PDA

View Full Version : Macpro or Macbook Air

duoduo
02-05-16, 12:28
Hi guys,

I think I have finally decided to move over to Apple for my computing needs, work and home. Having used windows for the all of my computing life, the prospect is quite daunting. I have been impressed so much with my Apple ipad air purchased just over 12 months ago, plus my children are using Macs at school so I need to get up to speed on the future. I have narrowed my needs down to 2 products (in the title) and this is where your help would be very much appreciated. My main needs are for work so 8 plus hours of use each day. If anyone can point out for me which one offers the best all round much appreciated.

Ashley69
02-05-16, 13:10
Have a look at this. I may help. Good video comparison. http://www.macworld.co.uk/review/mac-laptops/which-macbook-13in-air-or-pro-comparison-review-video-apple-laptop-2016-3481192/
I have never looked back since moving to a Macbook Air. Windows is now a swear word.(although some will disagree)

duoduo
02-05-16, 19:11
Thanks Ashley, I think I'm decided on the Macbook Pro Retina. Do you know if you can migrate from a windows pc to Mac?

Ashley69
02-05-16, 19:15
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204087 This should make it easy.

duoduo
02-05-16, 19:59
Thanks for this mate, looks really straightforward..

imish
03-05-16, 21:00
have you checked out the macbook 12?

I prefer it over the Air and Pro series.

duoduo
04-05-16, 07:10
No i haven't, thanks for the recommendation I'll take a look now

Ashley69
04-05-16, 10:58
have you checked out the macbook 12?

I prefer it over the Air and Pro series.

Nice machine but not up to spec of the PRO. Also you have to buy the extra connectors for its USB C port.

duoduo
04-05-16, 15:51
Yes, I have to agree.. I am set on the Pro as it's more suited to what I am looking for. I know that if I went with the Macbook 12, I will have regrets so I am going learn from past mistakes.

imish
05-05-16, 21:09
Yes, I have to agree.. I am set on the Pro as it's more suited to what I am looking for. I know that if I went with the Macbook 12, I will have regrets so I am going learn from past mistakes.

I went for it due to its size, weight and it being fanless - much smaller than the Air.

like Ash says - depends what you plan to use it for.

pspmixer
27-05-16, 12:09
i have just recieveda macbook pro as a present, i had my heart set on a air but when compared them both the air had more better performance over the air, yes the is light and take any where but i feel for a extra few pounds you get more bang for your buck with the pro. i have dual booted my pro already only had it two days and gives me the option to use windows 10 and mac os on same laptop. i would recommend the pro as you can overclock the proccessor to make the pro more powerful than most laptops. hope this gives you a another option to help you go for the pro.:thumbsup:

rossi2000
27-06-16, 13:16
just waiting for new models to arrive and i think i will be getting a pro aswell.
maybe even 2015 pro if the price drops enough.