PDA

View Full Version : OpenVix Custom EPG

bbbuk
30-04-16, 20:28
For those that keep asking, the following is taken from another forum:-

OpenVix Custom EPG

This plugin allows you to:-

Re-assign/customise the 4 coloured key options (Red, Green, Yellow & Blue) within the Graphical EPG of OpenVix
Display channel numbers within graphical EPG
Allow entering and switching to a channel within Graphical EPG **

HOW TO CHANGE COLOURED BUTTON OPTIONS WITHIN EPG:

Menu > Setup > System > EPG > Graphical EPG settings
Scroll down and select the coloured button you wish to change (ie "Red button") and choose, from available options, what you wish the button to do.
Press <Green> button on remote to save settings

HOW TO DISPLAY CHANNEL NUMBERS WITHIN EPG:

Under "Service Title Mode", choose an option that includes channel number
Under "Use Channel Numbers from First Bouquet", select the main bouquet (normally "All Channels").

HOW TO ALLOW ENTERING AND SWITCHING TO A CHANNEL WITHIN EPG:**

Under "Use ZapTo Channel", select 'Yes'

** This option has to be support by the skin. Currently, only Red-HD, Blue-HD and VixBMC 1080 Confluence Skins are supported. These skins have to be pre-installed prior to installing this plugin to work.

NOTICE:
I recommend making a full image backup of your current image before installing this custom EPG mod plugin.

This should work on most enigma2 boxes running recent OpenVix image.

This plugin makes a backup of key original EPG files before installation and providing there were no errors, these key original EPG files are restored upon removal of this plugin.

PRE-REQUISITE (These are IMPORTANT):

Recent OpenVix image (currently 4.1/4.0/3.3)
If required, Blue-HD skin installed and setup before installing this plugin; and/or
If required, Red-HD skin installed and setup before installing this plugin.

HOW IT WILL LOOK:
Below are some screenshots of how the setup should look depending on whether Blue-HD or Red-HD skin has been installed from within the image plugin feeds:-

http://i.imgur.com/5ueGjzh.gif

(screenshot is of Blue-HD only)

HOW TO INSTALL:

Please make a full backup of your current image first.
Using FTP (eg FileZilla), ftp this file over to "/tmp" on your box.
Using telnet, type "opkg install /tmp/*.ipk" or use install local plugin option within image
Restart your box.

Version 1.16 is only for use with images upto 4.1 016. It has been adapted to be in line with the trashcan sort feature that was recently added

DISCLAIMER:
As this plugin makes slight modifications to some EPG files, menu options and skins, it's therefore possible that this plugin can cause your system to crash or worse-case cause a boot-loop due to new changes OpenVix/OE-A alliance team may make after this plugin has been released.

Although it's rare that these EPG files may be changed, it's still possible. I will update beginning of this thread with current image I've tested upto. Therefore, if using on a newer version that I haven't tested then please be cautious and ensure you have backed-up your image first.

Thanks to the various people involved especially Matt & DarkDreamingDan. I would like to thank anyone else involved.

bbbuk
30-04-16, 20:28
Mod EDIT:
Duplicated post for keeping older versions

judge
01-05-16, 00:34
Nice plugin, only real issues so far:

** This option has to be support by the skin. Currently, only Red-HD, Blue-HD and VixBMC 1080 Confluence Skins are supported. These skins have to be pre-installed prior to installing this plugin to work.
As it kills default skin with bsod, can't those files be backed-up, replaced too with working files on install?

Huevos
01-05-16, 01:10
As it kills default skin with bsod, can't those files be backed-up, replaced too with working files on install?No. Because every time the skin is updated the BSoD would return.

judge
01-05-16, 01:16
No. Because every time the skin is updated the BSoD would return.
Good reason not to have it in feeds so?

TK4|2|1
01-05-16, 06:46
What are the options for each coloured button? What about CH+&CH-, can these be changed?

abu baniaz
01-05-16, 08:55
See the graphical epg mod thread.

bbbuk
01-05-16, 09:37
@judge,

My mistake, I added the default skin to list of supported skins after I took it from the forum I got it from. I have asked for my first post to be amended with original plugin which I tested and was fine.

@TK4|2|1
The list of available coloured key options are:
Add/Remove Timer
24+ Hours
24- Hours
IMDB search
Bouquet List
Show Movies List
Record - same as record button
Goto Date/Timer
EPG search

This mod changes the ch+/- so that it scrolls up/down the channels.

TK4|2|1
01-05-16, 10:39
@TK4|2|1
The list of available coloured key options are:
Add/Remove Timer
24+ Hours
24- Hours
IMDB search
Bouquet List
Show Movies List
Record - same as record button
Goto Date/Timer
EPG search

This mod changes the ch+/- so that it scrolls up/down the channels.

