PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Duo 2 versus VU+ Solo 2

digicell
01-05-16, 14:51
Hi All,

I need some advice as I a little unsure on whether to purchase the VU+Duo 2 or the VU+ Solo 2 box.

I noticed the satellite connections on these are different and of course the price but can someone confirm which one is most like the VU+ Duo box. I know the VU+ Duo boxes are no longer available but if I have a standad Satellite dish which i currently plug into the VU + Duo box then which ones of these two boxes would be most suitable?

I assume the software can be installed similarly like the VU+Duo on both these boxes

I would greatly appreciate any support / advice on this as I wish to buy but want to make sure prior to purchasing

Thanks

Andy_Hazza
01-05-16, 15:33
Both are great receivers. The Vu+ Solo2 is a cracking receiver, the Vu+ Duo2 is a great receiver, but the latter has more flash memory. Btw the connections are the same these as they are on your Vu+ Duo. The Vu+ Duo2 has a coloured LCD screen also and can add additional tuners if you wanted more feeds to the box. Depends what you want out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

digicell
01-05-16, 18:24
Hi, thanks for the reply. The price difference is quite significant.

Is there a reason why the VU+ Duo 2 is more ? What would you say is the other notable differences.

In terms of the Vix image is this reliable on both images?

Thanks for confirming two satellite feeds from 1 dish can connect to both boxes just like the VU Duo offers

Ashley69
01-05-16, 18:38
There are many differences between these boxes.The VU+Duo 2 has Bigger and Better processer. Bigger and Better Flash memory. 1x GB lan port, transcoding and a host of other features. Do a compare on the WOS website.
Vix in my opinion is the best image full stop and it works perfectly on both these boxes

Andy_Hazza
01-05-16, 18:41
I personally love the Vu+ Solo2 and the remote is gorgeous (Universal remote). It has 2 fixed tuners and only way to expand is to add a usb tuner. It has 256MB flash memory, still a good 1.3GHz processor. Only takes a 2.5" HDD though. The Vu+ Duo2 has option to have four fixed tuners and you can also expand to add a usb tuner also. It has a 1.3GHz Dual core processor with 1GB flash memory and option to either use a 2.5" HDD or 3.5" HDD. Colour LCD screen. The only negative I have of the Vu+ Duo2 is the remote, but only a little gripe and can be replaced with the better Universal remote (Vu+ Solo2).
Both are fantastic receivers and the Vu+ Duo2 would serve you well for a few years, but so would the Vu+ Solo2!
ViX are running good on both receivers and both can have Kodi running on them if you wanted that! [emoji4]

digicell
01-05-16, 18:52
Thanks, i will go for the VIX solo 2. How would I go about installing Kodi?

With the solo 2 is it the same process to setup the box - e.g. Do automatic scan of all channels, use dreambox to configure how one would like etc?

Andy_Hazza
01-05-16, 19:08
Personally I would use ABM (ViX's AutoBouquetsMaker), this will give you your channels I.e. If you want Sky UK 28.2 channels ABM can do that for you. Also CrossEPG and using OpenTV with that will give you your 7 day guide. Kodi can be installed from the plugin feeds and can be located in Extensions and is called "vuplus-kodi". You can install various skins I.e. Confluence to give you the Kodi feel, or the YouViX-Blue to give you a BT YouView feel etc. Loads to choose from.
You won't be disappointed with the Vu+ Solo2. [emoji1360]

obo110x
01-05-16, 19:24
Got to agree with the above comments, the Solo 2 is an excellent box. Got mine the other week from the sponsor after having a Duo for a number of years. The speed is great and the picture quality is superb. Hooked up to a 4k TV and I get 1080p on all channels (that I've watched). Didn't realise the remote was Universal will have to try and figure that out as nothing in the instruction book about it!

Andy_Hazza
01-05-16, 19:31
Got to agree with the above comments, the Solo 2 is an excellent box. Got mine the other week from the sponsor after having a Duo for a number of years. The speed is great and the picture quality is superb. Hooked up to a 4k TV and I get 1080p on all channels (that I've watched). Didn't realise the remote was Universal will have to try and figure that out as nothing in the instruction book about it!

What TV do you have? When I get home later I will give you some instructions.

digicell
01-05-16, 20:10
Thanks

obo110x
02-05-16, 19:05
What TV do you have? When I get home later I will give you some instructions.

It's an LG Andy so already have the magic remote but that doesn't seem to work with all functions on the Solo 2