PDA

View Full Version : Problem with openvix-4.0.002.release-vuduo2_usb and DHCP

nietzsche1979
03-05-16, 08:18
Hello guys,
I recently installed the openvix-4.0.002.release-vuduo2_usb version of OpenVix on my Vu + Duo 2.
Everything was fine until when, yesterday suddenly the network configuration has had problems with DHCP:
I had a configuration with DHCP and in my router I associated the MAC address of the VU + Duo 2 what must take automatically. The configuration as said until yesterday had no problems, but then all of a sudden while I changed the channel stopped going, and as the only solution to get it going in the net I had to disable DHCP and set a FIXED IP. Has anyone had the same problem or a similar problem? I also wonder why such a thing had happened to me (with DHCP stopped working suddenly) also an older version of OPENVIX, but that time I had reflashato to the new version.

Now with the static IP goes into the net, but I do not know why he stopped going IPTV, OSCAM while CCCAM goes!
- IPTV does not recognize the ip of the "provider", while seated on a phone goes, so it is a problem of the decoder;
- Oscam me from all servers "" disconnected and even with freecsD can not fix
- Cccam instead goes smoothly.

Just for completeness, I configured CrossEPG to download 4 am, but last night, a few hours before the crash, I found the latch decoder (in the panel gave the hours of 4 am) I just blocked by CrossEPG, and
I cycled to restart the decoder (the on / off button located on the back of the decoder).

Now as usual I can reflash and maybe put the latest version, but I wanted to see if others have experienced similar problems, with the OPENVIX have never managed to stay quiet for more than a few weeks, and I do not understand why, I would stay "faithful" to this, but I would also configure it without problems.

Some idea?
Thank you very much in advance.

twol
03-05-16, 10:38
In my view ( :) ) I would always use a static ip (having. Multiple receivers I like to know wherethey are :) ) . In fact apart from my PC,s most of my gear uses static ip so that its easier to set up (I control everything from an Ipad).
Using a static IP is easier than messing around with mac addresses.

2stein
03-05-16, 10:48
static ip or dhcp shouldn't make a functional difference. however, when you set up a static ip you also have to set up a name server ip. this can be a real nameserver ip address or the address of your router.