This is brilliant news, just what I've been waiting for on vix image.
Just to confirm, it won't work on youvix skins?

Andy_Hazza
01-05-16, 10:51
I'd like to give it a try but my skin is YouViX-Blue. Will it work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbbuk
01-05-16, 10:59
Just to confirm, it won't work on youvix skins?It's only the "Allowing of entering and switching to a channel within Graphical EPG" that is dependent upon skin being modded to allow it to work. Other features will work regardless including customising coloured key options.

Here is the original plugin that worked when I tested it. The one originally posted has a problem due to it trying to mod the default skin which conflicted with that plugin.

Sicilian
01-05-16, 11:18
It's only the "Allowing of entering and switching to a channel within Graphical EPG" that is dependent upon skin being modded to allow it to work. Other features will work regardless including customising coloured key options.

Here is the original plugin that worked when I tested it. The one originally posted has a problem due to it trying to mod the default skin which conflicted with that plugin.

Shall we replace attachment in first post?

bbbuk
01-05-16, 11:35
Shall we replace attachment in first post?If you could that would be great. I had PM'd a mod but they haven't been on since lol.

bbbuk
01-05-16, 11:39
I'd like to give it a try but my skin is YouViX-Blue. Will it work?See my post #10. Only some features are dependent upon skin being modded to allow it to work.

As you know Vix has a lot of skins so it would be a time consuming processes to go through them all.

Partymack711
01-05-16, 12:16
Hi,

two questions:

1. Does this EPG mod also have the Bouquet names displayed as tabs along the top?

2. Will it affect powertimes - the other epg mod seems to affect powertimers.

Thanks.

Huevos
01-05-16, 12:17
Just to be clear... this plugin:

1) Extends the function of the GEPG without changes to GEPG files?

2) Or it hacks the GEPG files?

Sicilian
01-05-16, 12:18
First post updated with latest.

twol
01-05-16, 12:47
Just to be clear... this plugin:

1) Extends the function of the GEPG without changes to GEPG files?

2) Or it hacks the GEPG files?

Looks like it changes/replaces epglist.py UsageConfig.py EpgSelection.py Infobar.py data/setup.xml and element(s) of the 3 skins, which is why it needs the skins there 1st.
Also as it adds to the config, these will be carried over in a settings backup

rossi2000
01-05-16, 13:10
can someone provide a patch ONLY for the custom buttons?

Ten Below
01-05-16, 19:26
Nice plugin, only real issues so far:

As it kills default skin with bsod, can't those files be backed-up, replaced too with working files on install?

Been using this for a few days now without any issues on the default skin, would love to see these options included in the image by default.

TK4|2|1
01-05-16, 19:56
Been using this for a few days now without any issues on the default skin, would love to see these options included in the image by default.

Here here.

Partymack711
01-05-16, 20:26
Lads,

This GEPG mod is fantastic... But have you made any improvements to the earlier mod from December last year?

The earlier mod conflicted with Powertimers after a timer recording (eg after event go to deep standby) and also general auto standby/auto deep standby.

The "a Powertimer wishes to shut down now, Y/N to allow this" mess would display but box wouldn't time out and go to standby/Deep standby.

If that big is sorted this is the skin mod to beat all skin mods!

bbbuk
01-05-16, 21:17
I wasn't aware there was a problem with this.

Can I suggest you make a full image backup and install the plugin and test it out. If any problems then uninstall it (then reboot) and it should restore the main epg files. If all else fails you can go back to your image backup you made.

Let us know how you get on?

Willmoore
02-05-16, 17:12
I installed this on my VU Zero using the Confluence skin but when I pressed epg the box crashed.

bbbuk
02-05-16, 19:48
I installed this on my VU Zero using the Confluence skin but when I pressed epg the box crashed.It looks like it's complaining of 6 parameters being passed to IsSelectable when only 5 is needed. I never had this issue on my solo2 and no one else where I got it from has mentioned anything about it.

Maybe remove plugin and this should restore original epg files and restart box and check everything is okay.

If okay, try changing skin to default skin (vix-night) and installing plugin again and see if you have same error again.

Willmoore
02-05-16, 20:14
I have un-installed the plugin and put my usual skin back on and all is good. I'll give it a go tomorrow with the default skin just to see what happens (not keen on that skin so it won't be staying).

bbbuk
02-05-16, 20:35
Just stay on that skin whilst installing plugin (then restart box after installation) to see if it crashes again. Most features can still be used regardless of skin you prefer.

