PDA

View Full Version : VERY confused...

olddroid59
03-05-16, 21:09
A lot I don't understand here...
First of all, with a Solo 4K and a SatCR-LNB, single cable to one tuner, who many channels can I receive/record? Minimum 1, 2, 4 or 8?

psykix
03-05-16, 21:16
With a Unicable LNB, seven.

daz450
03-05-16, 21:22
How would this work without 7 tuners? can 1 tuner with unicable record 7 channels?

Andy_Hazza
03-05-16, 21:28
Not all Unicable LNBs, all dependant on which one you go for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
03-05-16, 21:31
I have an Inverto Unicable II (JESS) LNB, one feed, Unicable splitter feeding 2x Vu+ Solo 4Ks and I can recording 7 channels on each receiver all on different transponders. The beauty of FBC tuners. [emoji4]

olddroid59
03-05-16, 21:31
I have this LNB: http://www.gt-sat.com/product/GT-S1SCR4/24
My plan was that I should use this LNB for 1 west, as I use this position 99.99% of the time. In addition to this I will use 3 quad-lnb's on a diseq with 4.8, 13 and 19.2 east.
So with this set-up I can see/record AT LEAST 4 channels on 1 west?

Andy_Hazza
03-05-16, 21:36
I have this LNB: http://www.gt-sat.com/product/GT-S1SCR4/24

That lets you record 4 channels + a legacy port would let you add another, so your setup would be Unicable feed to tuner a and legacy feed into tuner b or if you had a motorised dish you could have that in tuner b.

daz450
03-05-16, 21:50
New to this. What are FBC tuners and how do they work?

Andy_Hazza
03-05-16, 21:56
The Vu+ Solo 4K has Dual FBC (Full Band Capture) tuners which can allow up to 8 satellite signals, obviously dependant on your setup, I.e. Type of unicable LNB etc.

daz450
03-05-16, 21:59
would this work on the duo2?

abu baniaz
03-05-16, 22:02
There is a long thread about the solo 4k.

Basically,
A conventional LNB only allows usage of one quadrant.
An FBC tuner allows all 4.

With a single tuner receiver and a conventional LNB, you can comfortably record 6 channels provided they are on the same TP. Not sure if anyone has put the solo 4k through the paces using a unicable LNB. I would imagine as many as the bus/hdd speed allows. Maybe 30.

I am not very well versed unicable LNBs, so if one of the experts offers a differing view, please disregard my post.

abu baniaz
03-05-16, 22:04
would this work on the duo2?
You can use a unicable LNB on a Duo2. Yo wont benefit with additional recordings. All you will get is ability to use one wire from LNB and use splitters. You cannot use splitters on normal LNBs

daz450
03-05-16, 22:15
ok kool thanks, are there any FBC tuners available for cable?

olddroid59
03-05-16, 22:25
OK, now I'm up to date with yhis info. Then comes the next... I tried a lot with the 4K yesterday. I tried a lot of images. After umpten images during umpten hours, the tuner will not boot any more. It stops at the first screen. I have lett it stay for 2-3 hours, but nothing happens. And no help with a USB with no image, as it don't boot till the update. How can I solve this? Is there a way of making a hard reset?

Trial
04-05-16, 07:45
Hi,

ok kool thanks, are there any FBC tuners available for cable?
no. Or not yet nobody knows.

ciao

Andy_Hazza
04-05-16, 08:29
OK, now I'm up to date with yhis info. Then comes the next... I tried a lot with the 4K yesterday. I tried a lot of images. After umpten images during umpten hours, the tuner will not boot any more. It stops at the first screen. I have lett it stay for 2-3 hours, but nothing happens. And no help with a USB with no image, as it don't boot till the update. How can I solve this? Is there a way of making a hard reset?

ViX is the best image by a country mile. I have tried them all.
What do you mean the 'tuner' will not boot anymore?
Extract the latest ViX image onto a cleanly formatted fat32 usb stick, insert to the front usb port, turn off at the rear rocker switch then back on again, when prompted press the ok button on the front of the receiver where the usb port is.