee it will work, mind.

joysleep1
14-05-16, 14:17
it would be nice to know what in my settings is stopping it from starting.
I will try again later tho.
Thanks guy

joysleep1
14-05-16, 17:02
You can backup up your bouquets using Dreamset/E-channelizer and send them to any E2 receiver. Whatever image they are on.

Is there a guide on how to use this.?
Is it just simply transferring the channels back to the receiver and it would work?

joysleep1
14-05-16, 22:55
ok i tried the e channlazer thingy and it did not really work.
Yh it sorted my channels out but after doing a fresh flash and NOT restoring my settings, i tried to use that software to bring my channels but it is all greyed out. I have to somehow rescan all the channels and i cant remember how i did it the first time with cable. It is just too long of a process.

joysleep1
14-05-16, 22:56
@joysleep1

you could deselect /etc/samba from backup manager's set of files/folders to be backed up.
Then run backup manager and use that file to restore your settings/plugins after a reflash.

How can you choose what you want to back up and NOT. Is there a way i can reset the samba service back to default and start it again. ??

abu baniaz
14-05-16, 23:00
Press the menu button in Backup Manager.

With regards to your previous question about using Dreamset/E-Chanenlizer, E-Channelizer has a tutorial. There are many Dreamset tutorials. Just search for them. If you get stuck, start a thread, include a link to the guide you are following, explain what you have done and where you get stuck.

judge
14-05-16, 23:27
ok i tried the e channlazer thingy and it did not really work.
Yh it sorted my channels out but after doing a fresh flash and NOT restoring my settings, i tried to use that software to bring my channels but it is all greyed out. I have to somehow rescan all the channels and i cant remember how i did it the first time with cable. It is just too long of a process.
Your tuners aren't configured properly so.

abu baniaz
14-05-16, 23:35
Please note:

Thread will be moved to the ViX-Team-Images-Support-Discussion section. It is best to use the image support section for image issues as problems/solutions are usually the same irrespective of receiver. It also helps others searching for the same issue although they may have another receiver.

Please read the thread in link below which explains things better.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section)!

No harm has been done, no need to apologise. Please bear in mind for future support questions.

joysleep1
15-05-16, 01:22

With regards to your previous question about using Dreamset/E-Chanenlizer, E-Channelizer has a tutorial. There are many Dreamset tutorials. Just search for them. If you get stuck, start a thread, include a link to the guide you are following, explain what you have done and where you get stuck.

Yh i followed the tutorial but it will be too difficult to get my channels back this way because i scanned my channels a long time ago and it all appeared in the last scanned section in the bouquet. I then manually ordered them exactly how i wanted to. I then did a backup and can always revert back to this without doing any tuner scans or nothing. It is a perfect restore. Channels work perfectly. I would rather try get it to work with the settings that i currently have because the set up is perfect. I am trying to figure out why it does not start or what is preventing it from running.
So when i do a settings back up, like abu said that you press menu in the backup settings. Now by default samba is ticked, is there something i can do there to maybe reset the samba?

Thanks

joysleep1
15-05-16, 01:25
Your tuners aren't configured properly so.

it is not that it is not configured. They are. It is just when i do fresh flash and do not restore it would not bring it back perfectly. No software or programme will get them to comeback exactly how I want it.

joysleep1
15-05-16, 01:29
@joysleep1

hey css
That is actually a good idea. So what your saying is
Make a back up and deselect samba.
Do a fresh flash and restore that backup
And try install samba from fresh.
I will try that.
Lets see.

abu baniaz
15-05-16, 01:42
With regards to saving channel and sending them back to the receiver (any image/any receiver):
You are doing something wrong if you cannot send them back the exact same way you received them. This thread is not for that, but thought you should know just in case you want to pursue the issue.

Also:
The "last scanned" bouquet is a system bouquet. You should not be organising channels in it because every time you scan, channels are placed in there.

joysleep1
15-05-16, 02:21
With regards to saving channel and sending them back to the receiver (any image/any receiver):
You are doing something wrong if you cannot send them back the exact same way you received them. This thread is not for that, but thought you should know just in case you want to pursue the issue.

