PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] Converting from Autobouquets-E2 to ABM

Rayne
07-05-16, 21:55
Firstly - very sorry if this is already on the forum.

I've always used Autobouquets-E2. The version of E2-AB i'm using (160202) doesn't sort out the problem with channel numbers (ie: 101 is BBC Alba etc). I read on the forum that using the preinstalled ABM will resolve this issue.

I'm not very intelligent & have no idea how to use ABM. Would someone be kind enough to share their config settings/tutorial for me to use & replicate ABM? Ideally, I don't want to have to FTP any files and just download the correct bouquets via ABM.

I'm using Vix 3.2 037 and the preinstalled ABM version is 2.0+git1604.

Below is a screenshot of how I want ABM to generate my bouquets (ie: with channel numbers, unavailable HD channels skipped, 1st bouquet has all channels, then entertainment, movies, etc).

Thank you in advance

abu baniaz
07-05-16, 22:03
The version of ABM in your image will still have the problem. To get the numbers, you will have to FTP one file.

Best option is to use latest image. You can then install latest AB 28.2 from plugins download server which has the fixes or use ABM. AB 28.2 users not in England AB 28.2 and wanting to swap will need to edit the swap file.

If you no not want to upgrade image, you can download latest version of AB 28.2 or ABM.

Rayne
07-05-16, 22:16
The version of ABM in your image will still have the problem. To get the numbers, you will have to FTP one file.

Best option is to use latest image. You can then install latest AB 28.2 from plugins download server which has the fixes or use ABM. AB 28.2 users not in England AB 28.2 and wanting to swap will need to edit the swap file.

If you no not want to upgrade image, you can download latest version of AB 28.2 or ABM.

Thanks Abu. I'd prefer to remain on Vix 3.2 037 as it runs perfectly.

The latest AB 28.2 (2nd Feb version) is the one I'm using and it doesn't seem to fix the problem - Unless i'm doing something wrong? below is a screenshot of my settings - are they correct?

If I FTP one file, will I need to do it everytime I run ABM or will it patch the issue for future channel updates from ABM?

Thanks again Abu - very grateful for your help.

abu baniaz
07-05-16, 22:27
02 Feb is not latest version. Download from download thread, make sure you go to last post.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45289-Lraizer-s-UKCVS-Autobouquets-28-2-%28Satellite%29&p=400441&viewfull=1#post400441

Your scan mode is wrong, you should be using "Available HD" if you do not want to see the unavailable HD channels.

With regards to ABM, the file will only need to be transferred once. But no point discussing that if you don't want to change images.

Rayne
07-05-16, 23:23
Abu you beautiful man!!! Problem is fixed - thank you very much!

Just a suggestion - perhaps we could get the latest ABM 28.8/ABM on to the feeds for older images so other users with the same problem can resolve. I guess it's unlikely as legacy images aren't updated, but no harm in asking.

Anyways - thank you very much :-D