Willmoore
03-05-16, 18:14
Just stay on that skin whilst installing plugin (then restart box after installation) to see if it crashes again. Most features can still be used regardless of skin you prefer.
Tried it with the default skin with the same result. :confused:
I also tried it on my Solo2 using You Vix Blue and it also crashed :confused:
So, problem with the file ? doubt it, as other users are okay.
Operator error ? likely - but not sure what I am doing wrong.

bbbuk
03-05-16, 18:57
@Willmoore, are you using latest version of Vix 4.1 004 ? I have no problems on my solo2 installing this with latest version.

If it's an old version then I can't comment for that personally as I didn't try it but it still shouldn'd be a problem unless a really old version of Vix.

Willmoore
03-05-16, 19:10
@Willmoore, are you using latest version of Vix 4.1 004 ? I have no problems on my solo2 installing this with latest version.

If it's an old version then I can't comment for that personally as I didn't try it but it still shouldn'd be a problem unless a really old version of Vix.

Using latest version on both boxes.

bbbuk
03-05-16, 19:57
Weird. Can I make a suggestion and you make an image backup of current image and a settings backup on your Solo2 and do a fresh usb flash (with no restore of settings - at least just yet) then FTP a fresh download of this plugin to your tmp folder and from telnet type:

opkg update
opkg install /tmp/*.ipk and once plugin installed, and full reboot of box (telnet command "init 6").

See if that works which I hope it does. You could then re-install your plugins from feeds again and restore your settings (if that's your preference).

twol
15-05-16, 10:32
Running my own "ViX" builds and with the ability to switch images easily through a simple restart (due to the dual image capability of the ET8500), I have this code implemented into the standard ViX code.
Although I initially thought I would be in debug mode for a few images, I have been surprised at how solid the image has been with no issues during the last week.

I also find the changes immensely productive and the use of the Epg much easier with the keys set up the way I like them.

As a keen user of OpenVix image, for the reasons that (in my view) OpenViX offers the most complete image available, and one that has a track record of being innovative, I feel that the ViX team should look at offering these changes in the base code.
It really adds value to the "average" use of the OpenViX image :)

Obviously a weeks testing by one user doesn't prove the code is 100% solid, but having run several image builds with the recent Xtrend kernel changes, and had no issues when re-flashing and restoring the settings between images, I feel the code is pretty transparent.

Note: I also have a copy of the ViX skins on my system with the epg changes implemented.

Would be interested in comments from the ViX team :)

Partymack711
15-05-16, 12:25
Twol,

Mod is great but have you found it interrupting your Powertimers?

If I do a timed record, which the box needs to wake up from deep standby, record , then go back to deep standby. it will wake up, record but won't go to deep standby. It gets caught in a loop thinking there are recordings coming up.

Also I have my box set to auto standby after 90 mins, then auto deep standby (from standby) after 30. It never gets to deep standby.

Same happening for you?

twol
15-05-16, 12:32
Twol,

Mod is great but have you found it interrupting your Powertimers?

If I do a timed record, which the box needs to wake up from deep standby, record , then go back to deep standby. it will wake up, record but won't go to deep standby. It gets caught in a loop thinking there are recordings coming up.

Also I have my box set to auto standby after 90 mins, then auto deep standby (from standby) after 30. It never gets to deep standby.

Same happening for you?
No - but I don't ever use a lot of timers - so obviously needs more testing to sort this ... but don't remember anything in the code that would cause this, so does this happen with Vanilla ViX or not???

birdman
15-05-16, 12:45
If I do a timed record, which the box needs to wake up from deep standby, record , then go back to deep standby. it will wake up, record but won't go to deep standby. It gets caught in a loop thinking there are recordings coming up.The first part of that sounds like an issue I partly looked into 5 months ago. Not sure whether it would cause the other part, though.

Take a look at this thread (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?49353-Odd-shutdown-timeshift-interaction-when-not-using-timeshift) (just one post) and follow the link in it for a solution....if that is your problem.

bbbuk
15-05-16, 12:55
The only thing I have noticed is that in epglist.py, 2 lines of code go where the namefont is reset ... haven,t followed through to see what impact this has but sticking to the OpenViX code hasn,t caused any obvious issues :)Could you provide more info on this and it will be looked at :)

@Partymack711, as mentioned by twol there is nothing obvious in the code of the modded epg files that could cause this but obviously I can't confirm this as I too don't use power timers. More testing would need to be done to determine if it was the mod files and what offending code that is/isn't their that can cause this.

dfox
26-05-16, 16:54
@Ford1, here is the latest blue-hd skin but modded with just the two lines of code needed. Can you see if this solves your bold issue?

Extract the .xml file from the archive and FTP it to:

/usr/share/enigma2/Blue-HD/ and over-write the existing file. You will need to restart box.

@Twol, I vaguely remember GEPG being bit more bold after installing this mod for blue-hd (nothing seems to change for the skin I use).