Also:
The "last scanned" bouquet is a system bouquet. You should not be organising channels in it because every time you scan, channels are placed in there.

oh abu.
You're an absolute legend. After playing around with Dreamset, it managed to recover all my channels perfectly without even scanning. And samba works now too. I need to figure out all my other settings but that is not a problem at all. It was only the channels. Thanks mate. You always know what to do.. :cool::cool:

joysleep1
15-05-16, 02:23

Also:

no abu what i did was take copy the channels from the last scanned section and then add them into my own sections. That is what took me hours. But glad i got that sorted. Thanks mate.

ccs
15-05-16, 09:30
And samba works now too.Is this because you haven't needed to do a settings restore?

joysleep1
15-05-16, 14:01
Is this because you haven't needed to do a settings restore?

yes exactly. I started from scratch.

I still do not know what was preventing it from starting in my original settings tho

ccs
15-05-16, 14:08
.... so you still might not be able to use settings restores when new VIX images are released.

joysleep1
15-05-16, 20:31
.... so you still might not be able to use settings restores when new VIX images are released.

What do you mean?

ccs
15-05-16, 21:18
What do you mean?
Restoring settings stopped samba working according to your earlier posts.
It may be ok to restore settings now, but I'm not convinced it won't fail again.
I did a clean install a few weeks ago, have never changed samba default settings, and it has become progressively more difficult to get working after flashing new releases of VIX.

joysleep1
15-05-16, 23:23
Restoring settings stopped samba working according to your earlier posts.
It may be ok to restore settings now, but I'm not convinced it won't fail again.
I did a clean install a few weeks ago, have never changed samba default settings, and it has become progressively more difficult to get working after flashing new releases of VIX.

hmm
Well lets see how it goes.

ccs
31-05-16, 16:21
Updated from 4.1.009 to 4.1.010 this afternoon.

Now I couldn't get Samba to start, it just rebooted after the install and then said it needed installing, over and over again.

Now some clues.
The usb wireless adapter driver (RTL8192CU) has recently been added to the image, so I don't need an Ethernet cable connected when I do a couch flash.
However, the settings restore, via the wizard, doesn't do a plugin restore as there's no internet connection at that point.
The settings restore works ok and a wireless connection is enabled.
But Samba won't intall.
If I couch flash with a wired Ethernet connection, then settings and plugins are restored and Samba is working.
So it looks, to me, like the settings restore of /etc/samba might be preventing the subsequent installing of Samba?

ccs
31-05-16, 17:07
I suppose that after the first settings restore reboot had activated the wireless network, I could have done another settings restore and got the plugin (Samba) installed that way??

joysleep1
01-06-16, 12:47
I suppose that after the first settings restore reboot had activated the wireless network, I could have done another settings restore and got the plugin (Samba) installed that way??

So how should i backup my settings in a way where it will restore with samba working?

ccs
01-06-16, 13:12
One possibility is to remove the Samba Service before doing a settings backup.

I haven't tried it yet but may have some time later in the day.

When you restore settings, do you restore plugins as well?

joysleep1
01-06-16, 13:21

I haven't tried it yet but may have some time later in the day.

When you restore settings, do you restore plugins as well?

I normally do yh.

ccs
01-06-16, 13:56

That doesn't work, Samba still refuses to install after a couch flash and settings restore.

So......

If you have a working Samba setup, take a settings backup and then couch flash the latest release of VIX.

If you have a wired Ethernet connection, the wizard will ask to do a setting and plugins restore. Answer yes and Samba will be up and running after the reboot.

If, like me, you have a wireless Ethernet connection, the plugins won't be restored during the settings restore.
After the reboot, an internet connection will have been established, so go into backupmanager and repeat the settings restore and say yes to plugins.

This works, for me, at any rate.

NB. Take an image backup of your current working system just in case.

joysleep1
01-06-16, 14:06
That doesn't work, Samba still refuses to install after a couch flash and settings restore.

So......

If you have a working Samba setup, take a settings backup and then couch flash the latest release of VIX.

If you have a wired Ethernet connection, the wizard will ask to do a setting and plugins restore. Answer yes and Samba will be up and running after the reboot.

If, like me, you have a wireless Ethernet connection, the plugins won't be restored during the settings restore.
After the reboot, an internet connection will have been established, so go into backupmanager and repeat the settings restore and say yes to plugins.

This works, for me, at any rate.

NB. Take an image backup of your current working system just in case.

Thanks very much for that ccs. helpful