PDA

View Full Version : Technomate Not Finding All Channels On 28.2e

wroenaldinho
10-05-16, 12:00
Hi All

I am using a Technomate nano se and it's currently finding around 526 channels on both manual scan and auto scan on 28.2e. I have tried reflashing box serveral times with different openvix images including 008. I have tried my vu box on the same coax and that is finding 936 channels so I know it cant be an issue with feed or lnb.

I have now put an old amiko box on for the time being and that too finds over 900 channels. Surely the tuner cant be weak on the technomate. Has anyone else come across anything like this?

Thanks

timofee
10-05-16, 14:09
Yes this can happen as tuners do vary in sensitivity from box to box.

If you are sure that you have set up your new Technomate correctly then look to the quality of your dish, lnb, cabling and dish alignment. You need to find out which transponders you can't get with your new set up, as that will give a clue as to what is wrong.

wroenaldinho
10-05-16, 14:54
Yes this can happen as tuners do vary in sensitivity from box to box.

If you are sure that you have set up your new Technomate correctly then look to the quality of your dish, lnb, cabling and dish alignment. You need to find out which transponders you can't get with your new set up, as that will give a clue as to what is wrong.

surely it can't be lnb as ive tried amiko,f3 and vu zero and they all find over 900 channels no problem. The issue I am having with the TM SE is it doesn't find as many channels. It says Tune failed on BBC1 Regional and also Vintage Tv, and Magic. The odd time BBC1 does come on when I restart box.

Andy_Hazza
10-05-16, 16:38
Do you have an house phone near your satellite receiver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kegnkiwi
10-05-16, 20:51
Why not try download a complete settings list from the online servers.

abu baniaz
10-05-16, 21:06
He will more than likely get tune failed on the channels he is not able to find in a scan.

How far is the receiver from the dish?

wroenaldinho
10-05-16, 21:47
hi all

The receiver is on the opposite wall to the sky dish about 10metres away max. The channels that don't work, work when I turn the receiver on but then stay to break up and go off all together then I see tune failed on the screen. Could this be the power supply on the TM not providing the correct voltage?

Thanks

Andy_Hazza
10-05-16, 21:54
Reply to post #4 please.

abu baniaz
10-05-16, 21:54
Best to speak to your retailer and conduct tests as they say. Who did you buy it from?

khan888
10-05-16, 22:00
I had the same problem here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?46948-New-nano-not-picking-up-all-channels

Changed the lnb and sorted the problem

wroenaldinho
10-05-16, 22:32
Hi

No house phones plugged in at all.

My lnb is exactly that model you mentioned. Just weird as like yours every other box works fine even. Even if i turn all other boxes off its still no better.

All channels seem to be working fine tonight but i bet they'll be gone again in the morning.

Should i just get a new lnb or will an octo lnb prevent this?

Thanks

khan888
10-05-16, 22:47
Hi

No house phones plugged in at all.

My lnb is exactly that model you mentioned. Just weird as like yours every other box works fine even. Even if i turn all other boxes off its still no better.

All channels seem to be working fine tonight but i bet they'll be gone again in the morning.

Should i just get a new lnb or will an octo lnb prevent this?

Thanks

I changed mine with another quad lnb, can't remember the model etc but if I have time tomorrow I will get the leaders out and check for you.

It must be that certain lnb having issues with the technomate as mine has been spot on ever since.

wroenaldinho
12-05-16, 21:12
I changed mine with another quad lnb, can't remember the model etc but if I have time tomorrow I will get the leaders out and check for you.

It must be that certain lnb having issues with the technomate as mine has been spot on ever since.

loosened dish and lnb today and reseated it all, re cut all cables and put f connectors back on, still no joy with technomate but VU, Amiko and F5s all working fine. VU is now showing 97% signal and 89% quality. TM still failing on a lot of channels including "tune failed" on BBC1 but then kicks back in sometimes.

Ghost
12-05-16, 21:19
Your only getting sky uk , the Ireland box isn't ticked