Yes, this worked and changed the font back from bold. Thanks

abu baniaz
27-05-16, 22:49
Are the following possible?
1. Remove enigma2 from depends in control file. It is not required for install and I can't imagine anyone using this on an image that does not have enigma2.
2. Add Blue HD skin as a depends. This means that you will always install the current one from plugins server
3. Try using Use epg_custom.png, else epg.png. This removes the need for one of the backing up processes.
4. Is there a possibility that the debug print comments can state that a modified version is being used. Makes it easier to diagnose issues.
5. As far as I can see, the removal process only deals with the .pyo files, not .py files. So removal is not complete. Workaround is to use .pyo files in ipk or to add the .py files in removal process

bbbuk
28-05-16, 19:10
Are the following possible?I'll answer the questions in turn...

1. Remove enigma2 from depends in control file. It is not required for install and I can't imagine anyone using this on an image that does not have enigma2I have removed this.

2. Add Blue HD skin as a depends. This means that you will always install the current one from plugins serverThe problem with this is user may not actually want Blue HD skin installed. The plugin only replaces a modded skin .xml file.

It would be easier if admin/mods were to allow these skin .xml changes to github and included in future Vix releases!?! I can confirm that using these modded skin .xml files without the plugin installed (or any other modded epg files) doesn't result in any errors/crashes or anything. It appears the skin just ignores widget names if it can't find them within the modded epg files. I'm happy to submit these few changes if okay with admin/mods?

3. Try using Use epg_custom.png, else epg.png. This removes the need for one of the backing up processesSee my proposal for question 2. This is better/easier option.

4. Is there a possibility that the debug print comments can state that a modified version is being used. Makes it easier to diagnose issues.Good idea. I could only see one debug print statement which i've amended. I've also added the following debug statement to all plugin .py files:

[OpenVix Custom EPG] OpenVix Custom EPG is installed.....This then mentions the name of the file that is modded. Hopefully, this will aid with diagnosing issues as you can just search for "Custom EPG" in debug logs to see if/what modded epg file is being used, if any.

5. As far as I can see, the removal process only deals with the .pyo files, not .py files. So removal is not complete. Workaround is to use .pyo files in ipk or to add the .py files in removal processThe package provider, opkg, in this case handles removal of additional files installed when removed using opkg. I can confirm .py files are actually removed by opkg package.

abu baniaz
28-05-16, 21:42
Thanks for the clarification/s.

Best not to submit any pull requests until the existing one is merged. You saw how the primary bouquet thing caused confusion and gave credence to rejection to other items.

There was mention that there would be possible slow down in the EPG menu. How this is going to be tested/confirmed/found not to be the case is going to be difficult if it is not merged. The whole point of the Developer image is to test things before adding to the public image. I'll leave that discussion to others.

The plugin only replaces a modded skin .xml file.

I found an epg.png in the following folder
/media/hdd/ipkg-tools/enigma2-plugin-extensions-openvixcustomepg_1.0_all/usr/share/enigma2/Blue-HD/infobar
This is what prompted the question/suggestion. Maybe this is/was an oversight?

bbbuk
28-05-16, 22:21
Thanks for the clarification/s.

Best not to submit any pull requests until the existing one is merged. You saw how the primary bouquet thing caused confusion and gave credence to rejection to other items.

There was mention that there would be possible slow down in the EPG menu. How this is going to be tested/confirmed/found not to be the case is going to be difficult if it is not merged. The whole point of the Developer image is to test things before adding to the public image. I'll leave that discussion to others.I was only referring to skin .xml for the skins that have been modded at this time (about 4). I doubt the two extra lines of code in skin .xml file would slow image down. If, however, you're referring to entire epg mod then I can only confirm i've not noticed any slow down on my Vu+. I wouldn't know about slow downs on other lower spec boxes vix supports.

The way I see it is no other image has the option (that I know of) of customising coloured keys. However, I believe CoolTVguide plugin does offer option of customising some coloured keys.

I found an epg.png... This is what prompted the question/suggestion. Maybe this is/was an oversight?No, it wasn't an oversight. The main reason that has been replaced is so "<>" is at the end of the list of available bouquets. The other skins don't have this <>. It's just a gentle reminder you can use < or > to scroll through different bouquets. If others did give ok to just mod skins (at least at this time) then I would have this epg.png changed so it didn't have <> at end otherwise it's inconsistent with other skins that have been modded but don't have <>.

bbbuk
29-05-16, 22:38
version 1.1 has been released - see post #1 (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?51524-OpenVix-Custom-EPG&p=401473&viewfull=1#post401473).

