PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Images keep crashing, tried 3 different ones?

Barnoe
08-05-16, 23:13
First off, sorry for not sharing more information regarding built above, my box is currently unable to boot at the moment.

I first used the image Openvix 4 1 004.
I was having problems all week with the box crashing, i re flashed the box with this image, added all settings etc and it all worked well.... each time it ony worked for approx 24 hours? (couldnt work out why at first)

Then today i noticed a newer image 4 1 008
I installed that thinking it may contain a bug fix... i got it all working watched some TV and went out, on my return box wouldnt boot?

Then i decided to install an older, possibly more stable image so installed Openvix 3 2 037
I reflashed and watched some football.... put the box into standby and then powered up again..... broken again.

So the problem is that once i install an image, all works well until the box is shut down/rebooted/standby then it wont work.

heres what ive been doing....
USB stick to flash image
Do the usual setting you get on first boot.
Then i add Cccam 2.3
Setup Autoboutique and scan
Thats it.... The box would be working ok at this point... then press standby on remote..... wait then power up.
then get this error

I switch box off at back and wait.... switch on
then get this error

If someone can help, please do :)

Barnoe
08-05-16, 23:56
OK, so i have done some digging, The problem is one of 2 things i think.

Either Cccam is having problems as everyone seems to be changing to OScam

Or.... my box is a feckin clone! i really hope not.
But ive googled my box and in images the back looks nothing like mine :rolleyes:
The more i dig the more i have that sinking feeling :/

Ashley69
09-05-16, 08:06
cccam 2.3 has caused issues with some boxes

Andy_Hazza
09-05-16, 08:23
Learn n use Oscam. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bangord30
09-05-16, 08:45
Tried a USB flash to latest version? Not through image manager and not restoring settings/plugins.

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

Barnoe
09-05-16, 20:27
Learn n use Oscam. [emoji4]

Unfortunately i think my box is a clone so im screwed!
Since i have no idea how to install softcams manually and how to set them up this box is for sale hahaha

Back to kodi on the firestick for me until i get a new box :)

Andy_Hazza
09-05-16, 20:32
Best way to test if its a clone is to try a very old image. Apollo image pre 023 builds would give you an indication.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barnoe
10-05-16, 18:42
Well ive looked into it, and my box is definitely not what i thought :/

The front display is just 1 blue LED, no text can be displayed on it.
There is no little fan on the back and the flap for the cards has no magnets its a cheap catch thing.

So i contacted the person i bought it off, and he confirmed its fake by giving me a website to get the images off...looks Chinese to me :/

When i bought the box it came pre loaded with an image, which i didnt touch for 12 months as it was setup to receive a subscription service.
Its only since this run out and i decided to set it up myself to do my own thing, ive hit problems.

The moral of this story, for anyone reading this because their box keeps crashing, is that your box may not be what you think.
You may be putting Vu+ Solo 2 images on your box, but it wont work unless thats exactly what box you have ;)
I paid £200 for a fake box and for the same price could have bought a genuine one!

Thats what im doing now, ill buy a real one and sell this.
Only difference is, i will sell it to someone and tell them its a clone!!!

I think there is a lesson to be learned here :rolleyes: