PDA

View Full Version : Nas Drive Not Visable In VU+

psionguy
02-01-11, 12:23
Are there any experts on mounting a NAS drive in the VU+? I have been trying for some time to get access to my Etrayz Nas Drive, but to date have failed. I have found the drive on Network Browser and it appears to be mounted, but when I look for it in Media player it is not visible.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

silverfox0786
02-01-11, 13:13
you need to mount in in network browser in the duo first then it will be seen in folder

/media/net/

Stanman
02-01-11, 13:37
it some times disappears. I had a ready nas and just had to click on update and it was back in media player.

Its the 2nd option IIRC in the network mount option.

psionguy
02-01-11, 18:20
Thanks guys for you replies. The problem is that I have mounted the NAS drive in my VU +, but I can not see it in any directory, there must be some other setting which needs to be changed.

My streamer picks the VU+ with no problems and I can play recorded films on it, but the VU+ it does not see the NAS mount :confused:

Stanman
02-01-11, 18:32
There is also a setting in the VI menu - will have a look later if you haven't fied it by than.

psionguy
02-01-11, 18:46
In Mounts editor I have the following settings:-

Active: Enable
Local Share Name: Ray_Etrayz
Mount Type: NFS Share
Server IP: has the correct NAS IP
Server Share: home/public
Use as HDD replacment: no
Mount options: rw,nolock

Does this inforation help?

thegringo
09-01-11, 00:37
vix 1.3 image

on your etrayz home page goto setting / services / nfs and allow vu+ ip address
on the box menu/setup/system/network/ network browers/rescan choose etrayz username and password not needed.

hope this helps
thegringo

psionguy
09-01-11, 12:05
Problem sorted, if anyone has both a Etrayz Nas drive and a VU+ with network problems I would be happy to help.

psionguy
09-01-11, 12:57
vix 1.3 image

on your etrayz home page goto setting / services / nfs and allow vu+ ip address
on the box menu/setup/system/network/ network browers/rescan choose etrayz username and password not needed.

hope this helps
thegringo

Hi thegringo, and appresiate your reply. I did try that, but still did not work for me. So I changed to CIFS format in VU+ and in my Etrayz I went into service / CIFS and in sharing mode ticked public mode and then public disk, rescan in my VU+ and bingo it was there and working.

Are you using Etrayz and VU+ also?