Main changes:
Crash when selecting "skin empty services" from within Graphical EPG menu fixed - thanks twol
Added support for default Vix Night skin also
BlueHD skin updated - removed bold on GEPG

divil_a_bit
20-06-16, 06:22
Having +24/-24 buttons and "Recordings" buttons in the EPG is just super.
It's a pity it can't be merged back to the main release

bbbuk
24-07-16, 21:58
I've updated this mod (see first post) to version 1.16.

Changes in v1.16:

Fixed crash caused by recent code changes introduced for trashcan
Bumped version to 1.16 to correspond to subversion of vix that is has been tested against

Please do not use v1.16 of this mod on any vix image after 4.1 016

stewartie4
30-07-16, 19:28
It would be amazing if these features could be integrated into the main vix image. By default I'd say very few people use IMDB search, and the Add timer and add autotimer buttons can be accessed using the dedicated record button anyway. Meanwhile oft-used features such as accessing recordings and +/- 24 hours are added to obscure buttons.
Having channel numbers alongside the main EPG is a great addition too. Maybe not for everyone, but the choice is there.

I think the best option would be to allow simple customisation, that way everyone would be happy. People have been asking for these features for years
(62% of people in the poll here voted favourably: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44345-Which-coloured-EPG-options-do-you-prefer wanted some customisation)
but alas I don't see it happening from what I have gleaned from the poll as well as a few other threads, the answer is a flat "no" for seemingly no reason.

Thanks very much for this plugin though it's the next best thing!

duoduo
30-07-16, 19:59
Hi Guys,

Will this work with the youvix blue skin? If not please can developer let me know if it's in the pipeline?

dsayers
30-07-16, 20:08
the changing of the colored buttons and channel numbers will probably work but i doubt epg tabs will as that needs to be supported by the skin designer

Huevos
31-07-16, 01:48
(62% of people in the poll here voted favourably:

seemingly no reason.

Why don't you stop pushing, it's not going to happen. And anyway 24 votes is hardly a conclusive representation of the user base.

Rob van der Does
31-07-16, 03:17
We're not a democracy :)

One of the reasons for not implementing this, is that we try (and succeed to a large extend) to make the GUI as consistent as possible.
And you have noticed there are enough people around to change things, one way or another, temporarily or not. So make use of that, if you really want to.

twol
31-07-16, 08:53
I run with Youvix-blue and the epg mod.
The coloured buttons change and channel zap works fine.
If someone can educate me on epg tabs, I can check my system:)

duoduo
31-07-16, 11:52
Thanks Twol, I'd be grateful if you can find out about tabs and report back please

twol
31-07-16, 12:13
I am being really showing my age here ... what tabs? How and what is it?:)

bbbuk
31-07-16, 21:34
If someone can educate me on epg tabs, I can check my system:)EPG tabs?

Are you referring to the list of bouquets within graphical epg whilst using a supported skin?

twol
31-07-16, 22:11
Don,t know .... Rob mentioned it :)

Rob van der Does
01-08-16, 02:31
Euuuhh...me? No idea then......

twol
01-08-16, 08:00
So on that basis :) the skin works for me :)

dsayers
01-08-16, 08:10
I am being really showing my age here ... what tabs? How and what is it?:)

EPG Tabs option has to be support by the skin designer they display the bouquets within graphical EPG

abu baniaz
01-08-16, 08:19
As opposed to default of having to press TV button to show them

twol
01-08-16, 08:23
Thanks all I now feel educated....... must go and try it ...... but after breakfast and getting the all important coffee machine fixed (milk steamer knob is kaput), without my on stream Capo,s and Espresso,s my day is burnt:)

bbbuk
02-08-16, 21:06
Here is v1.16.2. Made slight changes and included a bit of code that was recently introduced that I had missed off.

Could a mod please update the opening post with this version instead?

Thanks

Rob van der Does
03-08-16, 05:57
Could a mod please update the opening post with this version instead?
Done .

dfox
05-08-16, 19:02
Couple of crashes just now. Are they related to plug in?

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/57a4d4b15788c/enigma2_crash_2016-08-05_18-55-37.log
http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/57a4d4b7dbefb/enigma2_crash_2016-08-05_18-50-11.log

Edit: No external live links please. Much easier for everyone if you just post the logs as attachments here.
RvvD

twol
05-08-16, 19:45
Not that I can see :)
Are you using remote fallback tuner in some way, without defining an IP address????

dfox
05-08-16, 20:36
No idea what that means so probably not ha ha

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
05-08-16, 20:38
Than please have a look at your settings and see if 'fallback tuner' has been activated.

dfox
05-08-16, 20:46
Where will this be?

dfox
05-08-16, 20:47
Found it and it has not been activated

dfox
05-08-16, 22:46
Had the same crash again. One thing I did do is select a preferred tuner for recording and set it to tuner c which dvb-c

twol
06-08-16, 13:32
Can you remove the epg mod and see if that fixes the situation .... Please update thread when you have an answer.

