PDA

View Full Version : Hotbird (13E) & Astra (28.2E) from one fixed dish. Best method?

danlou
01-05-16, 20:18
Hi

I have a 60cm dish currently pointing to Hotbird. I would like to add the option of picking up Astra 28.2 channels.
I will be buying another receiver and another lnb. Is there a suitable bracket that I can buy?

I have seen this from WoS but that's 4 lnb bracket , i only need 2 http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Satellite-dish-accessories-brackets-and-holders/Technomate-Triax-Multi-4-Way-LNB-Holder-bracket

Is there anything I need to be aware of when installing the bracket?

thanks

Sicilian
02-05-16, 06:14
That bracket will fit Triax or Technomate dishes. 60cm will be too small for hotbird and Astra 28.2, you'll need at least an 80cm dish, assuming you are UK based that is.

danlou
02-05-16, 10:27
That bracket will fit Triax or Technomate dishes. 60cm will be too small for hotbird and Astra 28.2, you'll need at least an 80cm dish, assuming you are UK based that is.

Thanks , I think it's a 60 or 70cm dish. Will 0.1lnb help if dish is 60cm?

Another question. If i was to use just one twin-tuner receiver instead of planned two receivers will the current Vix image handle two seperate satellites in terms of EPG and autobqouets maker?

thanks

twol
02-05-16, 12:05
Thanks , I think it's a 60 or 70cm dish. Will 0.1lnb help if dish is 60cm?

Another question. If i was to use just one twin-tuner receiver instead of planned two receivers will the current Vix image handle two seperate satellites in terms of EPG and autobqouets maker?

thanks
Q1. No you can take the 0.1 as marketing hype ...the dish size IS important
Q2. Yes - ref ABM depends which countries on 19.2 E you are thinking of?

danlou
02-05-16, 15:05
Q1. No you can take the 0.1 as marketing hype ...the dish size IS important
Q2. Yes - ref ABM depends which countries on 19.2 E you are thinking of?

1. ok thanks
2. thats good news. I would like 28.2 sly on one tuner and 13E Italian FTA on other tuner. So my setup the set up will ultimately be:
fixed dish
two seperate lnbs on a bracket with
edison os-mini to be purchased from WoS :) with one lnb input into tuner A (28.2), other input into Tuner B (13E) running latest Vix image

I hope the above scenario will work as I can make the old Darkbox 2007 redundant. If it does work, how do i seamlessly switch between the two different satellites and how will the EPG know what to bring up?

thanks

Sicilian
02-05-16, 15:13
You really need minimum of 80cm dish to work with both lnb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cachaciero
02-05-16, 15:27
Why two receivers OR wasting one tuner on each LNB? A DISEQ switch is your friend two (or more!) LNB's into one tuner. Reckon a 70 cm dish is pushing it 80cm no problem.

danlou
02-05-16, 15:46
ok i will ensure that's 80cm dish.

Alright, not familar with DISEQ. So I can still have one tuner receiver effectively split between two satellites. sounds a cheaper option. Will still go for OS-mini. So how eas is it within Vix Image to flick between 13E and 28E? Will there be a delay of any kind?
thanks

cachaciero
02-05-16, 16:34
Yes using a DISEQ switch you can switch between upto four LNB's There is no noticeable delay when changing LNB's The switching is taken care of automagically within the receiver, when you set up the tuner you configure it for DISEQ switches and when you configure the satellites you specify which port of the switch they are on.
However if you intend to use the ability to record / time-shift programmes then you would well advised to go for a twin tuner box, with LNB's that have dual outputs and two switches one to each tuner, that way it will allow you to watch one satellite while recording from the other. More expense I know but not a lot for the added flexibility it will give you.

twol
02-05-16, 16:38
ok i will ensure that's 80cm dish.

Alright, not familar with DISEQ. So I can still have one tuner receiver effectively split between two satellites. sounds a cheaper option. Will still go for OS-mini. So how eas is it within Vix Image to flick between 13E and 28E? Will there be a delay of any kind?
thanks
e.g. I have 2 dishes (28.2E & 19.2E) and 2 Lnb's (so not really that different from what you are proposing) connected basically by DiSeqC switching to my tuners.
Provided you set them up correctly (which is pretty straight forward) you should not notice to which Lnb you are connected - it should be transparent, just choose the channel and the hardware/software does the rest :).
Choosing 2 tuners gives you more capability to watch and record :)

danlou
02-05-16, 21:33
Thanks for the responses. If I'm having one tuner switching between 2 satellites how will my EPG set up? Will I be able to have SLY and Tivusat listings?

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
02-05-16, 21:45
Don't get Channel list/Favourites mixed up with EPG. How you have your favourites does not matter. You can have separate groups or you can combine them. All you have to do is select the channel you want.

danlou
02-05-16, 23:48
Don't get Channel list/Favourites mixed up with EPG. How you have your favourites does not matter. You can have separate groups or you can combine them. All you have to do is select the channel you want.

What about boquets and channel position? if i run Autoboquetsmaker and then go to sports , will i have all Sl channels from 28.2 and then those from 13E or can i have a boquest made up of Tivusat? i think once i get i will have a tinker.... :)

judge
03-05-16, 00:06
What about boquets and channel position? if i run Autoboquetsmaker and then go to sports , will i have all Sl channels from 28.2 and then those from 13E or can i have a boquest made up of Tivusat? i think once i get i will have a tinker.... :)

Use ABM in expert mode, add provider prefix to bouquets.
It will all become pretty obvious then.