PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] sound drifting out of sync

techcareuk
05-05-16, 08:40
Hi,
I have a VU+ Duo2 and an Extrend ET8000 and both seem to have the same problem, both are connected to home cinema amps via optical cables (the VU+Duo2 is connected to a Sharerwood 7090 and the Extrend is connected to a Denon AVR4306)

the sound is often out of sync, it seems to drift, I have tried to set the delay's in setup\system\AV settings but while setting it to -30 resolves an out of sync channel for a short time soon after goes out of sync and restoring it to 0 again resolves it for a short time.

The Extrend was a new box in Feb so the image is fresh and the VU+ has been flashed with 3.2 and with settings restore so I have answered both yes to * Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore? and * Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?

any advice much appreciated.

techcareuk
06-05-16, 22:40
Hi,
I have a VU+ Duo2 and an Extrend ET8000 and both seem to have the same problem, both are connected to home cinema amps via optical cables (the VU+Duo2 is connected to a Sharerwood 7090 and the Extrend is connected to a Denon AVR4306)

the sound is often out of sync, it seems to drift, I have tried to set the delay's in setup\system\AV settings but while setting it to -30 resolves an out of sync channel for a short time soon after goes out of sync and restoring it to 0 again resolves it for a short time.

The Extrend was a new box in Feb so the image is fresh and the VU+ has been flashed with 3.2 and with settings restore so I have answered both yes to * Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore? and * Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?

any advice much appreciated.

Hi, anyone having similar audio sync issues?
there are tumble weeds getting blown round this thread......

Flyingpig
06-05-16, 23:42
Yeah,,, I have an ET 9000 and it often goes out of sync.... I like you, then amend the sync setting and no sooner it changed again.

It also happens on recordings on my box as well - not sure if that may help nail the issue down.

FP.

twol
07-05-16, 06:31
I have had & have a bunch of Xtrend receivers that are conncted to Onkyo receivers of various ages via hdmi and they only go out of sync when there is an issue with the specific channel program (ITV is the normal culprit) and the issue is also replicated on my "other" receiver ..... so perhaps an issue with optical? (On the "other receiver things improved when hdmi for Dolby was eventually supported and I changed from optical to hdmi.)