bbbuk
07-08-16, 11:31
I've just changed preferred tuner to B (from Auto) and recorded something and changed channel without a crash. This is on my Solo2.

dfox
07-08-16, 11:44
Not had anything since but have removed plug in so can't say what it was

bbbuk
07-08-16, 12:12
Not had anything since but have removed plug in so can't say what it was

Sent from my GT-I9505 using TapatalkHow often did it happen or what needed to be done to re-create the crash?

dfox
08-08-16, 22:11
Not sure how to re create it all I was doing was selecting a channel from the epg

bbbuk
09-08-16, 21:34
Not sure how to re create it all I was doing was selecting a channel from the epg No problem. Just obviously it's harder for me to diagnose if I can't re-create it. If you do happen to spot a pattern then let us know :)

dfox
09-08-16, 22:05
Will do. Did I upload the crash log to this thread?

bellejt
14-08-16, 13:30
updated to new vix 4.2 and crash is still present.

twol
14-08-16, 13:43
updated to new vix 4.2 and crash is still present.
You could try following version of UsageConfig.py:
Unzip & try following attachment in 4.2 49489
Goes in usr/lib/enigma2/python/components
confirm OK or not

bellejt
14-08-16, 13:58
will try as soon as I can because box crashes immediately when pushing menu button.So i need to do a full flash usb and restore of image.Takes 8 min.Latest working fine image is 4.1.09.

bellejt
14-08-16, 14:31
Ok , took the chance and I am VERY happy.Sent file over by FTP and installed .By question restart I answerd NO. FTPt your file into right directory and overwrite original file.Then did a restart off the box and all is working fine.Maybe sent this to developper so it can be debugged and maybe set in the openvix feeds.Is a super App for changing EPG.

twol
14-08-16, 14:53
Ok , took the chance and I am VERY happy.Sent file over by FTP and installed .By question restart I answerd NO. FTPt your file into right directory and overwrite original file.Then did a restart off the box and all is working fine.Maybe sent this to developper so it can be debugged and maybe set in the openvix feeds.Is a super App for changing EPG.

Many thanks - great :)
Somewhere the changes to UsageConfig.py haven,t been copied over into the ipk, as I have been running with this code for some time ... will PM bbbuk and see what we can do.

abu baniaz
14-08-16, 14:56
Using patch file may be better option. Download latest patch file, apply patch file.

bellejt
14-08-16, 14:58
Abu , think patch file will not work because as soon as you reboot box after installing IPK the box reboots directly when touching a button on remote or Webif.I used other method without rebooting box but not everybody will try that.

bellejt
14-08-16, 15:28
what I see now is that on top off screen in channellist EPG there is a disturbing line with bouquets visible.That was not there before.Is it possible to remove that line ?

bellejt
14-08-16, 16:04
example : see upper screen row

abu baniaz
14-08-16, 16:06
example : see upper screen row

That is the horizontal/tabbed bouquets. They were there in the last two versions.

bellejt
14-08-16, 16:08
never seen them in graphic EPG until now when I updated custom epg with file cause off crash.

abu baniaz
14-08-16, 16:12
never seen them in graphic EPG until now when I updated custom epg with file cause off crash.

With all due respect, I think there may have been confusion as to which files you are installing. Hence the reason why you had to go back to 4.1 009 not 4.1 016.

I did send a PM to bbbuk asking for them to be configurable as there is overlap when you have long bouquet names.

bellejt
14-08-16, 16:26
thx.I installed new image without restore today and only custom epg from IPK.And used the patch file I got here.

bbbuk
14-08-16, 21:03
Here is v2.1.0 beta for Vix 4.2.001 only. I haven't yet had a chance to test this so please ensure you make a backup of image first.

The new OE-core change has resulted in a lot of changes (with more to come) but I think I have captured all the latest changes to these files.

This plugin is only for Vix 4.2.001 as I expect more changes in next release.

Please post back with your findings.

Thank you.

bellejt
14-08-16, 21:08
will try it tomorrow if possible.thx in advance

bbbuk
15-08-16, 08:18
what I see now is that on top off screen in channellist EPG there is a disturbing line with bouquets visible.That was not there before.Is it possible to remove that line ?The problem is long provider (ie sat/cable) names. When originally developed, it was based on, at the time, Sky.

