PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Remotes - Amiko on Edision/Technomate?

Partymack711
02-05-16, 22:48
Hi,

I'm wondering about using different remotes on different boxes.

I have an Edision OS3+, and I hate the remote, it's light and cheep feeling. It's same remote as Technonate Nano 3T.

Best remote I've used so far is the one for Amiko Alien 2. It's weighty, nice size and shape and feels robust.

So is there any possibility of using the Amiko remote on the Edision box? I'm sure they all use their own standards, but would love to hear that there is similarities or possibilities.

Anyone any ideas here?

TK4|2|1
03-05-16, 06:25
Logitech harmony touch is what you desire.

abu baniaz
03-05-16, 06:33
They use the standard. On the Wetek images, you can select which remote you use. TM, GI, GB, Mutant, Xtrend, among others are selectable. They use the AMremote plugin.

Not sure why we do not include it or better still LiRC which would allow even more remotes to be used. Would need some kernel config options to be changed. Above my knowledge set.

Partymack711
04-05-16, 07:49
Thanks Abu, it'd be a cool configurable feature - especially for those with the lousy out of the box remote like I'm using.

TK4 - I'll check that remote out, will it work with Edision?

Andy_Hazza
04-05-16, 08:19
Thanks Abu, it'd be a cool configurable feature - especially for those with the lousy out of the box remote like I'm using.

TK4 - I'll check that remote out, will it work with Edision?

Yeah it will. Logitec are pretty good.

Partymack711
04-05-16, 15:30
From memory of looking at some settings on Vix I think it has one called 'inputs' and on my system shows an icon of a remote and labels it 'force 10 native'. It's not possible to put a new driver in here for whatever remote you prefer then?