PDA

View Full Version : Edison mini

scottmcmullan8
07-05-16, 10:37
Hi all

Thinking of buying the edison mini but wanted to know if it can be set up to record to a NAS.

I have my own NAS set up and as the mini doesn't have option for mountable hdd was wondering has anyone managed to do this with it?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Sicilian
07-05-16, 17:50
Yes it can using mount manager like other e2 receivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottmcmullan8
08-05-16, 10:41
Thanks. Have u much experience of the edison boxes and are they a good set up ? I have had a nano t3 but moved into my own place now and left the t3 for my family. I really liked it was recommend it on here. Just like to try different types of boxes.

Sicilian
08-05-16, 11:52
Great box and spec for the price.

scottmcmullan8
22-05-16, 22:31
Great box and spec for the price.

Yeah I think it does look it. I just don't know what to go for. Purchasing next week after pay day but in 3 minds. Cheaper option of edison mini twin sat, mid range option of another nano 3t or else a super and then the solo 2 is the slightly over budget option but they are quality. Decisions decisions. [emoji16] [emoji16] [emoji16]

BubbleBalls
23-05-16, 23:12
I've used Vu, Octogon, Gigablue and a few more I can't remember. Edision OS mini is now in my kitchen and mounted to the sitting room GB Quad HD using the built in wifi adaptor. It also pulls the Saorview streams from the bedroom box - It is a little flyer - highly recommended. Unbelievable spec v price.

Andy_Hazza
23-05-16, 23:52
Just a shame now internal hdd option.