You can remove the bouquet tab type screen by editing "CommonSkin.xml" within "usr/share/enigma2/ViX-Common". Search for and remove the entire line beginning
<widget name="guidebouquetlist". Depending on your screen resolution of your pc/laptop, you it may go onto two lines. The line ends with "/>"

@Abu, I forgot about that, sorry. Working on a few things at this moment. It would help me if you could find out the name of the widget that is used to display the provider name. With regards to bellejt post, this is "Canal Digital". Maybe @Rossi2000 could provide some assistance here?

abu baniaz
15-08-16, 10:00
A suggestion:
If possible, can you make the skin changes to go in a separate location to the main skin. You will only need to deal with the affected screens.

See this thread:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?29309-Tweak-to-Infobar-of-Magic-HD-Noire-skin-for-Ocram-SHD-Picons&p=219810&viewfull=1#post219810

bellejt
15-08-16, 10:21
just adapted the file and much better.Thx.

bellejt
15-08-16, 12:23
tried the patch IPK on my second box (also VU+ duo2) and working fine.

lincsat
28-08-16, 23:35
You could try following version of UsageConfig.py:
Unzip & try following attachment in 4.2 49489
Goes in usr/lib/enigma2/python/components
confirm OK or not

In the Usageconfig.py is it possible you can change the config.epgselection.infobar_piconwidth minimum setting from 70 to 50 as 50 looks better with some Skins. Not just in the plugin version but the default as well - thanks

twol
29-08-16, 06:57
Probably:) (I am on holiday)..... but need to wait for @bbbuk to respond

bbbuk
29-08-16, 09:27
In the Usageconfig.py is it possible you can change the config.epgselection.infobar_piconwidth minimum setting from 70 to 50 as 50 looks better with some Skins. Not just in the plugin version but the default as well - thanksI can do but do picons still look okay with all the skins that Vix supports as I don't want to change something that makes picons look okay on some skins and not others otherwise lol.

lincsat
29-08-16, 14:37
I can do but do picons still look okay with all the skins that Vix supports as I don't want to change something that makes picons look okay on some skins and not others otherwise lol.

It's only changing the minimum size, it's currently adjustable from 70 to 500 with a default of 100. I'm just asking to change the minimum value from 70 to 50

bbbuk
29-08-16, 14:55
It's only changing the minimum size, it's currently adjustable from 70 to 500 with a default of 100. I'm just asking to change the minimum value from 70 to 50I've changed default to 50 as requested. It will be included in next release of the plugin.

You will have to submit a pull request of relevant file in github for consideration by Vix team for it to be included in forthcoming vix releases.

Rob van der Does
29-08-16, 15:58
See

https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commit/2a5a8fa6af5139d9273de5f4e139440f05af87f2

lincsat
29-08-16, 16:50
I've changed default to 50 as requested. It will be included in next release of the plugin.

You will have to submit a pull request of relevant file in github for consideration by Vix team for it to be included in forthcoming vix releases.

Cheers M8.

I do have another plugin related suggestion. When assigning +/-24 Hours to a Coloured button, it's labelled as +/-24, could this be changed to +/-24 Hours?

bbbuk
29-08-16, 17:09
I do have another plugin related suggestion. When assigning +/-24 Hours to a Coloured button, it's labelled as +/-24, could this be changed to +/-24 Hours?Another one lol. Good idea, i've amended them to +/-24 Hrs now.

TK4|2|1
02-10-16, 13:56
Anybody report if this works ok on 4.2.006?

abu baniaz
02-10-16, 16:24
There is a wait for the button choices to be done by OpenVix.

bbbuk
02-10-16, 17:18
This is no longer being maintained as channel number in GEPG is already incorporated in recent Vix images.

As mentioned by Abu, just waiting on re-assigning of coloured buttons to be incorporated.

TK4|2|1
02-10-16, 18:25
This is no longer being maintained as channel number in GEPG is already incorporated in recent Vix images.

As mentioned by Abu, just waiting on re-assigning of coloured buttons to be incorporated.

Good to hear, but What about page up and down using channel buttons, will this be implemented into Vix image?

dsayers
02-10-16, 18:36
To be honest the up and down can be used with 2 and 8 the issue is for people wanting epg tabs they need to use a modified epgselection.py that overwrites the option to change the color of the function buttons

TK4|2|1
02-10-16, 18:39
To be honest the up and down can be used with 2 and 8 the issue is for people wanting epg tabs they need to use a modified epgselection.py that overwrites the option to change the color of the function buttons

I don't have number buttons on my remote (harmony touch), well I do but it's a pain for the wife and kids to use.

dsayers
03-10-16, 00:53
You should be able to assign the colored buttons to do plus and minus 24

WILLJE
14-11-16, 09:07
Just wondering whether the facility for re-assigning of coloured buttons is likely to be incorporated in to future openvix images in the near future.

bbbuk
14-11-16, 21:50
Just wondering whether the facility for re-assigning of coloured buttons is likely to be incorporated in to future openvix images in the near future.Mods/Admin,

I don't mind submitting a pull request on GitHub regarding this but as it stands most of the coloured key assignment was designed for GEPG usage mainly because GEPG is (I would say) used most as well as some of the options for the coloured key assignment were designed for (and only work in) the GEPG.

