PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] Timer conflicts with OpenWebif streaming

jukkal2
03-05-16, 16:53
Apparently having recordings set to have priority over live watching doesn't affect streaming over OpenWebif.
Last night I tried to add a timer to a movie, but it failed because timer conflicts when I already had timers reserving all tuners.
I started streaming the movie to my pc screen with OpenWebif, intending to stop before the last of the timers start. But I forgot to close the stream, and it continued showing the movie.

After closing the stream, I noticed that OpenWebif didn't respond to any controls. The receiver was on standby, showing on the front panel that all tuners were in use, even though there should only have been the last timer recording running. It didn't respond to the power swiches, I tried both the switch on the front panel and the one on the remote.

After waiting until the last timer recording should have finished, I turned it off and on using the rocker swithch on the back.
There was no recording saved for the timer that should have started last (and unfortunately it was the only one that doesn't seem to have a re-run). The other ones that were running when the last one should have started, had been running until I switched the device off, and so were longer than expected, but at least the other recordings were fine.
No log was created, which wasn't surprising since there was no actual crash, the receiver just stopped responding to any controls.

It would be a good idea to have the recording priority option also override streaming when all tuners are busy. (Or is there another option for that?)