PDA

View Full Version : Timeshift not possible / Tuner failed

jmcg85
02-05-16, 20:19
I have a sat reciever but more and more often I'm getting errors (using openvix)

The two most common are

Timeshift not possible and Tuner failed.

Any ideas why I'm getting these or how to solve it.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ashley69
02-05-16, 20:28
Have you set your time shift setting to your HDD

Sicilian
02-05-16, 20:37
Motorised dish? Timeshift enabled?

abu baniaz
02-05-16, 20:52
I am presuming you have set timeshift to start automatically. If you have failed to tune, logically, timeshift is not possible. Actually, viewing of said channel isn't either. Root problem is tune failed.

What is your dish setup in terms of hardware?

jmcg85
14-05-16, 18:50
sorry for the delay...I actually don't really use the feature just now as don't have an HDD for it yet. I'll disable timeshift just now. nope it's not a motorised dish.

jmcg85
14-05-16, 19:03
sorry for the delay...I actually don't really use the feature just now as don't have an HDD for it yet. I'll disable timeshift just now. nope it's not a motorised dish.

but still randomly getting the Error Tune Failed! now and again. What would cause this?

jmcg85
14-05-16, 19:04
I am presuming you have set timeshift to start automatically. If you have failed to tune, logically, timeshift is not possible. Actually, viewing of said channel isn't either. Root problem is tune failed.

What is your dish setup in terms of hardware?
Just my old sky dish...channels play fine then now and again the tune failed message pops up.

abu baniaz
14-05-16, 19:23
Sorry, should have been more specific.

How many tuners do you have on your rceiver?
For each tuner, is the signal wire connected to the LNB directly or doe sit go through a switch/combiner etc?
How many ports does your LNB have?
Are any other devices connected to the LNB/dish?

jmcg85
14-05-16, 20:26
It's a combo box but I've disabled the second tuner (a cable one) so only use tuner A. The cable that comes from my dish is a double cable but I only have one connected into the box... (although both are connected into the lnb). The LNB looks like it has 4 ports but the middle 2 aren't in use.

abu baniaz
14-05-16, 20:35
Of the two cables coming into the house from LNB. Swap them round. This may or may not fix issue.

jmcg85
14-05-16, 20:54
Of the two cables coming into the house from LNB. Swap them round. This may or may not fix issue.
okay thanks. I'll give that a go.