Although, in a perfect world (and for consistency) the options would be available from all EPG screens but as I said some of the available options for the coloured keys weren't designed for any screens other than GEPG I don't think. One such available option is displaying bouquets list. This takes up 3/4 of screen so obviously only the GEPG is suitable for it.

WILLJE
19-11-16, 07:38
bbbuk

If you could pull some strings to get this incorporated I for one would be very pleased. I tend to only use the GEPG so it suits me, not sure what other members opinions are on getting this included.

bbbuk
19-11-16, 19:17
bbbuk

If you could pull some strings to get this incorporated I for one would be very pleased. I tend to only use the GEPG so it suits me, not sure what other members opinions are on getting this included.This is entirely upto admin/mods.

Ford1
19-11-16, 22:53
Sorry if this has already been covered, but.

Is there a way to re-enable the "tabs" on the top of graphical epg? I have just updated to ver 4.2.013 and really liked these when I had them on ver 3.x

WILLJE
20-11-16, 11:27
This is entirely upto admin/mods.

If it doesnt get included is it possible to get it to work on the latest version of openvix.

bbbuk
20-11-16, 14:57
Sorry if this has already been covered, but.

Is there a way to re-enable the "tabs" on the top of graphical epg? I have just updated to ver 4.2.013 and really liked these when I had them on ver 3.x

If it doesnt get included is it possible to get it to work on the latest version of openvix.

Unfortunately due to time constraints, I don't have time to keep track of changes made to key source files in order to maintain this plugin and keep it stable and compatible with vix images.

Ford1
23-11-16, 09:21
Moda/Admin/Developers

Are there any plans to incorporate the other parts of the mod in the upcoming openvix images?
e.g.
Bouquet tabs in GEPG
Reassignment of coloured buttons in GEPG

divil_a_bit
16-01-17, 21:29
I've just tried Openvix 4.2.026 and this plugin failed to install.

I'll stick with Hades 018 for since "tabs" in the GEPG and +/- 24 hours is too important to me.

Will these features ever be available in Openvix?

Andy_Hazza
16-01-17, 21:33
I'm unsure if this will ever get into a ViX build. Could always ask the question to @bbbuk and see what he says and if he's heard anything.

dsayers
16-01-17, 21:41
I tried a pull request for tabs but it was rejected and haven't had time to have another look. You can find alternative epgselection.py that works it will give you tabs and the ch up and down function but not changing the functions of the colored buttons.

divil_a_bit
16-01-17, 23:21
Thanks for the info - it's a pity it hasn't been integrated yet.
Is there a link to these pull requests (or diffs) for the original changes and the latest changes @dsayers?

dsayers
17-01-17, 00:01
Yes here
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/pull/43 but it doesn't include the channel up and down on epg

I have included one here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?55111-Bouquets-missing-from-EPG&p=434649#post434649 that adds ch up and down in epg plus adds an options dialog

judge
17-01-17, 00:39
I've just tried Openvix 4.2.026 and this plugin failed to install.

I'll stick with Hades 018 for since "tabs" in the GEPG and +/- 24 hours is too important to me.

Will these features ever be available in Openvix?

Just use the TV & CH+, CH- buttons?

Andy_Hazza
17-01-17, 06:53
Just use the TV & CH+, CH- buttons?

They want it like Sky Murdoch......

judge
17-01-17, 07:22
They want it like Sky Murdoch......

So much easier without Sky Murdoch tho...

mo-uk
14-04-17, 19:51
Hi
I was looking for this feature but I have OV 5 installed which is later than what is supported.

is it possible to re-assign coloured buttons now in OV - cannot find it myself - or can I til use this plugin?

markus625
01-06-17, 20:38
HI BBUK
Is this possible to work on vix 5 latest build as cant get this to run, was happy with this mod on vix4 but have had to upgrade to get kodi and other plugins.

dsayers
02-06-17, 14:07
HI BBUK
Is this possible to work on vix 5 latest build as cant get this to run, was happy with this mod on vix4 but have had to upgrade to get kodi and other plugins.

No its outdated, channel numbers on GraphicalEPG are available now. You could try the modified epgselection.py on post 122 FOR EPG tabs and ch up and down but again those py files maybe to outdated to use on later images

abu baniaz
24-06-17, 17:17
HI BBUK

Maybe you can try Kiddac's version of the file.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kn6apupi45vs8an/AACl90P2A-Tm_ULBzirix9Y8a/skins/Slyk%201%20HD/Slyk%20Skin%20Modifications?dl=0