PDA

View Full Version : Service Unavailable Check Tuner Configuration

MalteseMick
02-01-11, 13:45
Having a mare here, my missus came on MSN about an hour ago complaining she was getting this message. The box was frozen this morning and when she turned it off and on the error came up. I'm away for work and have been trying to go through all posssible scenarios with her.

I've got her to swap wires around for each tuner, to confirm it wasn't a signal issue. I'm thinking tuner configuration has reverted to something wrong.

Any ideas how I can help this situation via proxy to a non techie woman?

silverfox0786
02-01-11, 13:57
just tell her to set both tuners to the correct settings you have normally and do a rescan

it happens to me sometimes and a rescan fixes it

there are otherways without doing a rescan but as you say your misses is not technically minded so it would be easy for you but maybe not her

silverfox0786
02-01-11, 14:00
btw what sat are you using it it fixed or multi and what bouquet are you using so i can maybe give you a easy way to do it that wont involve a rescan

MalteseMick
02-01-11, 14:37
I'm using your bouquet and I've got my VU+ duo set as a single satellite as my DM800 controls the moving dish (DM800 works fine btw). She's typed this for me, I can't see anything wrong with that.

Configuration mode-simple
mode-single
satellite- nothing connected
send diseqc no

silverfox0786
02-01-11, 14:47
there is your problem

Configuration mode-simple
mode-single
satellite- astra 28.2e
send diseqc no

thats what it should be

MalteseMick
02-01-11, 15:54
thanks, i'll get it to her when she's back on - I knew it should be something like that but it's hard to imagine without a box in front of you.

MalteseMick
02-01-11, 19:54
hmmm it won't let here change satellite to 28.2, just says nothing connected with no other options.

Any way to fix this, install default satellite list or something?

MalteseMick
02-01-11, 20:16
Ok got it fixed...

Instructed the missus to go into Plugins, remove Plugins, remove silverfox's bouquet. Go into Download Plugins, download silverfox's bouquet. Restart the VU+ from the menu. Then go back into the tuner configuration and reset the satellite to 28.2e.

Now it works. Damn bloody hard to instruct a woman via MSN to do all that :)

basilyoung
02-01-11, 20:51
next time, it might be best to get a trusted mate at the other end,..if you want to stay alive, when you get home :sofahide:

but well done to your missus,

baz

silverfox0786
03-01-11, 01:48
mick just to suggest when i said i'll give you a easy way without scan i was gonna suggest what you just did so now i will suggest put a menu pin lock as i am guessing the menu you accidently mssed with

my missus does it all the time on my solo well her solo now